亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Africa  

      Zimbabwe police probes death of 2 following clashes in central Harare

      Source: Xinhua   2018-02-24 00:31:56

      HARARE, Feb. 23 (Xinhua) -- Police chief Godwin Matanga on Friday said that the number of people who died following the violence that erupted in central Harare on Thursday night was two, instead of one as previously reported.

      Matanga told a press conference that four other civilians were seriously injured and property worth thousands of U.S. dollars was damaged.

      He said investigations were underway to establish the cause of the violence which also left three police officers injured.

      Describing the incident as unfortunate and regrettable, Matanga said culprits would be dealt with decisively.

      "Let me categorically state that the Zimbabwe Republic Police is seized with this matter and I have since directed a team of expert investigators to extensively establish the cause - what transpired, who was responsible - and action will be taken.

      "These investigations will leave no stone unturned. Perpetrators will be brought to book and there are no sacred cows," he said. "Violence in whatever form is not tolerated."

      Matanga said a team of police officers was approached by an angry mob who threw stones at them demanding to know why they had earlier on dispersed them.

      The clashes apparently started after the police tried to stop a commuter omnibus driver from dropping off passengers at an undesignated point following a ban of commuter omnibuses from entering the city center.

      The driver is said to have resisted the police action, leading to an altercation and intervention by restive members of the public who sided with the driver.

      The police managed to disperse the crowd by firing teargas, but it regrouped and stormed the police station.

      "The crowd advanced aggressively toward the police, throwing stones, and then police officers fired warning shots, but the mob was not deterred," Matanga said. "It was at this stage that the police officers fired shots that unfortunately killed two people and injured four others."

      "The bodies of the deceased are at Parirenyatwa Hospital mortuary. We are appealing to information that may lead to their identification since they did not carry any identification particulars."

      The fracas followed Harare City Council's ban on commuter omnibuses from the inner city starting Thursday, resulting in commuters walking long distances to and from the drop-off and pick-up points because they could not afford the shuttle fares to complete their trips.

      Many commuters were not happy with the council move, but city mayor Bernard Manyenyeni laid the blame on the government which he suggested had initiated the ban.

      "We are concerned and urge the ministry (of local government) to suspend the operation until revised or modified to remove the problems encountered so far," he said in a statement.

      The government also on Thursday reversed the ban, with Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing July Moyo saying that the action was not in the interest of Harare residents.

      However, the reversal was not immediately relayed to the police and other security agencies who continued to enforce the ban in support of the council, Matanga said.

      Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Related News
      Home >> Africa            
      Xinhuanet

      Zimbabwe police probes death of 2 following clashes in central Harare

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-24 00:31:56

      HARARE, Feb. 23 (Xinhua) -- Police chief Godwin Matanga on Friday said that the number of people who died following the violence that erupted in central Harare on Thursday night was two, instead of one as previously reported.

      Matanga told a press conference that four other civilians were seriously injured and property worth thousands of U.S. dollars was damaged.

      He said investigations were underway to establish the cause of the violence which also left three police officers injured.

      Describing the incident as unfortunate and regrettable, Matanga said culprits would be dealt with decisively.

      "Let me categorically state that the Zimbabwe Republic Police is seized with this matter and I have since directed a team of expert investigators to extensively establish the cause - what transpired, who was responsible - and action will be taken.

      "These investigations will leave no stone unturned. Perpetrators will be brought to book and there are no sacred cows," he said. "Violence in whatever form is not tolerated."

      Matanga said a team of police officers was approached by an angry mob who threw stones at them demanding to know why they had earlier on dispersed them.

      The clashes apparently started after the police tried to stop a commuter omnibus driver from dropping off passengers at an undesignated point following a ban of commuter omnibuses from entering the city center.

      The driver is said to have resisted the police action, leading to an altercation and intervention by restive members of the public who sided with the driver.

      The police managed to disperse the crowd by firing teargas, but it regrouped and stormed the police station.

      "The crowd advanced aggressively toward the police, throwing stones, and then police officers fired warning shots, but the mob was not deterred," Matanga said. "It was at this stage that the police officers fired shots that unfortunately killed two people and injured four others."

      "The bodies of the deceased are at Parirenyatwa Hospital mortuary. We are appealing to information that may lead to their identification since they did not carry any identification particulars."

      The fracas followed Harare City Council's ban on commuter omnibuses from the inner city starting Thursday, resulting in commuters walking long distances to and from the drop-off and pick-up points because they could not afford the shuttle fares to complete their trips.

      Many commuters were not happy with the council move, but city mayor Bernard Manyenyeni laid the blame on the government which he suggested had initiated the ban.

      "We are concerned and urge the ministry (of local government) to suspend the operation until revised or modified to remove the problems encountered so far," he said in a statement.

      The government also on Thursday reversed the ban, with Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing July Moyo saying that the action was not in the interest of Harare residents.

      However, the reversal was not immediately relayed to the police and other security agencies who continued to enforce the ban in support of the council, Matanga said.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105091369950901
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人片99久久精品国产桃花岛| 国产精品成人永久在线| 久久国产高潮流白浆免费观看| 国产精品毛片一区二区熟女| 亚洲中文欧美日韩在线| 欧洲美熟女乱又伦免费视频| 国产成人在线小视频| 亚洲精品视频免费在线| 婷婷色亚洲五月在线国产精品麻豆| 久久婷婷国产精品香蕉| 免费无码又爽又刺激高潮的视频免费| 欧美日韩亚洲一级在线一区| 日韩av中出在线免费播放网站| 人妻中文字幕av有码在线| 欧美牲交videossexeso欧美| 69天堂人成无码免费视频 | 国产精品高清视亚洲乱码有限公司| 国产偷人激情视频在线观看| 欧美伊香蕉久久综合网99| 美女极度色诱视频国产免费| 精选av一区二区三区| 欧美综合自拍亚洲综合百度| 国产一区二区三区在线免费观看| 91精品啪在线看国产网站| 日本一区二区在线视频免费观看| 日韩不卡av高清中文字幕| 四虎亚洲精品无码| 国产精品欧美视频另类专区| 亚洲黄色一级高潮大片| 国产精品美女久久久浪潮av| 国产一区二区三区在线免费观看| 亚洲福利av一区二区| 精品国产一区二区三区亚洲人| 欧美XXXX做受欧美| 怡红院一区二区三区在线| 中文字幕日韩人妻在线| 国产高潮精品一区二区三区av | 亚洲夫妻性生活视频网站| 囯产精品无码一区二区三区| 欧美成人精品高清在线观看| 国产一区二区欧美丝袜|