"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Greek, Turkish Cypriots not yet ready to resume peace negotiations: UN official

      Source: Xinhua    2018-02-28 03:36:14

      NICOSIA, Feb. 27 (Xinhua) -- The Greek and Turkish Cypriot communities of Cyprus are not yet ready to resume peace negotiations stalled months ago, a United Nations official clearly implied on Tuesday.

      "The United Nations remains available...Once the UN Secretary General hears that both sides are ready with the common approach to move forward, then the UN will be ready to move," the UN General Secretary's special representative in Cyprus Elizabeth Spehar said.

      "For the time being we have preliminary discussions," Spehar added.

      The Canadian born diplomat who heads the UN mission and peace force in Cyprus was speaking after meeting Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci in the Turkish occupied part of the capital Nicosia.

      Sources said Spehar conveyed to Akinci a proposal made by Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades last week to resume the negotiations on the internal aspects of the Cyprus problem from the point they were left off last July.

      These relate to governance, power sharing, territorial adjustments and reinstating properties left behind by both Greek and Turkish Cypriots when Turkey sent its troops to occupy part of Cyprus in 1974, in reaction to a Greek junta inspired coup.

      But Turkish Cypriot officials, in an apparent change of policies after Turkey blocked natural gas exploration by Italian ENI, said they would return to the negotiations after Greek Cypriots accept Turkish Cypriots as a talking partner over natural gas exploration licensing and resources sharing ahead of any other agreement.

      Anastasiades has said it has already been agreed upon years ago that the energy issues will be managed by the central federal government and not the communities and that the proceeds will be shared in an equitable way.

      Spehar said that UN Undersecretary General Jean-Pierre Lacroix will be visiting Cyprus later this week to familiarize himself and talk to the Cypriot community leaders on the resumption of the negotiations.

      Stefanos Stefanou, spokesman for the main opposition left wing AKEL party told Xinhua in an interview recently that the first step towards resuming negotiations is to avoid stirring up tension.

      He said the impasse caused by recent Turkish intervention in the Cypriot exclusive economic zone can only be broken by the resumption of the negotiations, but at the same time the resumption of the negotiations is being blocked by the crisis caused by Turkey.

      "Our main preoccupation now must be to prevent an escalation of tensions and bring back normality," said Stefanou who heads AKEL's Press Office.

      He said it was very important to restart negotiations from the point they were left more than seven months ago so as to take advantage of important points adopted by the United Nations, such as the termination of intervention rights by the guarantor powers -Greece, Turkey and the United Kingdom and agreements on managing of energy resources.

      He said the despite the looming crisis, it is still possible to overcome obstacles and resume a productive dialogue, provided that both communities avoid actions which would increase tension.

      "We believe that a solution is still possible on the parameters adopted by the United Nations and the agreed basis for a solution, that is a bi-zonal, bi-communal country by evolving the Cyprus Republic into a federal state," said Stefanou.

      Editor: Chengcheng
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Greek, Turkish Cypriots not yet ready to resume peace negotiations: UN official

      Source: Xinhua 2018-02-28 03:36:14

      NICOSIA, Feb. 27 (Xinhua) -- The Greek and Turkish Cypriot communities of Cyprus are not yet ready to resume peace negotiations stalled months ago, a United Nations official clearly implied on Tuesday.

      "The United Nations remains available...Once the UN Secretary General hears that both sides are ready with the common approach to move forward, then the UN will be ready to move," the UN General Secretary's special representative in Cyprus Elizabeth Spehar said.

      "For the time being we have preliminary discussions," Spehar added.

      The Canadian born diplomat who heads the UN mission and peace force in Cyprus was speaking after meeting Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci in the Turkish occupied part of the capital Nicosia.

      Sources said Spehar conveyed to Akinci a proposal made by Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades last week to resume the negotiations on the internal aspects of the Cyprus problem from the point they were left off last July.

      These relate to governance, power sharing, territorial adjustments and reinstating properties left behind by both Greek and Turkish Cypriots when Turkey sent its troops to occupy part of Cyprus in 1974, in reaction to a Greek junta inspired coup.

      But Turkish Cypriot officials, in an apparent change of policies after Turkey blocked natural gas exploration by Italian ENI, said they would return to the negotiations after Greek Cypriots accept Turkish Cypriots as a talking partner over natural gas exploration licensing and resources sharing ahead of any other agreement.

      Anastasiades has said it has already been agreed upon years ago that the energy issues will be managed by the central federal government and not the communities and that the proceeds will be shared in an equitable way.

      Spehar said that UN Undersecretary General Jean-Pierre Lacroix will be visiting Cyprus later this week to familiarize himself and talk to the Cypriot community leaders on the resumption of the negotiations.

      Stefanos Stefanou, spokesman for the main opposition left wing AKEL party told Xinhua in an interview recently that the first step towards resuming negotiations is to avoid stirring up tension.

      He said the impasse caused by recent Turkish intervention in the Cypriot exclusive economic zone can only be broken by the resumption of the negotiations, but at the same time the resumption of the negotiations is being blocked by the crisis caused by Turkey.

      "Our main preoccupation now must be to prevent an escalation of tensions and bring back normality," said Stefanou who heads AKEL's Press Office.

      He said it was very important to restart negotiations from the point they were left more than seven months ago so as to take advantage of important points adopted by the United Nations, such as the termination of intervention rights by the guarantor powers -Greece, Turkey and the United Kingdom and agreements on managing of energy resources.

      He said the despite the looming crisis, it is still possible to overcome obstacles and resume a productive dialogue, provided that both communities avoid actions which would increase tension.

      "We believe that a solution is still possible on the parameters adopted by the United Nations and the agreed basis for a solution, that is a bi-zonal, bi-communal country by evolving the Cyprus Republic into a federal state," said Stefanou.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001370042081
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产av一区二区三区东北熟女| 亚洲欧美日韩国产综合一区二区| 日本丰满熟妇bbxbbxhd| 成人无码在线视频网站| 国产又黄又爽胸又大免费视频| 日本久久精品免费播放| 精品一区二区三区四区少妇 | 日本啪啪一区二区三区| 澳门| 国产乱人伦偷精品视频免| 中国性xxx欧美性黑人xxx| 亚洲精品综合在线影院| 蜜臀av色欲a片无码精品一区| 一区二区三区蜜桃在线视频| AV教师一区高清| 97久久久人妻精品区一| 国产精品大白天新婚身材| 国产天堂av手机在线| 国产成人自拍小视频在线| 欧美伊人亚洲伊人色综| 国产精品性一区二区三区| 日本一级淫片免费啪啪| 亚洲国产一区二区三区在线视频| 免费无码黄网站在线观看| 人人妻人人澡人人爽超污| 日本高清视频一区二区在线播放| 乌拉特后旗| 亚洲 国产 韩国 欧美 在线 | 北岛玲精品一区二区三区| 亚洲综合网一区二区三区| 无遮无挡爽爽免费毛片| 熟妇好大好深好满好爽| 亚洲无码视频一区:| 国产毛片三区二区一区| 十八禁无码精品a∨在线观看| 免费精品国自产拍在线不卡| 看全色黄大色大片免看的| 99久久人妻无码精品系列蜜桃| 精品国产成人国产在线观看| 午夜无码熟熟妇丰满人妻| www.亚洲天堂.com|