亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      U.S. withholds aid for Palestinian refugees amid int'l concerns
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-01-17 23:29:30 | Editor: huaxia

      A Palestinian refugee child plays outside her house at Khan Younis refugee camp in southern Gaza Strip, on Aug. 8, 2017. About 2 million people reside in the Gaza Strip, where over 1.2 million refugees are registered. (Xinhua/Wissam Nassar)

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 16 (Xinhua) -- The United States have informed a UN body in charge of aiding Palestinian refugees that the nation will withhold 65 million U.S. dollars in a bid to push for the agency' s "reform", a U.S. State Department spokesperson said on Tuesday.

      The United States had delivered a letter earlier on Tuesday to the UN Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestinian refugees in the Near East to inform it the decision, U.S. State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told a press briefing.

      The money being frozen would be held for future consideration, rather than being canceled, she said.

      "One of the things that the United States would like to do is see some revisions made in how UNRWA operates," she said. "One of the things this administration would like to do, just as we talk about UN reform ... it's not a lost cause at all. We would like to see some reforms being made."

      Despite the suspension, the United State wills still commit a voluntary contribution of 60 million U.S. dollars in 2018 to ensure that the agency will not face a shutdown.

      The decision was claimed to not have been aimed at punishing the Palestinians for bringing President Donald Trump's Jerusalem decision to the UN Security Council for vote last year.

      Washington "would like other countries - in fact, other countries that criticize the United States for what they believe to be our position vis-a-vis the Palestinians, other countries that have criticized us - to step forward and actually help with UNRWA, to do more," she said.

      Trump was reportedly planning to withhold tens of millions of dollars for UNRWA, which was created in 1949 as a relief and human development agency for Palestinian refugees and their descendants.

      Also on Tuesday, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres expressed concern over the cut, saying the agency, a UN institution, is providing vital services to the Palestinian refugees, both in the occupied territories and in Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      U.S. withholds aid for Palestinian refugees amid int'l concerns

      Source: Xinhua 2018-01-17 23:29:30

      A Palestinian refugee child plays outside her house at Khan Younis refugee camp in southern Gaza Strip, on Aug. 8, 2017. About 2 million people reside in the Gaza Strip, where over 1.2 million refugees are registered. (Xinhua/Wissam Nassar)

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 16 (Xinhua) -- The United States have informed a UN body in charge of aiding Palestinian refugees that the nation will withhold 65 million U.S. dollars in a bid to push for the agency' s "reform", a U.S. State Department spokesperson said on Tuesday.

      The United States had delivered a letter earlier on Tuesday to the UN Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestinian refugees in the Near East to inform it the decision, U.S. State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told a press briefing.

      The money being frozen would be held for future consideration, rather than being canceled, she said.

      "One of the things that the United States would like to do is see some revisions made in how UNRWA operates," she said. "One of the things this administration would like to do, just as we talk about UN reform ... it's not a lost cause at all. We would like to see some reforms being made."

      Despite the suspension, the United State wills still commit a voluntary contribution of 60 million U.S. dollars in 2018 to ensure that the agency will not face a shutdown.

      The decision was claimed to not have been aimed at punishing the Palestinians for bringing President Donald Trump's Jerusalem decision to the UN Security Council for vote last year.

      Washington "would like other countries - in fact, other countries that criticize the United States for what they believe to be our position vis-a-vis the Palestinians, other countries that have criticized us - to step forward and actually help with UNRWA, to do more," she said.

      Trump was reportedly planning to withhold tens of millions of dollars for UNRWA, which was created in 1949 as a relief and human development agency for Palestinian refugees and their descendants.

      Also on Tuesday, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres expressed concern over the cut, saying the agency, a UN institution, is providing vital services to the Palestinian refugees, both in the occupied territories and in Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon.

      010020070750000000000000011105521369032941
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本一区二区三区视频版| 九九在线精品视频xxx| 在线播放国产女同闺蜜| 亚洲成A人V欧美综合天堂麻豆| 人妻少妇 在线视频| 国产一区二区三区色区| 性人久久久精品国产亚洲av| 亚洲黄色尤物视频| 亚洲一区二区三区十八禁| 高级会所人妻互换94部分| 在线视频一区二区亚洲| 新兴县| 国产精品每日更新在线观看| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 亚洲成年网站| 高清专区一区二区中文字幕| 久草热这里只有精品在线| 精品久久久久久国产潘金莲| 中文字幕日韩人妻在线| 国产乱码精品一区二区麻豆| 亚洲av乱码专区国产乱码| 91福利免费视频| 免费的黄网站精品久久| 亚洲亚洲网站三级片在线| 国产精品久久久久电影院| 青青青青青手机视频在线观看视频| 蜜桃一区二区三区在线看| 久久网站视频免费观看| 日本精品国产1区2区3区| 精品丝袜国产自在线拍高清| 亚洲欧美天堂网| 女同在线观看免费网站| 国产喷白浆精品一区二区| 色综亚洲国产VV在线观看| 国内视频偷拍一区,二区,三区| 中国老太老肥熟女视频| 91精品人妻一区二区三区蜜臀| 色综合久久婷婷五月| 亚洲无码网站| 成人在线免费视频亚洲| 2021国产最新无码视频|