"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Landmark Australian water deal on brink of collapse after 11 years of negotiations
      Source: Xinhua   2018-02-15 10:52:02

      CANBERRA, Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- An agreement on how to distribute water from Australia's largest river system is on the brink of falling apart after amendments were defeated at the Senate.

      The Murray-Darling Basin Plan is a controversial bi-partisan agreement on how water that flows through the system can be used.

      However, both Victoria and New South Wales (NSW) look set to walk away from the plan after proposed changes which would have reduced the amount of water returned to the environment by 70 gigaliters were defeated by the Greens and Australian Labor Party (ALP) in the Senate on Wednesday night.

      The Murray-Darling Basin drains one-seventh of the Australian continent, represents one-third of agriculture production and is home to more than two million people.

      The 2007 Water Act, put in place in the midst of one of Australia's worst-ever droughts, dedicated 7.9 billion U.S. dollars to reaching a national agreement on water use in the basin.

      The main aim of the plan, signed into law in 2012, was to remove 2,750 gigaliters of water from irrigated agriculture and return it to the river system.

      As of June 2017, more than 2,080 gigaliters had been recovered, primarily through the government purchasing water licenses and infrastructure improvements.

      However, the NSW government on Thursday said it was "untenable" that the state remain a signatory to the plan.

      "New South Wales under my stewardship will now start the process of withdrawing ourselves from the plan," NSW Water Minister Niall Blair said in a statement on Thursday.

      "We will seek legal advice and unless Canberra can come up with a way to fix this, I won't be attending anymore ministerial meetings in relation to the basin plan.

      "I am urging the federal government to fix the Senates sabotage and take every step necessary to prevent the short-sighted and politically motivated action that will destroy this historic reform."

      Blair's Victorian counterpart Lisa Neville echoed his sentiment but the South Australian government has urged its counterparts not to walk away from the plan.

      "If they walk away, what they're giving up is the down-water component which they desperately wanted. I can't see them, frankly, walking away more than a few days because their own constituency won't allow them," SA Water Minister Ian Hunter said.

      "And the Commonwealth Government should threaten Victoria and New South Wales, if they do walk away from this, that they will withhold their funding."

      South Australia was opposed to the amendments which were defeated on Wednesday night because they would have reduced water flow into the state by 1,100 gigaliters.

      Federal Assistant Water Resources Minister Anne Ruston accused the Labor SA Government of putting pressure on their ALP colleagues to block the changes.

      "I cannot see New South Wales and Victoria being prepared to come back to the table. This really was Russian roulette," Ruston said.

      "They have basically shot themselves in the foot and the rest of us in the backside in the process.

      "It would be a nightmare if you tried to take it to the (High) Court as Ian Hunter is suggesting that we should do."

      Editor: Chengcheng
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Landmark Australian water deal on brink of collapse after 11 years of negotiations

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-15 10:52:02
      [Editor: huaxia]

      CANBERRA, Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- An agreement on how to distribute water from Australia's largest river system is on the brink of falling apart after amendments were defeated at the Senate.

      The Murray-Darling Basin Plan is a controversial bi-partisan agreement on how water that flows through the system can be used.

      However, both Victoria and New South Wales (NSW) look set to walk away from the plan after proposed changes which would have reduced the amount of water returned to the environment by 70 gigaliters were defeated by the Greens and Australian Labor Party (ALP) in the Senate on Wednesday night.

      The Murray-Darling Basin drains one-seventh of the Australian continent, represents one-third of agriculture production and is home to more than two million people.

      The 2007 Water Act, put in place in the midst of one of Australia's worst-ever droughts, dedicated 7.9 billion U.S. dollars to reaching a national agreement on water use in the basin.

      The main aim of the plan, signed into law in 2012, was to remove 2,750 gigaliters of water from irrigated agriculture and return it to the river system.

      As of June 2017, more than 2,080 gigaliters had been recovered, primarily through the government purchasing water licenses and infrastructure improvements.

      However, the NSW government on Thursday said it was "untenable" that the state remain a signatory to the plan.

      "New South Wales under my stewardship will now start the process of withdrawing ourselves from the plan," NSW Water Minister Niall Blair said in a statement on Thursday.

      "We will seek legal advice and unless Canberra can come up with a way to fix this, I won't be attending anymore ministerial meetings in relation to the basin plan.

      "I am urging the federal government to fix the Senates sabotage and take every step necessary to prevent the short-sighted and politically motivated action that will destroy this historic reform."

      Blair's Victorian counterpart Lisa Neville echoed his sentiment but the South Australian government has urged its counterparts not to walk away from the plan.

      "If they walk away, what they're giving up is the down-water component which they desperately wanted. I can't see them, frankly, walking away more than a few days because their own constituency won't allow them," SA Water Minister Ian Hunter said.

      "And the Commonwealth Government should threaten Victoria and New South Wales, if they do walk away from this, that they will withhold their funding."

      South Australia was opposed to the amendments which were defeated on Wednesday night because they would have reduced water flow into the state by 1,100 gigaliters.

      Federal Assistant Water Resources Minister Anne Ruston accused the Labor SA Government of putting pressure on their ALP colleagues to block the changes.

      "I cannot see New South Wales and Victoria being prepared to come back to the table. This really was Russian roulette," Ruston said.

      "They have basically shot themselves in the foot and the rest of us in the backside in the process.

      "It would be a nightmare if you tried to take it to the (High) Court as Ian Hunter is suggesting that we should do."

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001369773221
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 神马午夜久久精品人妻| 久久久国产精品ⅤA麻豆百度| 亚洲高清国产品国语在线观看| 久久久精品2019免费观看| 桓仁| 粗大挺进尤物人妻一区二区 | 国产精品久久久久…| 国产一区国产精品自拍| 性夜影院爽黄e爽| 久久无码人妻影院| 姑娘第5集在线观看免费| 亚洲日韩国产精品不卡一区在线 | 中文字幕精品无码| 国产成人自产拍免费视频| 亚洲av在线播放观看| 亚洲欧美日韩久久一区二区 | 亚洲片在线视频| 亚洲国产中文在线二区三区免| 开心一区二区三区激情| 国产av办公室丝袜秘书| 精选二区在线观看视频| 欧美人与物videos另类| 青青草免费观看高清视频| 欧美国产日本精品一区二区三区| 国产一区二区三区亚洲精品| 国产播放91色在线观看| 岛国av网站在线播放| 蜜桃av性感妹子在线播放| 无码天堂亚洲国产av麻豆| 精品999无码在线观看| 99在线小视频| 日本中文字幕有码高清| 日本一区二区在线视频免费观看| 日韩精品人妻中文字幕有码| 东方av四虎在线观看| 无码精品国产VA在线观看DVD| 国产福利一区二区三区视频在线看| 亚洲av岛国片在线观看| 色综合久久天天综合观看| 插插无码视频大全不卡网站| 亚洲日本精品国产一区vr|