"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Australia fails to eliminate majority of disadvantages faced by indigenous people
      Source: Xinhua   2018-02-12 11:58:12

      CANBERRA, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) -- Australia's prime minister released the latest report card on Monday assessing the nation's attempt to eliminate disadvantages faced by the indigenous population.

      The Closing the Gap report found that the government was on track to achieve three of the seven targets of the strategy, up from one in 2017.

      The report revealed that infant mortality improvements and early education enrolments joined secondary school completion as the three key areas that were tracking well.

      The other four targets - closing the 10-year gap in life expectancy between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians by 2031 and halving the gaps in employment, reading and numeracy and school attendance by 2018 - were all lagging.

      "Three of the seven targets are on track this year, giving us the most promising result since 2011," Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull told the parliament.

      "The last decade has given us a richer understanding about what works and what does not.

      "The most valuable lesson has come from applying advice to do with, not to (indigenous people)."

      Closing the Gap was implemented in 2008, shortly after the then-prime minister formally apologized the 'Stolen Generation' of indigenous people who had been taken away from their family.

      In the eight years from 2008 to 2016, 101 billion U.S. dollars was spent by the government in an attempt to achieve the seven key targets to little avail.

      Turnbull announced earlier in February that the policy would be refreshed in 2018, on Monday saying the new policy would focus more on communities than targets.

      "As part of the Closing the Gap refresh, state-by-state targets will give us more granular and specific local insight," he said.

      "Data that ends up in a spreadsheet at the Australian Bureau of Statistics here in Canberra is meaningless.

      "Too much is written about communities, not nearly enough is written for communities.

      "To give effect, data must be local and made available to communities, to local decision-makers who need to know what is happening on the ground and track changes and monitor progress. This is a big shift."

      The Opposition Australian Labor Party (ALP) announced on Monday that if it is elected to government it would introduce a national compensation scheme which would make Stolen Generation survivors in the Northern Territory (NT) eligible for up to 58,000 U.S. dollars in compensation.

      "We must remember the apology was so much more than a set of well-chosen words," ALP leader Bill Shorten told the parliament.

      "It was not just an expression of sorrow or regret - but a declaration of intent, a promise for action.

      "The continuing weight and meaning of the apology comes from what we do now, from our actions, from the change we drive, the gaps we close and the unfinished business we resolve.

      "Compensation is about resolving some of the unfinished business of the apology."

      Warren Snowdon, a member of the parliament, said that there was 150 surviving members of the Stolen Generation in the region.

      Under the scheme, those survivors would be able to access compensation within 100 days of Shorten taking office as the prime minister.

      "I know that there are people in the NT who have been enormously frustrated by the lack of action in this regard, and I am certain that there will be those that argue about the quantum, and all of those things; we welcome that discussion," Snowdon said.

      Editor: Zhou Xin
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Australia fails to eliminate majority of disadvantages faced by indigenous people

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-12 11:58:12
      [Editor: huaxia]

      CANBERRA, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) -- Australia's prime minister released the latest report card on Monday assessing the nation's attempt to eliminate disadvantages faced by the indigenous population.

      The Closing the Gap report found that the government was on track to achieve three of the seven targets of the strategy, up from one in 2017.

      The report revealed that infant mortality improvements and early education enrolments joined secondary school completion as the three key areas that were tracking well.

      The other four targets - closing the 10-year gap in life expectancy between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians by 2031 and halving the gaps in employment, reading and numeracy and school attendance by 2018 - were all lagging.

      "Three of the seven targets are on track this year, giving us the most promising result since 2011," Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull told the parliament.

      "The last decade has given us a richer understanding about what works and what does not.

      "The most valuable lesson has come from applying advice to do with, not to (indigenous people)."

      Closing the Gap was implemented in 2008, shortly after the then-prime minister formally apologized the 'Stolen Generation' of indigenous people who had been taken away from their family.

      In the eight years from 2008 to 2016, 101 billion U.S. dollars was spent by the government in an attempt to achieve the seven key targets to little avail.

      Turnbull announced earlier in February that the policy would be refreshed in 2018, on Monday saying the new policy would focus more on communities than targets.

      "As part of the Closing the Gap refresh, state-by-state targets will give us more granular and specific local insight," he said.

      "Data that ends up in a spreadsheet at the Australian Bureau of Statistics here in Canberra is meaningless.

      "Too much is written about communities, not nearly enough is written for communities.

      "To give effect, data must be local and made available to communities, to local decision-makers who need to know what is happening on the ground and track changes and monitor progress. This is a big shift."

      The Opposition Australian Labor Party (ALP) announced on Monday that if it is elected to government it would introduce a national compensation scheme which would make Stolen Generation survivors in the Northern Territory (NT) eligible for up to 58,000 U.S. dollars in compensation.

      "We must remember the apology was so much more than a set of well-chosen words," ALP leader Bill Shorten told the parliament.

      "It was not just an expression of sorrow or regret - but a declaration of intent, a promise for action.

      "The continuing weight and meaning of the apology comes from what we do now, from our actions, from the change we drive, the gaps we close and the unfinished business we resolve.

      "Compensation is about resolving some of the unfinished business of the apology."

      Warren Snowdon, a member of the parliament, said that there was 150 surviving members of the Stolen Generation in the region.

      Under the scheme, those survivors would be able to access compensation within 100 days of Shorten taking office as the prime minister.

      "I know that there are people in the NT who have been enormously frustrated by the lack of action in this regard, and I am certain that there will be those that argue about the quantum, and all of those things; we welcome that discussion," Snowdon said.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001369692921
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线观看国产精品91| 欧美黑人粗暴多交高潮水最多| 亚洲中文有码字幕日本| 精品乱码卡1卡2卡3免费开放| 日日噜噜噜噜夜夜爽亚洲精品 | 久久久精品中文无码字幕| 色老汉亚洲av影院天天精品| 精品视频在线观看二区| 国产综合精品久久亚洲| 人妻忍着娇喘被中进中出视频| 欧产日产国产精品精品| 窝窝午夜理论片影院| 日本一区二区精品在线观看| 日韩成人精品一区二区三区 | 蜜芽久久人人超碰爱香蕉| 国产香蕉一区二区在线网站| aaa女人18毛片水真多| 亚洲一区二区精品久久岳| 台湾佬中文偷拍亚洲综合| 亚洲精品国产美女久久久| 成年人国产网站| 国内精品久久久久久不卡影院| 亚洲国产日韩在线精品频道| 国产亚洲精品成人无码精品网站| 欧美颜射内射中出口爆在线| 蜜桃视频在线网站免费看| 家庭乱码伦区中文字幕在线| 亚洲女同制服中文字幕| 成人国产精品高清在线观看| 精品国内综合一区二区| 无码伊人66久久大杳蕉网站谷歌| 国产片三级视频播放| 亚洲av美女在线播放啊| 亚洲AV综合色区无码一区| 国产成人无码精品xxxx| 久久一二三四区中文字幕| 国产不卡一区在线视频| 亚洲国内成人精品网| 国产高清在线精品二区| 一级做a爱视频在线播放| 国产一级片内射在线视频|