"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Haitian envoy urges public apology from Oxfam over sex abuse scandal

      Source: Xinhua    2018-02-11 03:22:29

      LONDON, Feb. 10 (Xinhua) -- The Haitian ambassador to the United Kingdom, Bocchit Edmond, on Saturday said that the Oxfam, an international anti-poverty charity, should publicly apologize for some members of its staff using prostitutes while working in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.

      Edmond, speaking to BBC, criticized the charity for failing to inform the Haitian authorities about what happened and said it should publicly apologize.

      "It is really shocking, it is shameful, and it is unacceptable," he said. "I think Oxfam should look into itself deeply if they want to rebuild that trust they had."

      The ambassador made the remarks a day after British Prime Minister Theresa May called for a "full and urgent investigation" into the charity, which receives tens of millions of pounds in aid.

      The Haitian government is expected to summon Oxfam representative in Haiti, he said, adding that a rented villa in the island country was used for the sex trade.

      The ambassador said that he believed that the charity did cover up, but the charity denied the misconduct allegations. Oxfam said that it investigated the allegations in 2011, and fired four people and allowed three others to resign after the probe.

      British media reports said Friday that the charity offered its former Haiti country director, Roland van Hauwermeiren, a "phased and dignified exit" after he admitted using prostitutes at a villa rented for him by Oxfam with charitable funds because sacking him would have "potentially serious implications" for the charity's work and reputation.

      Media reports also said that the misconduct allegations against seven former Oxfam staff included the downloading of pornography. Oxfam's investigation into the sex abuse claims was hampered by a "determination to keep it out of the public eye".

      "The reports of what is unacceptable behavior by senior aid workers in Haiti are truly shocking," a spokeswoman for British Prime Minister Theresa May said. "We want to see Oxfam provide all the evidence they hold of the events to the Charity Commission for a full and urgent investigation of these very serious allegations."

      Meanwhile, the British Department for International Development lashed out the charity for its lack of transparency as questions swirled about the cover-up.

      "If wrongdoing, abuse, fraud or criminal activity occur, we need to know about it immediately, in full," the British agency said. "The way this appalling abuse of vulnerable people was dealt with raises serious questions that Oxfam must answer."

      At the time of the scandal, Oxfam had 230 staff in Haiti, which was recovering from the earthquake that left some 220,000 people dead, 300,000 injured and 1.5 million homeless.

      Back in 2011, Oxfam, like many other international aid bodies, was engaged in providing emergency support to Haiti which the previous year was hit by the devastating earthquake.

      The disclosure that some men in the scandal obtained jobs in other emergency zones raised alarm about the quality of recruitment processes and background checks in the aid world.

      Oxfam suggested that some of those it had disciplined had conspired to produce bogus employment references. A spokesman said, "Oxfam has not and would not provide a positive reference for any of those that were dismissed or resigned as a result of the case."

      At present, Oxfam, which receives 300 million pounds (about 414 million U.S. dollars) a year from governments and in public donations, insisted there had been no cover-up, but it was facing growing political pressure to make full disclosure of its evidence from Haiti to the Charity Commission.

      Oxfam chief executive Mark Goldring apologised on Saturday, saying he was "deeply ashamed of Oxfam's behavior".

      "Everybody -- the 25,000 staff and volunteers -- are compromised by this, the hundreds of thousands of people who support Oxfam every month are compromised by this, and to everybody I apologize," he told BBC.

      "What I'm apologizing for is that nine Oxfam staff behaved in a way that was totally unacceptable and contrary to our values, and that led much more responsible staff to make decisions which are now seen by some as being marginal or inappropriate," he said. "But I'm not apologizing for the fact that Oxfam continued its work in Haiti."

      Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the Western hemisphere, more than half its inhabitants survive on less than 1 U.S. dollar per day.

      Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Haitian envoy urges public apology from Oxfam over sex abuse scandal

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-11 03:22:29

      LONDON, Feb. 10 (Xinhua) -- The Haitian ambassador to the United Kingdom, Bocchit Edmond, on Saturday said that the Oxfam, an international anti-poverty charity, should publicly apologize for some members of its staff using prostitutes while working in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.

      Edmond, speaking to BBC, criticized the charity for failing to inform the Haitian authorities about what happened and said it should publicly apologize.

      "It is really shocking, it is shameful, and it is unacceptable," he said. "I think Oxfam should look into itself deeply if they want to rebuild that trust they had."

      The ambassador made the remarks a day after British Prime Minister Theresa May called for a "full and urgent investigation" into the charity, which receives tens of millions of pounds in aid.

      The Haitian government is expected to summon Oxfam representative in Haiti, he said, adding that a rented villa in the island country was used for the sex trade.

      The ambassador said that he believed that the charity did cover up, but the charity denied the misconduct allegations. Oxfam said that it investigated the allegations in 2011, and fired four people and allowed three others to resign after the probe.

      British media reports said Friday that the charity offered its former Haiti country director, Roland van Hauwermeiren, a "phased and dignified exit" after he admitted using prostitutes at a villa rented for him by Oxfam with charitable funds because sacking him would have "potentially serious implications" for the charity's work and reputation.

      Media reports also said that the misconduct allegations against seven former Oxfam staff included the downloading of pornography. Oxfam's investigation into the sex abuse claims was hampered by a "determination to keep it out of the public eye".

      "The reports of what is unacceptable behavior by senior aid workers in Haiti are truly shocking," a spokeswoman for British Prime Minister Theresa May said. "We want to see Oxfam provide all the evidence they hold of the events to the Charity Commission for a full and urgent investigation of these very serious allegations."

      Meanwhile, the British Department for International Development lashed out the charity for its lack of transparency as questions swirled about the cover-up.

      "If wrongdoing, abuse, fraud or criminal activity occur, we need to know about it immediately, in full," the British agency said. "The way this appalling abuse of vulnerable people was dealt with raises serious questions that Oxfam must answer."

      At the time of the scandal, Oxfam had 230 staff in Haiti, which was recovering from the earthquake that left some 220,000 people dead, 300,000 injured and 1.5 million homeless.

      Back in 2011, Oxfam, like many other international aid bodies, was engaged in providing emergency support to Haiti which the previous year was hit by the devastating earthquake.

      The disclosure that some men in the scandal obtained jobs in other emergency zones raised alarm about the quality of recruitment processes and background checks in the aid world.

      Oxfam suggested that some of those it had disciplined had conspired to produce bogus employment references. A spokesman said, "Oxfam has not and would not provide a positive reference for any of those that were dismissed or resigned as a result of the case."

      At present, Oxfam, which receives 300 million pounds (about 414 million U.S. dollars) a year from governments and in public donations, insisted there had been no cover-up, but it was facing growing political pressure to make full disclosure of its evidence from Haiti to the Charity Commission.

      Oxfam chief executive Mark Goldring apologised on Saturday, saying he was "deeply ashamed of Oxfam's behavior".

      "Everybody -- the 25,000 staff and volunteers -- are compromised by this, the hundreds of thousands of people who support Oxfam every month are compromised by this, and to everybody I apologize," he told BBC.

      "What I'm apologizing for is that nine Oxfam staff behaved in a way that was totally unacceptable and contrary to our values, and that led much more responsible staff to make decisions which are now seen by some as being marginal or inappropriate," he said. "But I'm not apologizing for the fact that Oxfam continued its work in Haiti."

      Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the Western hemisphere, more than half its inhabitants survive on less than 1 U.S. dollar per day.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105091369655981
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 额尔古纳市| 成人av天堂一区二区 | 97色伦色在线综合视频| 欧美人与物videos另类| yw193.can尤物国产在线网页| 无码av大香线蕉伊人久久| 91麻豆精品国产高清在线| 青青草免费观看高清视频| 中文字幕久久人妻熟人妻| 无码写真精品永久福利在线| 亚洲av永久无码精品水牛影视| 国产一区二区精品网站看黄| 人妻中文字幕不卡精品| 顶级嫩模精品视频在线看| 灌阳县| 免费观看久久精品日本视频| 国产成人77亚洲精品www| 国产精品自产拍在线观看中文| 高潮喷水无遮挡毛片视频| 日韩有码中文在线观看| 18禁成人黄网站免费观看| 亚洲日韩中文字幕在线播放| 四房色播开心网| 免费观看一区二区av蜜桃| 激情视频在线观看国产中文| 美女裸体无遮挡免费视频国产| 中文字幕精品乱码亚洲一区99| 神马不卡一区二区三级| 久久无码高潮喷水免费看| 毛片一级精油按摩无码| 亚洲熟少妇一区二区三区| 色狠狠色噜噜AV一区| 午夜成人亚洲理论片在线观看| 中文字幕第一页在线无码一区二区| 综合激情久久精品女人天堂| 中文人妻无码一区二区三区信息| 中文字幕有码在线视频| 欧美人与动人物姣配xxxx| 亚洲欧美日韩在线码| 日韩精品有码在线视频| 在线无码免费看黄网站|