"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Maldivian president declares 15-day state of emergency, former president arrested
      Source: Xinhua   2018-02-06 05:58:24

      MALE, Feb. 6 (Xinhua) -- Former Maldivian President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom was arrested by a special Maldivian Police team in the early hours of Tuesday, hours after President Abdulla Yameen declared a 15-day state of emergency, local media reported.

      Gayoom was arrested from his house, in the capital, along with his son in law who was also taken into custody. The two were arrested on charges of plotting to overthrow the government.

      In a message on twitter, Gayoom said his arrest was unlawful.

      Yameen officially announced that the Maldives was in a state of emergency for the duration of 15 days starting on Monday night.

      The announcement was read by Legal Affairs Minister Azima Shakoor on state television, flanked by Attorney General Mohamed Anil.

      Yameen on Monday evening assured all Maldivians and the international community visiting and living in the country of their safety.

      A statement from the President's Office said that Yameen had declared 15 days of state of emergency, starting Monday, and during this period, though certain rights would be restricted, general movements, services and businesses would not be affected.

      Several conditions were placed by the president which were based on the rights preserved for the head of the state under the Maldives Constitution, local media said.

      The government on Tuesday affirmed that the state of emergency declared would not affect tourists visiting the island nation.

      In a statement, the Maldivian government said that all resorts and flights would continue to operate as usual and there would be no impact on hotels, airlines or any other company operating in the Maldives tourism sector.

      "Further, this would have no impact on businesses operating in the Maldives and daily life," the government said.

      "The government reiterates the Maldives has an impeccable record on tourist safety and safe guarding business interests. This unwavering commitment will not change during this brief period of State of Emergency," the government said," it added.

      Maldives has been facing days of unrest after the Supreme Court issued a ruling last week to release top opposition political leaders including former President Mohamed Nasheed and former Vice President Ahmed Adeeb.

      The court said in a brief statement that they must be freed until fair trials could be conducted without undue influence.

      Yameen had earlier Monday written three letters to the Supreme Court explaining the challenges being faced in implementing the court order.

      The Maldives attorney general on Sunday advised all law enforcement agencies in the country not to comply with any order that is in conflict with the Maldives' Constitution following reports that the Supreme Court may order to impeach President Yameen.

      Editor: ZD
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Maldivian president declares 15-day state of emergency, former president arrested

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-06 05:58:24
      [Editor: huaxia]

      MALE, Feb. 6 (Xinhua) -- Former Maldivian President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom was arrested by a special Maldivian Police team in the early hours of Tuesday, hours after President Abdulla Yameen declared a 15-day state of emergency, local media reported.

      Gayoom was arrested from his house, in the capital, along with his son in law who was also taken into custody. The two were arrested on charges of plotting to overthrow the government.

      In a message on twitter, Gayoom said his arrest was unlawful.

      Yameen officially announced that the Maldives was in a state of emergency for the duration of 15 days starting on Monday night.

      The announcement was read by Legal Affairs Minister Azima Shakoor on state television, flanked by Attorney General Mohamed Anil.

      Yameen on Monday evening assured all Maldivians and the international community visiting and living in the country of their safety.

      A statement from the President's Office said that Yameen had declared 15 days of state of emergency, starting Monday, and during this period, though certain rights would be restricted, general movements, services and businesses would not be affected.

      Several conditions were placed by the president which were based on the rights preserved for the head of the state under the Maldives Constitution, local media said.

      The government on Tuesday affirmed that the state of emergency declared would not affect tourists visiting the island nation.

      In a statement, the Maldivian government said that all resorts and flights would continue to operate as usual and there would be no impact on hotels, airlines or any other company operating in the Maldives tourism sector.

      "Further, this would have no impact on businesses operating in the Maldives and daily life," the government said.

      "The government reiterates the Maldives has an impeccable record on tourist safety and safe guarding business interests. This unwavering commitment will not change during this brief period of State of Emergency," the government said," it added.

      Maldives has been facing days of unrest after the Supreme Court issued a ruling last week to release top opposition political leaders including former President Mohamed Nasheed and former Vice President Ahmed Adeeb.

      The court said in a brief statement that they must be freed until fair trials could be conducted without undue influence.

      Yameen had earlier Monday written three letters to the Supreme Court explaining the challenges being faced in implementing the court order.

      The Maldives attorney general on Sunday advised all law enforcement agencies in the country not to comply with any order that is in conflict with the Maldives' Constitution following reports that the Supreme Court may order to impeach President Yameen.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001369516111
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲日本无码一区二区在线观看| 玖玖在线精品免费视频| 国产亚洲精品福利在线| 国产性色αv视频免费| 无码人妻少妇久久中文字幕蜜桃| 免费国产不卡午夜福在线观看| 国产尤物精品自在拍视频首页| 一区二区三区免费观看在线视频| 久久久精品国产精品久久| 国产人成无码视频在线1000| 国产高端极品尤物av| 日韩国产精品区一区二区| 日本免费新一区视频| 亚洲一区二区精品av| 无码之国产精品网址蜜芽| 奇米影视778成人四色狠狠| 国产av夜夜欢一区二区三区| 2021国产精品久久| 高跟丝袜一区二区三区| 国产精品成人午夜久久| 日韩精品无码免费专区网站| 在线观看无码一区二区台湾| 亚洲天堂av社区久久| 新久久久高清黄色国产| 成人无码www免费视频| 亚洲精品理论电影在线观看| 日韩国产欧美成人一区二区影院| 国产盗摄老熟女视频一区二区三区 | 亚洲美女高潮不断亚洲| 日本一区二区久久精品亚洲中文无 | 在线观看国产精品91| 淫妇日韩中文字幕在线| 国产精品中文字幕自拍| 久久久久久久一线毛片| 国产亚洲一区二区三区成人| 国产一区二区在线观看我不卡| 国产精品熟女一区二区不卡| 国精产品一线二线三线av| 一区二区亚洲 av免费| 真实国产乱视频国语| 亚洲欧美一区二区三区国产精 |