亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Spotlight: Trump's ex-aide Manafort pleads not guilty in Russia probe, faces trial
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-03-01 07:34:25 | Editor: huaxia

      Former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort departs from U.S. District Court in Washington, U.S., February 28, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Feb. 28 (Xinhua) -- Paul Manafort, former campaign chairman of U.S. President Donald Trump, pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to new charges levied against him in the probe into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election and will face trial in September.

      Manafort's formal plea of not guilty came during a brief hearing in a Washington federal court regarding a second indictment accusing him of acting as an unregistered foreign agent and directing an international money-laundering conspiracy stemming from his political work in Ukraine.

      It's Manafort's first court appearance since his longtime business associate Rick Gates, also a former Trump campaign aide, pleaded guilty and cut a deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the Russia probe.

      In court, Judge Amy Berman Jackson reprimanded Manafort for making a public statement about Gates' plea last week, saying the statement violated a gag order she put in place early in the case.

      Jackson set the trial to start on Sept. 17 in Washington D.C. It is expected to stretch for several weeks and even through the U.S. midterm elections in early November.

      The new charges filed Friday in Mueller's Russia probe said Manafort, with the help of Gates, used offshore accounts to wire more than 2 million euros (about 2.5 million U.S. dollars) to unnamed former senior European politicians in 2012 and 2013 on behalf of the then pro-Russia government of Ukraine.

      File photo taken on July 21, 2016 shows U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump gives a thumbs up as his campaign manager Paul Manafort (C) and daughter Ivanka (R) look on during Trump's walk through at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, the United States. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      The superseding indictment came hours after Gates pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy against the United States and making false statements to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and pledged to cooperate with Mueller in the ongoing Russia probe.

      In a statement prior to Friday's indictment, Manafort said he continued to maintain his "innocence" and that Gates' plea would not alter his commitment to defending himself against "the untrue piled up charges."

      Manafort and Gates were originally indicted in October on charges of conspiracy and fraud stemming from their lucrative lobbying work in Ukraine, a case that arose out of Mueller's investigation into Russia's role in the election and possible collusion with the Trump campaign.

      So far, none of the charges against them made reference to alleged Russia meddling nor accusations of collusion between Moscow and Trump' campaign.

      Manafort alone was indicted in October on 12 counts related to unlawful financial dealings. The authorities at the time said Manafort laundered more than 18 million dollars.

      Trump has vigorously denied allegations of collusion between his campaign and Moscow during the election. The Russian government has also repeatedly dismissed the accusations of interference.

      So far, Mueller has charged nearly 20 people as part of his inquiry. Former Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn and former campaign foreign policy aide George Papadopoulos have each pleaded guilty to one count of lying.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Spotlight: Trump's ex-aide Manafort pleads not guilty in Russia probe, faces trial

      Source: Xinhua 2018-03-01 07:34:25

      Former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort departs from U.S. District Court in Washington, U.S., February 28, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Feb. 28 (Xinhua) -- Paul Manafort, former campaign chairman of U.S. President Donald Trump, pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to new charges levied against him in the probe into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election and will face trial in September.

      Manafort's formal plea of not guilty came during a brief hearing in a Washington federal court regarding a second indictment accusing him of acting as an unregistered foreign agent and directing an international money-laundering conspiracy stemming from his political work in Ukraine.

      It's Manafort's first court appearance since his longtime business associate Rick Gates, also a former Trump campaign aide, pleaded guilty and cut a deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the Russia probe.

      In court, Judge Amy Berman Jackson reprimanded Manafort for making a public statement about Gates' plea last week, saying the statement violated a gag order she put in place early in the case.

      Jackson set the trial to start on Sept. 17 in Washington D.C. It is expected to stretch for several weeks and even through the U.S. midterm elections in early November.

      The new charges filed Friday in Mueller's Russia probe said Manafort, with the help of Gates, used offshore accounts to wire more than 2 million euros (about 2.5 million U.S. dollars) to unnamed former senior European politicians in 2012 and 2013 on behalf of the then pro-Russia government of Ukraine.

      File photo taken on July 21, 2016 shows U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump gives a thumbs up as his campaign manager Paul Manafort (C) and daughter Ivanka (R) look on during Trump's walk through at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, the United States. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      The superseding indictment came hours after Gates pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy against the United States and making false statements to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and pledged to cooperate with Mueller in the ongoing Russia probe.

      In a statement prior to Friday's indictment, Manafort said he continued to maintain his "innocence" and that Gates' plea would not alter his commitment to defending himself against "the untrue piled up charges."

      Manafort and Gates were originally indicted in October on charges of conspiracy and fraud stemming from their lucrative lobbying work in Ukraine, a case that arose out of Mueller's investigation into Russia's role in the election and possible collusion with the Trump campaign.

      So far, none of the charges against them made reference to alleged Russia meddling nor accusations of collusion between Moscow and Trump' campaign.

      Manafort alone was indicted in October on 12 counts related to unlawful financial dealings. The authorities at the time said Manafort laundered more than 18 million dollars.

      Trump has vigorously denied allegations of collusion between his campaign and Moscow during the election. The Russian government has also repeatedly dismissed the accusations of interference.

      So far, Mueller has charged nearly 20 people as part of his inquiry. Former Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn and former campaign foreign policy aide George Papadopoulos have each pleaded guilty to one count of lying.

      010020070750000000000000011100001370071041
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品看高国产精品不卡| 人人揉揉揉香蕉大免费| 国产一区日韩二区三区| 亚洲老妇色熟女老太| 国产精品99久久久精品免费观看| 香蕉亚洲欧洲在线一区| √天堂中文在线最新版| 国产精品熟妇视频国产偷人| 日韩系列精品无码免费不卡| 日韩av一区二区三区在线播放| 日本理论片一区二区三区| 99热久久只有这里是精品| 性色蜜臀av一区二区三区| 武乡县| 色综合久久精品中文字幕| www插插插无码免费视频网站| 国产免费av片无码永久免费| 国产精品久久久久9999| 国产av黄色一区二区三区| 国产69精品久久久久9999apgf| 爆乳熟妇一区二区三区霸乳| 国产午夜亚洲精品区| 国产小视频一区二区三区| 亚洲中文字幕av一区| 一区二区视频高清在线观看| 国产免费三级三级三级| 亚洲AV无码未成人网站久久精品 | 少妇人妻偷人免费观看| 九九视频在线观看视频6| 无码流畅无码福利午夜| 高清国产欧美一v精品| 午夜在线不卡| 久久久久久一本大道无码| 少妇高潮惨叫久久久久电影| 日韩啪啪A| 日本久久一区二区三区高清| 滦平县| 无码中文字幕专区一二三| 91九色最新地址| 九九九久久国产精品| 五月婷婷激情六月开心|