亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Women's group urges Philippine leader to stand firm on "comfort women" issue
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-01-18 15:53:49 | Editor: huaxia

      Photo taken on Dec. 8, 2017 shows a statue representing the "comfort women" in Manila, the Philippines. (Xinhua/Dong Chengwen)

      MANILA, Jan. 17 (Xinhua) -- Philippine women's group on Wednesday urged President Rodrigo Duterte to make "a concrete and clear position" on the issue of "comfort women" who were forced to work as sex slaves by the Japanese imperial army during World War II.

      Joms Salvador, the secretary general of GABRIELA Alliance of Women, stressed the need to have a "concrete and clear national policy on the issue of comfort women."

      "The Philippines needs to have a national policy on these women's quest for justice. We lack a concrete and clear policy on this," Salvador told Xinhua via telephone.

      She said that Duterte also needs to have a "black and white stand" on the "comfort woman" statue that now stands along a scenic bayside boulevard in Manila City.

      The Philippines erected a seven-feet bronze "comfort women" sculpture in December along a public promenade in Manila's busy Roxas Boulevard. Japan has asked the Philippine government to remove the sculpture.

      GABRIELA asked Duterte anew to reject Japan's demand to remove the statue. GABRIELA and Lila Pilipina (League of Filipino Women) have earlier urged the Philippine government to ignore Japan's request.

      GABRIELA is at the forefront of the Filipino women's struggle for freedom and democracy while Lila Pilipina is an organization of wartime sex slaves.

      Both groups have been demanding justice on behalf of the aging comfort women in the Philippines, demanding an official apology from the Japanese government, just compensation, and inclusion of the comfort women issue in Japan's historical accounts and textbooks.

      If Japan really wants to settle the "comfort women" issue, it should "officially recognize the horrors of state-sponsored sexual slavery" and apologize to the victims." Raising petty issues about statues won't make the issue go away," she said.

      It should be made clear to Japan that Filipino 'comfort women' are a national issue subject to official negotiations in a victim-centered process that will restore much of their dignity, she said.

      In a recent interview with local media MindaNews, Duterte commented on the newly erected monument honoring the "comfort women." The interview, which took place last Friday night in Davao City, was made after Duterte met with Japanese Minister of Internal Affairs and Communication Seiko Noda.

      Duterte told MindaNews that the Japanese government did not demand the removal of the statue but expressed regret.

      Duterte said he informed Noda that he "cannot stop the relatives or even the comfort women still living from their freedom to express what they are expressing through the statue."

      "That is a constitutional right which I cannot stop. It's prohibitive for me to do that," MindaNews quoted Duterte as saying.

      Moreover, Duterte told MindaNews that removing the statue is up to Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada, adding that the issue "has not been raised to national policy" and that the government was (blind and deaf) about its installation."

      Philippine Foreign Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano said last week that the Philippine government has created an inter-agency fact-finding group that will look into the controversial monument.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Women's group urges Philippine leader to stand firm on "comfort women" issue

      Source: Xinhua 2018-01-18 15:53:49

      Photo taken on Dec. 8, 2017 shows a statue representing the "comfort women" in Manila, the Philippines. (Xinhua/Dong Chengwen)

      MANILA, Jan. 17 (Xinhua) -- Philippine women's group on Wednesday urged President Rodrigo Duterte to make "a concrete and clear position" on the issue of "comfort women" who were forced to work as sex slaves by the Japanese imperial army during World War II.

      Joms Salvador, the secretary general of GABRIELA Alliance of Women, stressed the need to have a "concrete and clear national policy on the issue of comfort women."

      "The Philippines needs to have a national policy on these women's quest for justice. We lack a concrete and clear policy on this," Salvador told Xinhua via telephone.

      She said that Duterte also needs to have a "black and white stand" on the "comfort woman" statue that now stands along a scenic bayside boulevard in Manila City.

      The Philippines erected a seven-feet bronze "comfort women" sculpture in December along a public promenade in Manila's busy Roxas Boulevard. Japan has asked the Philippine government to remove the sculpture.

      GABRIELA asked Duterte anew to reject Japan's demand to remove the statue. GABRIELA and Lila Pilipina (League of Filipino Women) have earlier urged the Philippine government to ignore Japan's request.

      GABRIELA is at the forefront of the Filipino women's struggle for freedom and democracy while Lila Pilipina is an organization of wartime sex slaves.

      Both groups have been demanding justice on behalf of the aging comfort women in the Philippines, demanding an official apology from the Japanese government, just compensation, and inclusion of the comfort women issue in Japan's historical accounts and textbooks.

      If Japan really wants to settle the "comfort women" issue, it should "officially recognize the horrors of state-sponsored sexual slavery" and apologize to the victims." Raising petty issues about statues won't make the issue go away," she said.

      It should be made clear to Japan that Filipino 'comfort women' are a national issue subject to official negotiations in a victim-centered process that will restore much of their dignity, she said.

      In a recent interview with local media MindaNews, Duterte commented on the newly erected monument honoring the "comfort women." The interview, which took place last Friday night in Davao City, was made after Duterte met with Japanese Minister of Internal Affairs and Communication Seiko Noda.

      Duterte told MindaNews that the Japanese government did not demand the removal of the statue but expressed regret.

      Duterte said he informed Noda that he "cannot stop the relatives or even the comfort women still living from their freedom to express what they are expressing through the statue."

      "That is a constitutional right which I cannot stop. It's prohibitive for me to do that," MindaNews quoted Duterte as saying.

      Moreover, Duterte told MindaNews that removing the statue is up to Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada, adding that the issue "has not been raised to national policy" and that the government was (blind and deaf) about its installation."

      Philippine Foreign Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano said last week that the Philippine government has created an inter-agency fact-finding group that will look into the controversial monument.

      010020070750000000000000011100001369055061
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产在线拍揄自揄视频网试看 | 东京热人妻无码一区二区av| 亚洲精品一区二区制服| 国产精品福利自产拍在线观看| 亚洲人成网站在线播放大全| 亚洲Va中文字幕无码毛片下载| 国产av无码专区亚洲a∨毛片| 欧美videosfree性派对| 国产亚洲人成网站在线观看l| 久久久久国色av免费观看| 人妻少妇太爽了嫩草影院| 国产成人亚洲精品2020| 亚洲色婷婷综合开心网| 免费国人成人自拍视频| 国产一区二区三区成视频| av在线免费播放网站| 亚州AV成人无码久久精品| 国产粉嫩学生高清专区麻豆| 精品一区二区三区少妇蜜臀| 欧美黑人又粗又大高潮喷水| 一个人hd在线观看免费高清视频| 一本久道久综合久久鬼色| 国产日产精品久久久久久| 国产麻豆精品久久一二三 | 综合无码综合网站| 无遮挡粉嫩小泬| 大学生久久香蕉国产线看观看| 黑人猛精品一区二区三区| 三年的高清电影免费看 | 欧美人成精品网站播放| 日本国产精品第一页久久| 97精产国品一二三产区| 一本色道久久99一综合| 老熟女熟妇嗷嗷叫91| 边坝县| 国产成人免费a在线视频| 无码专区无码专区视频网址 | 国产三级在线观看播放| 亚洲无码网站| 日本一区二区三深夜不卡| 欧美日本国产亚洲网站免费一区二区 |