亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Opinion: Iran nuclear deal worth keeping
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-01-12 23:02:28 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: Iranians take part in a protest against U.S. President Donald Trump's speech at the United Nations general assembly, in Tehran on Sept. 22, 2017. (Xinhua/AFP)

      by Xinhua writer Liu Chen

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump is set to decide Friday whether to reimpose economic sanctions on Tehran, a move that may put the landmark Iran nuclear deal in peril.

      As a diplomatic breakthrough reached between six major countries and Iran in 2015 after a decade of talks, the deal has been proven effective in deterring Iran's nuclear development, bolstering stability in the Middle East and upholding the international non-proliferation regime, especially at such a delicate time.

      Although the treaty might not be perfect, it remains worthy of preserving. The accord has provided "clear and tangible" benefits on limiting Iran's nuclear program, according to a recently released report by U.S. think tanks.

      Under the deal, Iran would need roughly a year, instead of less than two months, to produce enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon, giving the international community enough time to detect any major clandestine nuclear effort, said the report, which is co-authored by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and Center for a New American Security.

      In nine reports since the pact was inked, the International Atomic Energy Agency, the international non-proliferation watchdog, has confirmed that Tehran has been in full compliance with the deal, rebutting the accusation from Washington of the Islamic Republic's "multiple violations of the agreement."

      In fact, the United States is the only party that has threatened to scrap the deal, a stance that has been confronted by other participants.

      Shortly before Trump was expected to announce his decisions, diplomats from Britain, France, Germany and the European Union again called on Trump to uphold the pact.

      French President Emmanuel Macron emphasized the importance of abiding by the deal "in order to guarantee better stability in the Middle East," according to a readout of his telephone conversation with Trump on Thursday.

      British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said those who oppose the nuclear agreement should come up with a better solution, "because we haven't seen it so far."

      He gave the remarks alongside his German and French counterparts as well as EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini after meeting Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in Brussels on Thursday.

      On the same occasion, German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said the European signatories of the Iran deal "want to protect (the deal) against every possible decision that might undermine it."

      Meanwhile, China and Russia, the other two parties in the pact, have also repeatedly urged parties to preserve the deal, which is "a beneficial practice of solving a critical issue through political and diplomatic means."

      While the Iran accord may be imperfect in that it includes a "sunset clause" that allows Iran to restart its uranium enrichment program after 2025, so long as Iran complies with it, it remains the best mechanism available.

      Preventing the deal from falling apart is especially meaningful at a time when nuclear tensions are still high on the Korean Peninsular despite the recent ice-breaking dialogue between the two Koreas.

      "Ending the Iran deal is an invitation to war," Ilan Goldenberg and Mara Karlin, two former Pentagon officials who have worked in Iran, warned in an article published in The Atlantic magazine in October.

      Given that Iran has said it would no longer abide by the pact if the United States renews its sanctions, Trump's decision to nullify the arms control deal would very likely lead to Tehran never returning to the negotiating table and freeing itself of its nuclear obligations set by the deal.

      In fact, America's own strategic interests will be best served by keeping the pact intact.

      Scrapping the deal now would remove important existing constraints on Iran's nuclear program, and would leave the United States in a far weaker position to negotiate meaningful future limits on the program, said the U.S. think tank report.

      A unilateral U.S. withdrawal from the Iran deal would be another blow to America's diplomatic credibility, which has already been damaged after its multiple "retreats" from the international organizations and commitments last year.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Opinion: Iran nuclear deal worth keeping

      Source: Xinhua 2018-01-12 23:02:28

      File Photo: Iranians take part in a protest against U.S. President Donald Trump's speech at the United Nations general assembly, in Tehran on Sept. 22, 2017. (Xinhua/AFP)

      by Xinhua writer Liu Chen

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump is set to decide Friday whether to reimpose economic sanctions on Tehran, a move that may put the landmark Iran nuclear deal in peril.

      As a diplomatic breakthrough reached between six major countries and Iran in 2015 after a decade of talks, the deal has been proven effective in deterring Iran's nuclear development, bolstering stability in the Middle East and upholding the international non-proliferation regime, especially at such a delicate time.

      Although the treaty might not be perfect, it remains worthy of preserving. The accord has provided "clear and tangible" benefits on limiting Iran's nuclear program, according to a recently released report by U.S. think tanks.

      Under the deal, Iran would need roughly a year, instead of less than two months, to produce enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon, giving the international community enough time to detect any major clandestine nuclear effort, said the report, which is co-authored by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and Center for a New American Security.

      In nine reports since the pact was inked, the International Atomic Energy Agency, the international non-proliferation watchdog, has confirmed that Tehran has been in full compliance with the deal, rebutting the accusation from Washington of the Islamic Republic's "multiple violations of the agreement."

      In fact, the United States is the only party that has threatened to scrap the deal, a stance that has been confronted by other participants.

      Shortly before Trump was expected to announce his decisions, diplomats from Britain, France, Germany and the European Union again called on Trump to uphold the pact.

      French President Emmanuel Macron emphasized the importance of abiding by the deal "in order to guarantee better stability in the Middle East," according to a readout of his telephone conversation with Trump on Thursday.

      British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said those who oppose the nuclear agreement should come up with a better solution, "because we haven't seen it so far."

      He gave the remarks alongside his German and French counterparts as well as EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini after meeting Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in Brussels on Thursday.

      On the same occasion, German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said the European signatories of the Iran deal "want to protect (the deal) against every possible decision that might undermine it."

      Meanwhile, China and Russia, the other two parties in the pact, have also repeatedly urged parties to preserve the deal, which is "a beneficial practice of solving a critical issue through political and diplomatic means."

      While the Iran accord may be imperfect in that it includes a "sunset clause" that allows Iran to restart its uranium enrichment program after 2025, so long as Iran complies with it, it remains the best mechanism available.

      Preventing the deal from falling apart is especially meaningful at a time when nuclear tensions are still high on the Korean Peninsular despite the recent ice-breaking dialogue between the two Koreas.

      "Ending the Iran deal is an invitation to war," Ilan Goldenberg and Mara Karlin, two former Pentagon officials who have worked in Iran, warned in an article published in The Atlantic magazine in October.

      Given that Iran has said it would no longer abide by the pact if the United States renews its sanctions, Trump's decision to nullify the arms control deal would very likely lead to Tehran never returning to the negotiating table and freeing itself of its nuclear obligations set by the deal.

      In fact, America's own strategic interests will be best served by keeping the pact intact.

      Scrapping the deal now would remove important existing constraints on Iran's nuclear program, and would leave the United States in a far weaker position to negotiate meaningful future limits on the program, said the U.S. think tank report.

      A unilateral U.S. withdrawal from the Iran deal would be another blow to America's diplomatic credibility, which has already been damaged after its multiple "retreats" from the international organizations and commitments last year.

      010020070750000000000000011105091368917011
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 性感人妻中文字幕在线| 亚洲色av天天天天天天| 无码一区二区三区久久精品| 久久中文字幕亚洲精品最新| 欧美激情xxxx性bbbb| 亚洲国产亚综合在线区| 国产精品污| 精品综合久久久久久8888| 麻豆av一区二区天堂| 博乐市| 日本专区一区二区三区在线| 一区二区三区中文字幕有码| 亚洲欧美国产日产综合不卡| 国产手机在线小视频免费观看| 亚洲成AV人在线播放无码| 国产亚洲欧美另类一区二区三区| 亚洲精品不卡午夜精品| 国产极品美女到高潮| 激情人妻中出中文字幕一区| 通州市| 中文字幕无线精品亚洲乱码一区| 成熟少妇XXXXX高清视频| 亚洲AV无码乱码国产麻豆| 老司机午夜精品视频资源| 亚洲 制服 丝袜 无码| 日本一区二区视频在线播放| 一区二区三区蜜桃在线视频| 免费看一级av一区二区不卡| 四虎成人在线观看免费| 久久精品人妻无码专区| 国产成人无码午夜视频在线播放| 熟女丝袜美腿亚洲一区二区三区| yjizz视频国产网站在线播放| 亚洲国产一区二区三区在观看| 国产一区二区三区爆白浆| 加勒比精品久久一区二区三区| 精品伊人久久大香线蕉网站| 国产综合色在线精品| 亚洲国产一区二区在线| 视频二区精品中文字幕| 亚洲一区二区观看网站|