"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Congress team asks Washington to mend fences with Cuba, withdraw travel advisory

      Source: Xinhua    2018-02-22 12:17:59

      HAVANA, Feb. 21 (Xinhua) -- A U.S. Congressional delegation on Wednesday urged President Donald Trump's administration to improve relations with Cuba amid tensions stemming from alleged "acoustic attacks" against U.S. diplomatic personnel in Cuba.

      At a press conference after a three-day trip to Cuba where they met President Raul Castro and other government officials, the delegation, led by Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy, talked of the need to return to an era of engagement and cooperation.

      "It's important for the Trump administration to stop falling back on Cold War policy that didn't make sense decades ago and makes less sense now," Senator Ron Wyden told reporters.

      The delegation began their visit Monday by meeting with Cuban Foreign Ministry officials to talk about the alleged attacks suffered by U.S. diplomats in the Caribbean nation.

      Over 20 U.S. diplomats suffered health problems between November 2016 and August 2017, which Washington called "acoustic attacks".

      The incidents led to the partial closure of the U.S. embassy in Havana and a halt in issuing U.S. visas from there.

      "We need to get back our embassy fully staffed ... There is no way we are going to have improved relations if we don't have the personnel here to do it," Leahy said.

      The delegation said it was a mistake for the Trump administration to make political decisions based on an inconclusive investigation.

      "I have no idea what happened to our diplomats here, U.S. agencies that are investigating this matter also don't seem to have a clue and we may never know. It was a mistake to cut back on our diplomatic personnel in Cuba," Representative Jim McGovern said.

      The U.S. State Department issued a travel warning last year, telling Americans not to visit Cuba as some of the alleged attacks ostensibly occurred in hotels.

      "It was a mistake to put out a travel advisory on Cuba warning Americans about their safety if they travel here. We feel safe in Cuba and I urge the Secretary of State to cancel this advisory," McGovern added.

      The delegation's visit has been described as a "fact-finding trip" about the changes in Washington's policy toward Cuba.

      "For too long our policy towards Cuba has been guided by paranoia and suspicion... it has resulted in a policy that I would characterize as stupid. We need to learn from our history, 50 years of hostility and estrangement was bad for the U.S. and Cuba," McGovern said.

      Last year, Trump backpedaled on thawing ties with Havana by limiting trade with and travels to the Caribbean nation.

      U.S. companies are forbidden from engaging in any type of commercial activities with over 180 Cuban companies associated with the Cuban armed forces. U.S. citizens are restricted from making individual trips to the island.

      "Normal relations between the U.S. and Cuba are critically important, we need to move past any policies that have existed in the past, particularly those that have existed for 50 years and didn't bring about the change that any of us would like to see," Senator Gary Peters said.

      Just before Trump assumed office, both nations signed over 20 cooperation agreements and bilateral meetings frequently took place.

      However, the situation has changed dramatically since then and only a few exchanges on law enforcement, human and drug trafficking and security have taken place.

      Editor: Jiaxin
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Congress team asks Washington to mend fences with Cuba, withdraw travel advisory

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-22 12:17:59

      HAVANA, Feb. 21 (Xinhua) -- A U.S. Congressional delegation on Wednesday urged President Donald Trump's administration to improve relations with Cuba amid tensions stemming from alleged "acoustic attacks" against U.S. diplomatic personnel in Cuba.

      At a press conference after a three-day trip to Cuba where they met President Raul Castro and other government officials, the delegation, led by Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy, talked of the need to return to an era of engagement and cooperation.

      "It's important for the Trump administration to stop falling back on Cold War policy that didn't make sense decades ago and makes less sense now," Senator Ron Wyden told reporters.

      The delegation began their visit Monday by meeting with Cuban Foreign Ministry officials to talk about the alleged attacks suffered by U.S. diplomats in the Caribbean nation.

      Over 20 U.S. diplomats suffered health problems between November 2016 and August 2017, which Washington called "acoustic attacks".

      The incidents led to the partial closure of the U.S. embassy in Havana and a halt in issuing U.S. visas from there.

      "We need to get back our embassy fully staffed ... There is no way we are going to have improved relations if we don't have the personnel here to do it," Leahy said.

      The delegation said it was a mistake for the Trump administration to make political decisions based on an inconclusive investigation.

      "I have no idea what happened to our diplomats here, U.S. agencies that are investigating this matter also don't seem to have a clue and we may never know. It was a mistake to cut back on our diplomatic personnel in Cuba," Representative Jim McGovern said.

      The U.S. State Department issued a travel warning last year, telling Americans not to visit Cuba as some of the alleged attacks ostensibly occurred in hotels.

      "It was a mistake to put out a travel advisory on Cuba warning Americans about their safety if they travel here. We feel safe in Cuba and I urge the Secretary of State to cancel this advisory," McGovern added.

      The delegation's visit has been described as a "fact-finding trip" about the changes in Washington's policy toward Cuba.

      "For too long our policy towards Cuba has been guided by paranoia and suspicion... it has resulted in a policy that I would characterize as stupid. We need to learn from our history, 50 years of hostility and estrangement was bad for the U.S. and Cuba," McGovern said.

      Last year, Trump backpedaled on thawing ties with Havana by limiting trade with and travels to the Caribbean nation.

      U.S. companies are forbidden from engaging in any type of commercial activities with over 180 Cuban companies associated with the Cuban armed forces. U.S. citizens are restricted from making individual trips to the island.

      "Normal relations between the U.S. and Cuba are critically important, we need to move past any policies that have existed in the past, particularly those that have existed for 50 years and didn't bring about the change that any of us would like to see," Senator Gary Peters said.

      Just before Trump assumed office, both nations signed over 20 cooperation agreements and bilateral meetings frequently took place.

      However, the situation has changed dramatically since then and only a few exchanges on law enforcement, human and drug trafficking and security have taken place.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001369909201
      主站蜘蛛池模板: a级日本理论片免费观看| 国产成人亚洲精品无码h在线| 国产一区二区精品久久岳 | 长沙市| 国产V日韩V亚洲欧美久久| 日韩人妻无码精品免费shipin | 无码啪啪熟妇人妻区| WWW丫丫国产成人精品| 亚洲悠悠色综合中文字幕| 无码AV无码免费一区二区| 亚洲国产成人精品毛片九色| 一区欧美在线动漫| av大片在线无码永久免费网址| 国产熟女一区二区三区五月婷| 2017天天爽夜夜爽精品视频| 国产美女丝袜高潮白浆| av手机在线天堂网| 亚洲第一中文字幕| 50岁退休熟女露脸高潮| 国产做床爱无遮挡免费视频| 国产精品白浆一区二区免费看 | 日本精品久久久久中文字幕1| 亚洲一区二区三区成人网站| 亚洲另类无码一区二区三区| 中文字幕日本女优在线观看| 国产精品亚洲片夜色在线| 国产在线精彩自拍视频| 日本乱偷互换人妻中文字幕| av网站可以直接看的| 亚洲人成人99网站| 国产av综合第一页| 亚洲乱亚洲乱妇中文影视 | 亚洲熟女乱色一区二区三区| 一区二区三区在线观看日本视频| 亚洲国产精品成人久久av| 99riav精品国产| 精品一区二区三区不卡| 国产精品一区二区三区不卡| av无码天一区二区一三区| 亚洲一级色| 久久永久免费人妻精品我不卡|