亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Africa  

      Egypt launches major anti-terror operation amid utmost security alert

      Source: Xinhua   2018-02-10 03:57:25

      CAIRO, Feb. 9 (Xinhua) -- The Egyptian armed forces announced on Friday launching a massive nationwide counterterrorism operation named "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018."

      The operation is not restricted to the restive northern and central parts of Sinai Peninsula near Israel and the Palestinian Gaza Strip, but also involves the Nile Delta and the Western Desert close to the country's borders with Libya.

      "Elements of our air forces targeted some hideouts as well as weapon and ammunition storehouses used by the terrorists to target the law enforcement forces and civil targets in North and Central Sinai," said military spokesman Tamer al-Refaay in a statement on Friday.

      Eyewitnesses said they saw armored vehicles and tanks deployed in North Sinai cities of Arish, Rafah and Sheikh Zuweid while blast smoke rose in the sky and communication networks were almost cut.

      "The naval forces also tighten maritime security procedures to cut down lines of supplies to the terrorist elements," he added.

      The border guards and the police have maintained maximum security alert and deployment at border areas nationwide, according to the military statement.

      Meanwhile, the Egyptian police frustrated on Friday a terror attack, killing three terrorists and arresting 14 others as part of the country's major anti-terror campaign, according to a statement from the interior ministry.

      The terrorists were members of the outlawed Hasm group affiliated with the banned Muslim Brotherhood group of former Islamist President Mohamed Morsi, who was ousted by the military in July 2013 in response to mass protests.

      The simultaneous raids included the capital Cairo and the provinces of Qalioubiya, Daqahliya, Beheira, Minufiya, Sharqiya, Assiut and Fayoum, where explosive devices and machine guns were also seized.

      Hasm militant group claimed responsibility for a number of terrorist attacks that killed several policemen since it emerged late 2016 and the group is seen by the police as the armed wing of the currently outlawed Brotherhood group.

      "Hasm is one of armed wing of the Brotherhood group assigned with carrying out operations against the country's vital premises and facilities as well as the armed forces and the police ahead of the presidential elections," said the police statement.

      Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi said on his Facebook page on Friday "I am proudly following up the heroic actions of my sons in the armed forces and the police to cleanse the lands of Egypt from terrorists, the enemies of life."

      North Sinai has been the center of Egypt's terrorist attacks that killed hundreds of policemen and soldiers following Morsi's military removal. They later extended to several other provinces including Cairo and started to target the Coptic minority via church bombings and shootings.

      Terrorists even attacked a mosque in North Sinai's Arish city last November, killing at least 310 Muslim worshippers and injuring more than 120 others, marking the deadliest terror attack and the first against a mosque in Egypt's modern history.

      Most of the terror attacks were carried out by the so-called Wilayat Sinai (Sinai state or province), a Sinai-based group affiliated with the Islamic State (IS), a regional terrorist group. No group has yet claimed responsibility for the mosque attack though.

      Following the mosque attack, Sisi ordered the army to restore security and stability in the restive northern part of the Sinai Peninsula within three months.

      Egyptian security forces have so far killed hundreds of terrorists and arrested thousands of suspects during the country's anti-terror war declared by Sisi, the army chief then, following Morsi's ouster in 2013.

      The Egyptian parliament expressed on Friday its full support of the anti-terrorist "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018," calling on the Egyptian people to back the forces in the "honorable and just operation."

      Similarly, Al-Azhar, the Cairo-based highest Islamic learning institution for Egypt and the Sunni Muslim world, voiced complete support of the massive counterterrorism operation launched on Friday.

      It hailed the forces for their sacrifices "to maintain security and safety across Egypt and to foil the plots of chaos and and disorder that attempt to sweep the nation's stability."

      The comprehensive anti-terror operation comes weeks before Egypt starts its 2018 presidential elections, where incumbent President Sisi is expected to make an easy win for a second term due to the lack of strong challengers in the race.

      Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Related News
      Home >> Africa            
      Xinhuanet

      Egypt launches major anti-terror operation amid utmost security alert

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-10 03:57:25

      CAIRO, Feb. 9 (Xinhua) -- The Egyptian armed forces announced on Friday launching a massive nationwide counterterrorism operation named "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018."

      The operation is not restricted to the restive northern and central parts of Sinai Peninsula near Israel and the Palestinian Gaza Strip, but also involves the Nile Delta and the Western Desert close to the country's borders with Libya.

      "Elements of our air forces targeted some hideouts as well as weapon and ammunition storehouses used by the terrorists to target the law enforcement forces and civil targets in North and Central Sinai," said military spokesman Tamer al-Refaay in a statement on Friday.

      Eyewitnesses said they saw armored vehicles and tanks deployed in North Sinai cities of Arish, Rafah and Sheikh Zuweid while blast smoke rose in the sky and communication networks were almost cut.

      "The naval forces also tighten maritime security procedures to cut down lines of supplies to the terrorist elements," he added.

      The border guards and the police have maintained maximum security alert and deployment at border areas nationwide, according to the military statement.

      Meanwhile, the Egyptian police frustrated on Friday a terror attack, killing three terrorists and arresting 14 others as part of the country's major anti-terror campaign, according to a statement from the interior ministry.

      The terrorists were members of the outlawed Hasm group affiliated with the banned Muslim Brotherhood group of former Islamist President Mohamed Morsi, who was ousted by the military in July 2013 in response to mass protests.

      The simultaneous raids included the capital Cairo and the provinces of Qalioubiya, Daqahliya, Beheira, Minufiya, Sharqiya, Assiut and Fayoum, where explosive devices and machine guns were also seized.

      Hasm militant group claimed responsibility for a number of terrorist attacks that killed several policemen since it emerged late 2016 and the group is seen by the police as the armed wing of the currently outlawed Brotherhood group.

      "Hasm is one of armed wing of the Brotherhood group assigned with carrying out operations against the country's vital premises and facilities as well as the armed forces and the police ahead of the presidential elections," said the police statement.

      Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi said on his Facebook page on Friday "I am proudly following up the heroic actions of my sons in the armed forces and the police to cleanse the lands of Egypt from terrorists, the enemies of life."

      North Sinai has been the center of Egypt's terrorist attacks that killed hundreds of policemen and soldiers following Morsi's military removal. They later extended to several other provinces including Cairo and started to target the Coptic minority via church bombings and shootings.

      Terrorists even attacked a mosque in North Sinai's Arish city last November, killing at least 310 Muslim worshippers and injuring more than 120 others, marking the deadliest terror attack and the first against a mosque in Egypt's modern history.

      Most of the terror attacks were carried out by the so-called Wilayat Sinai (Sinai state or province), a Sinai-based group affiliated with the Islamic State (IS), a regional terrorist group. No group has yet claimed responsibility for the mosque attack though.

      Following the mosque attack, Sisi ordered the army to restore security and stability in the restive northern part of the Sinai Peninsula within three months.

      Egyptian security forces have so far killed hundreds of terrorists and arrested thousands of suspects during the country's anti-terror war declared by Sisi, the army chief then, following Morsi's ouster in 2013.

      The Egyptian parliament expressed on Friday its full support of the anti-terrorist "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018," calling on the Egyptian people to back the forces in the "honorable and just operation."

      Similarly, Al-Azhar, the Cairo-based highest Islamic learning institution for Egypt and the Sunni Muslim world, voiced complete support of the massive counterterrorism operation launched on Friday.

      It hailed the forces for their sacrifices "to maintain security and safety across Egypt and to foil the plots of chaos and and disorder that attempt to sweep the nation's stability."

      The comprehensive anti-terror operation comes weeks before Egypt starts its 2018 presidential elections, where incumbent President Sisi is expected to make an easy win for a second term due to the lack of strong challengers in the race.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105091369630961
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 天天爽夜夜爱| 草草ccyy免费看片线路| 国产亚洲精品AA片在线播放天| 亚洲欧美天堂网| 国产一区,二区,三区免费视频| 尤物AV无码色AV无码麻豆| 亚洲国产日韩av一区二区| 色偷偷av男人的天堂京东热| 免费国产黄线在线观看视频| 中文字幕永久在线观看| 亚洲熟妇免费在线视频| 国产精品乱一区二区三区| 欧美黑人性暴力猛交高清| 国产大片91精品免费看3| 亚洲精品国产老熟女久久| 日本精品视频一区二区国产| 久久亚洲AV无码一区二区综合| 亚洲视频高清| 国产精品无码一二区不卡免费| 天堂在线观看av一区二区三区| 久久综合亚洲色社区| 蜜臀av一区二区三区精品| 成人网站免费观看永久视频下载| 日本熟女五十路一区二区| 精品一区二区三区中文字幕在线| 国产免码VA在线观看免费| 丝袜美腿亚洲综合在线观看视频| 亚洲欧美久久婷婷爱综合一区天堂| 国产男女做爰猛烈视频网站| 国产精品嫩草99av在线| 免费看国产成年无码av| 中文字幕丝袜人妻av| av黄片免费在线观看| 中国国内新视频在线不卡免费看 | 中文字幕亚洲好看有码| 在线播放国产女同闺蜜| 精品久久久久久| 精品综合久久久久久97| 日韩一区二区三区北条麻妃| 亚洲一区二区三区99区| 国产AV无码一区精品天堂|