亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      News Analysis: Post-Brexit budget hole to pose test for EU unity
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-01-14 02:18:11 | Editor: huaxia

      British Prime Minister Theresa May arrives at the EU headquarters for an EU Summit in Brussels, Belgium, Dec. 14, 2017. (Xinhua/Ye Pingfan)

      by Xinhua writers Zhai Wei, Shuai Rong

      BRUSSELS, Jan. 13 (Xinhua) -- The post-Brexit budget of the European Union (EU) is to pose a test for its unity when the bloc is under pressure to draw its blueprint for the next multi-year financial framework after Britain leaves a big hole in it.

      It is estimated that Britain, as a net contributor to the EU budget, will after its exit leave a shortfall of more than 12 billion euros (14.6 billion U.S. dollars) per year in the budget. With its current seven-year budget period ending in 2020, the EU's executive arm European Commission (EC) plans to present the blueprint of the next multi-year budget in May.

      However, the pressure facing the EU is not confined to the reduced receipts by Brexit. The bloc has set new goals in areas such as migration, internal and external security, among others, incurring more expenditures. This may result in a much larger financial gap.

      EC chief Jean-Claude Juncker on Jan. 8 called on the 27 members states to pay more money into the bloc's coffers. Juncker said the next EU budget should be more than 1 percent of the bloc's gross domestic product (GDP).

      Juncker also implied there would be less money for some programs. The cohesion policy and the common agricultural policy (CAP) are likely to be the worst hit.

      However, it's easier to be said than done. Either increasing contributions or scrapping projects may make some member states unhappy.

      A financial reduction in cohesion policy may create a negative dynamic among the central and eastern European countries.

      European media Euroactive reported the Hungarian and Polish governments on Monday expressed their readiness to contribute more to the next EU financial framework after Brexit but are not in favor of cuts in the cohesion policy spendings.

      A polish official described planned cuts in cohesion policy as being "too simple," arguing the policy has proven its added value and "has a bright future" after reforms.

      Under cohesion policy, there have been large amounts of money transferred from the richer west to eastern countries including Poland, Slovakia and Hungary.

      EU statistics show Poland is the biggest single beneficiary of EU budgets. Last year, it received 7.1 billion euros (8.7 billion dollars) more than it contributed to the EU budget. For the current seven-year budget period, such kind of fund transfers to EU's poor members are estimated to total 325 billion euros (396 billion dollars).

      Richer members are expected to be reluctant. "I think it is unlikely that the net payers will be happy to fill this gap completely or unconditionally," said Fabian Zuleeg, chief executive and chief economist of the think tank European Policy Center.

      It seems things will become more complicated when there are already tensions over migration and Poland's judicial overhaul between Brussels and the central and eastern European countries.

      "The danger is that it creates further tension or fragmentation between the member states," said Zuleeg.

      Juncker has voiced the hope for the EU member states to strike an agreement before the election of EU institutions in the spring of 2019.

      The EU unity is expected to be strongly tested with budget negotiations likely to turn into a major political battle among members in the next months.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      News Analysis: Post-Brexit budget hole to pose test for EU unity

      Source: Xinhua 2018-01-14 02:18:11

      British Prime Minister Theresa May arrives at the EU headquarters for an EU Summit in Brussels, Belgium, Dec. 14, 2017. (Xinhua/Ye Pingfan)

      by Xinhua writers Zhai Wei, Shuai Rong

      BRUSSELS, Jan. 13 (Xinhua) -- The post-Brexit budget of the European Union (EU) is to pose a test for its unity when the bloc is under pressure to draw its blueprint for the next multi-year financial framework after Britain leaves a big hole in it.

      It is estimated that Britain, as a net contributor to the EU budget, will after its exit leave a shortfall of more than 12 billion euros (14.6 billion U.S. dollars) per year in the budget. With its current seven-year budget period ending in 2020, the EU's executive arm European Commission (EC) plans to present the blueprint of the next multi-year budget in May.

      However, the pressure facing the EU is not confined to the reduced receipts by Brexit. The bloc has set new goals in areas such as migration, internal and external security, among others, incurring more expenditures. This may result in a much larger financial gap.

      EC chief Jean-Claude Juncker on Jan. 8 called on the 27 members states to pay more money into the bloc's coffers. Juncker said the next EU budget should be more than 1 percent of the bloc's gross domestic product (GDP).

      Juncker also implied there would be less money for some programs. The cohesion policy and the common agricultural policy (CAP) are likely to be the worst hit.

      However, it's easier to be said than done. Either increasing contributions or scrapping projects may make some member states unhappy.

      A financial reduction in cohesion policy may create a negative dynamic among the central and eastern European countries.

      European media Euroactive reported the Hungarian and Polish governments on Monday expressed their readiness to contribute more to the next EU financial framework after Brexit but are not in favor of cuts in the cohesion policy spendings.

      A polish official described planned cuts in cohesion policy as being "too simple," arguing the policy has proven its added value and "has a bright future" after reforms.

      Under cohesion policy, there have been large amounts of money transferred from the richer west to eastern countries including Poland, Slovakia and Hungary.

      EU statistics show Poland is the biggest single beneficiary of EU budgets. Last year, it received 7.1 billion euros (8.7 billion dollars) more than it contributed to the EU budget. For the current seven-year budget period, such kind of fund transfers to EU's poor members are estimated to total 325 billion euros (396 billion dollars).

      Richer members are expected to be reluctant. "I think it is unlikely that the net payers will be happy to fill this gap completely or unconditionally," said Fabian Zuleeg, chief executive and chief economist of the think tank European Policy Center.

      It seems things will become more complicated when there are already tensions over migration and Poland's judicial overhaul between Brussels and the central and eastern European countries.

      "The danger is that it creates further tension or fragmentation between the member states," said Zuleeg.

      Juncker has voiced the hope for the EU member states to strike an agreement before the election of EU institutions in the spring of 2019.

      The EU unity is expected to be strongly tested with budget negotiations likely to turn into a major political battle among members in the next months.

      010020070750000000000000011105521368935931
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲最大网站免费在线观看| 精品人妻人妇中文字幕视频| 国产在线观看不卡免费| 丰满少妇a级黄片在线免费观看| 2017天天爽夜夜爽精品视频| 男女在线免费视频网站| 青青草99久久精品国产综合| 手机av男人天堂免费网址| 古田县| 国产精品18久久久久网站| 亚洲AV无码成人精品区日韩密殿| 亚欧免费视频一区二区三区| 欧美日本精品一本二本三区| 精品天海翼一区二区| 久久精品国产久精国产80cm| 亚在线观看免费视频入口| 亚洲av无码久久精品蜜桃| 欧美刺激性大交| 精品人妻av区乱码| 亚洲天堂av社区久久| 国产精品久久久久亚洲| 国产艳妇av在线出轨| 久久久久久亚洲AV无码专区高潮| 久久久久久久久久亚洲精品影院| 午夜电影| 久久亚洲av成人一二三区| 亚洲国产性夜夜综合| 免费国产黄片视频在线观看| 午夜国产精品视频免费看电影| 女同性恋亚洲一区二区| 被欺辱的高贵人妻被中出| 亚洲区日韩精品中文字幕| 亚洲国产精品毛片在线看| 思思99热久久精品在线6| 波多野结衣在线播放一区| 高大丰满熟妇丰满的大白屁股| 欧美人成精品网站播放| 国产亚洲成人精品一区| 国产精品国产三级国产在线观 | 综合激情网站| 又污又黄又无遮挡网站|