"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Philippine president says ban on deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait stays
      Source: Xinhua   2018-02-09 21:35:49

      MANILA, Feb. 9 (Xinhua) -- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said on Friday that the ban on deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait will stay and even threatened to take "drastic measures" if the abuses continue.

      Duterte made the announcement during a press conference in Davao City, lamenting the death of seven overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in the Gulf state. "The ban continues today, and I don't know up to what time."

      "We do not intend to offend any government, but if a ban is what is needed, then let it be so. The ban continues today," the president said.

      Duterte appealed to the Arab nations to treat Filipino workers with dignity and respect.

      "A review of the incidence of violence committed against Filipino workers overseas, especially in Kuwait, is so repugnant, and it compels us to ask what we in the government has been doing all these years to give justice to them," Duterte said.

      "The Filipino is no slave to anyone, anywhere and everywhere," he lamented, adding that "every unlawful physical injury inflicted on an OFW is an injury I personally bear as the head of this republic."

      "Every unlawful physical injury inflicted on an OFW is an affront against us as a sovereign nation," Duterte said.

      The president said he fumed after reading news reports about the death of a Filipino woman whose body was found inside a freezer at an abandoned apartment in Kuwait. "I cannot stomach it."

      Duterte asked Kuwait "What are you doing to my countrymen? And if I were to do it to your citizens here, would you be happy? Is there something wrong with your culture? Is there something wrong with the values?"

      Nevertheless, Duterte, who met the Kuwaiti Ambassador Musaed Saleh Althwaikh on Thursday, said he was planning to visit Kuwait "to plead my case".

      Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello last month ordered the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) "to stop the processing and issuance of overseas employment certificates (OECs) to all Kuwait-bound workers pending the investigation of the cause of deaths of the Filipino workers."

      "We would like to seek justice for our OFWs, and while the investigation is undergoing, we are suspending the processing and issuance of OECs. We are doing this for utmost protection and welfare of our kababayan," Bello said.

      The victims, all women, were working as "household services workers", and were deployed in 2016.

      There are approximately 250,000 Filipinos working in Kuwait, 75 percent of them are domestic helpers, according to government records. Some 300 Filipinos continue to apply for work in Kuwait every day, the government said.

      The Philippines is one of the primary sources of domestic workers abroad, including Singapore, China's Hong Kong and the Middle East like Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

      Many of the workers reportedly suffer sexual abuse from their male employers. The abuse of many Filipino women workers are often Duterte's topic in his speeches.

      Editor: pengying
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Philippine president says ban on deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait stays

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-09 21:35:49
      [Editor: huaxia]

      MANILA, Feb. 9 (Xinhua) -- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said on Friday that the ban on deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait will stay and even threatened to take "drastic measures" if the abuses continue.

      Duterte made the announcement during a press conference in Davao City, lamenting the death of seven overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in the Gulf state. "The ban continues today, and I don't know up to what time."

      "We do not intend to offend any government, but if a ban is what is needed, then let it be so. The ban continues today," the president said.

      Duterte appealed to the Arab nations to treat Filipino workers with dignity and respect.

      "A review of the incidence of violence committed against Filipino workers overseas, especially in Kuwait, is so repugnant, and it compels us to ask what we in the government has been doing all these years to give justice to them," Duterte said.

      "The Filipino is no slave to anyone, anywhere and everywhere," he lamented, adding that "every unlawful physical injury inflicted on an OFW is an injury I personally bear as the head of this republic."

      "Every unlawful physical injury inflicted on an OFW is an affront against us as a sovereign nation," Duterte said.

      The president said he fumed after reading news reports about the death of a Filipino woman whose body was found inside a freezer at an abandoned apartment in Kuwait. "I cannot stomach it."

      Duterte asked Kuwait "What are you doing to my countrymen? And if I were to do it to your citizens here, would you be happy? Is there something wrong with your culture? Is there something wrong with the values?"

      Nevertheless, Duterte, who met the Kuwaiti Ambassador Musaed Saleh Althwaikh on Thursday, said he was planning to visit Kuwait "to plead my case".

      Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello last month ordered the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) "to stop the processing and issuance of overseas employment certificates (OECs) to all Kuwait-bound workers pending the investigation of the cause of deaths of the Filipino workers."

      "We would like to seek justice for our OFWs, and while the investigation is undergoing, we are suspending the processing and issuance of OECs. We are doing this for utmost protection and welfare of our kababayan," Bello said.

      The victims, all women, were working as "household services workers", and were deployed in 2016.

      There are approximately 250,000 Filipinos working in Kuwait, 75 percent of them are domestic helpers, according to government records. Some 300 Filipinos continue to apply for work in Kuwait every day, the government said.

      The Philippines is one of the primary sources of domestic workers abroad, including Singapore, China's Hong Kong and the Middle East like Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

      Many of the workers reportedly suffer sexual abuse from their male employers. The abuse of many Filipino women workers are often Duterte's topic in his speeches.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001369627761
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 少妇乳大丰满在线播放| 浦东新区| 中文字幕一区二区三区97| 无码国产精品一区二区免费式芒果| 一本大道久久精品 东京热| 国产精品一品二品有码| 亚洲精品一区二区三区播放| 久久精品久久精品亚洲国产av| 国产日本在线视频| 77777亚洲午夜久久多人| 亚洲成A人V欧美综合| 亚洲av中文无码乱人伦在线咪咕| 亚洲中文字幕无线乱码va| 久久精品国产亚洲av大全相关 | 最新69国产成人精品视频| 激情中文丁香激情综合| 日韩精品极品视频在线免费| 综合激情亚洲丁香社区| 亚洲av色香蕉一区二区三区精品 | 日韩人妻少妇一区二区三区| 久久国产精品免费一区二区| 国产午夜福利视频在线| 日韩欧美偷拍高跟鞋精品一区| 日本草草视频在线观看| 上蔡县| 精品久久杨幂国产杨幂| 成 人 a v免费视频在线观看| 欧美刺激性大交| 久久久亚洲日本精品一区| 精品九九视频| 亚洲天堂精品视频| 两个黑人挺进校花体内np| 泽库县| 国产自精品在线| 人人添人人妻人人爽频| 好爽~又到高潮了毛片视频| 亚洲乱码精品中文字幕| 精品少妇无码一区二区三批| 国产成人AV大片大片在线播放| 国产成人一区二区三区视频免费蜜| 台湾佬中文偷拍亚洲综合|