"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      News Analysis: Turkey may have to review military strategy in Afrin due to slower progress: analysts

      Source: Xinhua    2018-02-16 21:44:25

      ISTANBUL, Feb. 16 (Xinhua) -- Turkey may have to review its plans in Syria as its military operation against Kurdish militia in Afrin has been progressing more slowly than expected, analysts said.

      The military and political situation should be reexamined given the current picture in the operation, said Haldun Solmazturk, a former general in the Turkish military.

      "The operation looks to be bogged down, a new course of action needs to be pondered," he opined.

      On Jan. 20, Turkish troops launched "Operation Olive Branch" in Syria's Afrin, in a bid to drive out the Kurdish militia, known as the People's Protection Units (YPG) , which is regarded by Ankara as the Syrian offshoot of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).

      The next day, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said the operation would be carried out in a swift way, while President Recep Tayyip Erdogan voiced hope that it would be completed "in a very short time."

      The advance into Afrin so far has not been as fast as expected despite the seizure of a number of places, including some critical terrains, from the Kurdish militants.

      A very small town, over 40 villages as well as 17 strategic hills have been captured till now in the battle, according to Turkish media reports.

      Top Turkish officials have repeatedly said Ankara would move next to drive the Kurdish militia out of Syria's Manbij, where U.S. troops are based, and send troops to Idlib now under control of jihadist groups.

      Now bogged down in Afrin, it is difficult for the Turkish army to launch another operation for the moment, said Solmazturk, who chairs the Incek debates at the Ankara-based 21st Century Turkey Institute.

      The hilly and muddy terrain is one factor which appears to have slowed down the advance of the Turkish troops.

      "It is strange the advance has been slow," said Hasan Koni, a professor of public international law at Istanbul Kultur University.

      He noted that the troops have jets and tanks to support the ground offensive.

      "The terrain may be hilly, but the progress of the operation against a terrorist group is rather limited," Koni said.

      The YPG is estimated to have some 8,000 to 10,000 fighters in Afrin. But the Turkish troops, backed by an estimated 22,000-strong Free Syrian Army (FSA), a Syrian rebel group, have been attacking the YPG from three sides.

      Turkey may need to reevaluate its targets in Syria if the operation drags on, said Koni.

      Ankara is widely believed to be seeking to forge a Sunni-dominated area in northern Syria by supporting the FSA and some moderate rebel groups in Idlib.

      Public reactions against the operation may also mount as the list of casualties grows longer and the economy is negatively affected, cautioned Koni.

      Thirty-two Turkish soldiers and 43 FSA militants have so far been killed in the fighting, while at least 1,551 Kurdish militants have been "neutralized," according to official data.

      Turkish press reports said that it may take about one month for the Turkish army to reach the outskirts of Afrin where the YPG has its headquarters based. The town is estimated to have a population of 400,000 to 500,000.

      The operation may last until the end of spring or mid-summer, according to analysts.

      Koni feels that some setbacks suffered by the Turkish military in recent years may have negatively affected its capacity to fight.

      Hundreds of military officers were removed or jailed between 2008 and 2015 based on charges of plotting to topple the government and espionage.

      Then in the wake of a coup attempt in July 2016 by some in the military, around 8,500 members of the armed forces were dismissed over alleged links to a group blamed for masterminding the putsch. As a result, the military has lost around 40 percent of its generals and many of its pilots.

      Solmazturk does not expect the operation to gain momentum in a significant way in the days ahead.

      As the battle drags on, not only difficulties and casualties on the ground, but also international pressure should be expected to increase, he said.

      Meanwhile, the YPG, which is armed and trained by the U.S., keeps getting reinforcements and weapons from other areas under its control thanks to cooperation by the Syrian army, press reports said.

      Editor: Jiaxin
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      News Analysis: Turkey may have to review military strategy in Afrin due to slower progress: analysts

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-16 21:44:25

      ISTANBUL, Feb. 16 (Xinhua) -- Turkey may have to review its plans in Syria as its military operation against Kurdish militia in Afrin has been progressing more slowly than expected, analysts said.

      The military and political situation should be reexamined given the current picture in the operation, said Haldun Solmazturk, a former general in the Turkish military.

      "The operation looks to be bogged down, a new course of action needs to be pondered," he opined.

      On Jan. 20, Turkish troops launched "Operation Olive Branch" in Syria's Afrin, in a bid to drive out the Kurdish militia, known as the People's Protection Units (YPG) , which is regarded by Ankara as the Syrian offshoot of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).

      The next day, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said the operation would be carried out in a swift way, while President Recep Tayyip Erdogan voiced hope that it would be completed "in a very short time."

      The advance into Afrin so far has not been as fast as expected despite the seizure of a number of places, including some critical terrains, from the Kurdish militants.

      A very small town, over 40 villages as well as 17 strategic hills have been captured till now in the battle, according to Turkish media reports.

      Top Turkish officials have repeatedly said Ankara would move next to drive the Kurdish militia out of Syria's Manbij, where U.S. troops are based, and send troops to Idlib now under control of jihadist groups.

      Now bogged down in Afrin, it is difficult for the Turkish army to launch another operation for the moment, said Solmazturk, who chairs the Incek debates at the Ankara-based 21st Century Turkey Institute.

      The hilly and muddy terrain is one factor which appears to have slowed down the advance of the Turkish troops.

      "It is strange the advance has been slow," said Hasan Koni, a professor of public international law at Istanbul Kultur University.

      He noted that the troops have jets and tanks to support the ground offensive.

      "The terrain may be hilly, but the progress of the operation against a terrorist group is rather limited," Koni said.

      The YPG is estimated to have some 8,000 to 10,000 fighters in Afrin. But the Turkish troops, backed by an estimated 22,000-strong Free Syrian Army (FSA), a Syrian rebel group, have been attacking the YPG from three sides.

      Turkey may need to reevaluate its targets in Syria if the operation drags on, said Koni.

      Ankara is widely believed to be seeking to forge a Sunni-dominated area in northern Syria by supporting the FSA and some moderate rebel groups in Idlib.

      Public reactions against the operation may also mount as the list of casualties grows longer and the economy is negatively affected, cautioned Koni.

      Thirty-two Turkish soldiers and 43 FSA militants have so far been killed in the fighting, while at least 1,551 Kurdish militants have been "neutralized," according to official data.

      Turkish press reports said that it may take about one month for the Turkish army to reach the outskirts of Afrin where the YPG has its headquarters based. The town is estimated to have a population of 400,000 to 500,000.

      The operation may last until the end of spring or mid-summer, according to analysts.

      Koni feels that some setbacks suffered by the Turkish military in recent years may have negatively affected its capacity to fight.

      Hundreds of military officers were removed or jailed between 2008 and 2015 based on charges of plotting to topple the government and espionage.

      Then in the wake of a coup attempt in July 2016 by some in the military, around 8,500 members of the armed forces were dismissed over alleged links to a group blamed for masterminding the putsch. As a result, the military has lost around 40 percent of its generals and many of its pilots.

      Solmazturk does not expect the operation to gain momentum in a significant way in the days ahead.

      As the battle drags on, not only difficulties and casualties on the ground, but also international pressure should be expected to increase, he said.

      Meanwhile, the YPG, which is armed and trained by the U.S., keeps getting reinforcements and weapons from other areas under its control thanks to cooperation by the Syrian army, press reports said.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001369801451
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品久久精品久久精品久久| 成人无码无遮挡很H在线播放| 中文字幕精品在线一区二区三区| 91美女片黄在线观看| 人妻少妇久久中文字幕456| 国产大屁股喷水视频在线观看| 国内精品久久久久久久小说| 无码av免费精品一区二区三区| 亚洲区一区二区中文字幕| 高台县| 国产又色又爽又刺激视频| 亚洲高清无在码在线电影| 综合色综合色综合色综合| 中文字幕少妇人妻视频| 祁门县| 精品无码一区二区三区小说| 永久福利盒子日韩日韩免费看| 少妇一级无码av专区| 日本高清一区二区不卡视频| 日韩人妻中文字幕一区二区| 亚洲va精品va国产va| 国产v精品成人免费视频71pao| 波多野结衣久久高清免费| 国产av色| 国产一区二区亚洲av| 99热最新网址| 1000部拍拍拍18勿入免费视频| 国产一区亚洲欧美成人| 亚洲色图在线视频免费观看| 99精品全国免费观看视频| 欧洲精品色在线观看| 亚洲国产成人aⅴ毛片大全| 免费99精品国产人妻自在现线| 国产伦精品一区二区三区视频三级| 国产粉嫩嫩00在线正在播放| 国产自产c区| 精品国产迷系列在线观看| 产国语一级特黄aa大片| 枣阳市| jiZZ国产在线女人水多| 人妻系列无码专区免费|