亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Charity warns malnutrition threatens 4.7 mln children in East Africa
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-02-15 17:53:24 | Editor: huaxia

      Children play at a camp for displaced people in Mogadishu, capital of Somalia, on Sept. 3, 2013. (Xinhua/Faisal Isse)

      NAIROBI, Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- An international charity has warned that 4.7 million children across East Africa risk dropping out of school this year due to malnutrition arising from displacement sparked by drought and conflict.

      David Wright, Regional Director for Save the Children in East and Southern Africa, told journalists in Nairobi on Monday that about 90,000 children drop out of school weekly in Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia and South Sudan, which translates to 12,000 children abandoning studies each day.

      "No child should miss out on their right to education, so it is especially crucial to keep schools open during drought because they offer a perfect opportunity for food, water and vaccines to enable them learn, be safe and realize their dreams," Wright told journalists in Nairobi.

      "We urgently appeal for funding to help keep children in school and take schooling to the children who have already been forced to drop out," he said during the release of the report in Nairobi.

      Wright said this year calls for increased humanitarian assistance in order to meet the persistent and diverse needs of children affected by drought for their survival, learning and protection.

      He drew attention to donors, governments and all stakeholders to address food insecurity and tackle the growing nutritional crisis and ensure children are able to survive and thrive.

      "Children should receive uninterrupted quality learning even in crisis and protected from all forms of violence and exploitation," Wright said.

      Save the Children Country Director for Kenya, Wang Le, said only three out of ten children are enrolled in school in the drought-prone areas, adding that schools close due to lack of water and the few children enrolled dropping out to migrate with their families in search of the commodity and pasture.

      Her Somalia counterpart, Timothy Bishop, stated already three million children are already out of school, with 1.2 million of them suffering from malnutrition.

      Ekin Ogutogullari, Country Director for Ethiopia said over 600 schools have closed since February 2017 because of drought, pushing close to 400,000 children out of lessons, which translates to about 50 schools shutting down a month.

      Deirdre Keogh, who oversees South Sudan operations, noted that malnutrition has soured, especially among children in Africa's youngest nation where more than 1.1 million children under five years are forecast to be malnourished in 2018, double the number from the same time last year and added that more children than ever are out of school.

      Save the Children's global report on protecting children in conflict, conducted by the Peace Research Institute, will be launched on Feb. 15 ahead of the Munich Security Conference.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Charity warns malnutrition threatens 4.7 mln children in East Africa

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-15 17:53:24

      Children play at a camp for displaced people in Mogadishu, capital of Somalia, on Sept. 3, 2013. (Xinhua/Faisal Isse)

      NAIROBI, Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- An international charity has warned that 4.7 million children across East Africa risk dropping out of school this year due to malnutrition arising from displacement sparked by drought and conflict.

      David Wright, Regional Director for Save the Children in East and Southern Africa, told journalists in Nairobi on Monday that about 90,000 children drop out of school weekly in Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia and South Sudan, which translates to 12,000 children abandoning studies each day.

      "No child should miss out on their right to education, so it is especially crucial to keep schools open during drought because they offer a perfect opportunity for food, water and vaccines to enable them learn, be safe and realize their dreams," Wright told journalists in Nairobi.

      "We urgently appeal for funding to help keep children in school and take schooling to the children who have already been forced to drop out," he said during the release of the report in Nairobi.

      Wright said this year calls for increased humanitarian assistance in order to meet the persistent and diverse needs of children affected by drought for their survival, learning and protection.

      He drew attention to donors, governments and all stakeholders to address food insecurity and tackle the growing nutritional crisis and ensure children are able to survive and thrive.

      "Children should receive uninterrupted quality learning even in crisis and protected from all forms of violence and exploitation," Wright said.

      Save the Children Country Director for Kenya, Wang Le, said only three out of ten children are enrolled in school in the drought-prone areas, adding that schools close due to lack of water and the few children enrolled dropping out to migrate with their families in search of the commodity and pasture.

      Her Somalia counterpart, Timothy Bishop, stated already three million children are already out of school, with 1.2 million of them suffering from malnutrition.

      Ekin Ogutogullari, Country Director for Ethiopia said over 600 schools have closed since February 2017 because of drought, pushing close to 400,000 children out of lessons, which translates to about 50 schools shutting down a month.

      Deirdre Keogh, who oversees South Sudan operations, noted that malnutrition has soured, especially among children in Africa's youngest nation where more than 1.1 million children under five years are forecast to be malnourished in 2018, double the number from the same time last year and added that more children than ever are out of school.

      Save the Children's global report on protecting children in conflict, conducted by the Peace Research Institute, will be launched on Feb. 15 ahead of the Munich Security Conference.

      010020070750000000000000011103261369778361
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 色狠狠色噜噜AV一区| 亚洲日韩精品欧美一区二区| 四虎永久在线精品国产免费| 无码a级毛片免费视频内谢| 欧美成人高清手机在线视频| 许昌市| 91精品国产91久久综合蜜臀| 五月天无码| 欧美精品一区二区三区中文字幕| 天干天干天啪啪夜爽爽av| 蜜桃av噜噜一区二区三区香| 亚洲免费观看一区二区三区| 久久久久无码精品国| 日本一区二区三区看片| 国产精品片AV片在线观看| 人妻在线无码一区二区三区| 国产伦久视频免费观看视频| 日韩中文字幕一二三区| 人妻少妇精品系列一区二区 | 亚洲AV无码成人精品区天堂| 女同性恋精品一区二区三区| 南平市| 亚洲AV永久无码精品一区二国| 亚洲精品拍拍央视网出文| 麻豆av一区二区三区| 欧美成人综合视频| 亚洲AV无码乱码精品国产草莓| 国产在线网址| 中文字幕亚洲资源网久久| 欧美性猛片aaaaaaa做受| 五十路熟妇亲子交尾 | 粉嫩小少妇bwbwbw| 无码中文字幕久久久久久| 国产精品一区二区韩国AV| 噼里啪啦国语版在线观看| 国产在线视频欧美亚综合| 国产精品亚洲综合天堂夜夜| 亚洲av日韩aⅴ无码电影| japanese边做边乳喷| 欧洲多毛裸体xxxxx| av天堂在线视频播放|