亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Chances slim for any breakthrough in Syria's Eastern Ghouta humanitarian pause
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-03-02 04:24:24 | Editor: huaxia

      Smoke rises from the besieged Eastern Ghouta in Damascus, Syria, February 27, 2018. (Reuters photo)

      DAMASCUS, March 1 (Xinhua) -- The Russia-proposed humanitarian pause in the capital Damascus' Eastern Ghouta and the 30-day-long cessation of hostilities adopted by the UN Security Council recently have made no breakthrough in terms of completely ending the violence.

      The daily humanitarian pause in the rebel-held Eastern Ghouta countryside of Damascus has so far failed to achieve its intended goal, in terms of the evacuation of civilians from that key hotspot as well as the entry of humanitarian aid to around 400,000 people there.

      As in the past two days, the third day of the humanitarian pause on Thursday has seen no civilians leaving Eastern Ghouta or aid entering that area, which bodes ill for the UN Security Council resolution that was adopted on Feb. 24.

      Two civilians have left on the second day only - a Pakistani man and his wife, who left Eastern Ghouta to the Pakistani embassy in Damascus after communications between the concerned parties.

      Other than that, nothing has happened except for a brief lull during the day, more specifically between 9 a.m. (0700 GMT) until 2 p.m., since the Russia-proposed humanitarian pause went into force on Tuesday.

      Both the government and the rebels in Eastern Ghouta are trading accusations.

      The government says the rebels are not abiding by the ceasefire.

      The UN Security Council adopted Resolution 2401 on Feb. 24, which requires all parties in Syria to immediately cease clashes and provides a sustained humanitarian break for at least 30 days across Syria.

      And two days later, the Russians demanded a daily humanitarian pause for five hours in Eastern Ghouta specifically.

      But all those initiatives have slightly reduced the number of rebels' mortar shells on the capital and the Syrian airstrikes and bombardment of Eastern Ghouta.

      State news agency SANA said five people were wounded on Thursday when mortar shells struck areas in the capital.

      The people in the capital are still preferring to stay indoors, particularly in the eastern Damascus' neighborhoods close to Eastern Ghouta.

      Meanwhile, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said nine people were killed on Thursday by renewed bombardment on Eastern Ghouta, placing the number of the people who have been killed in Eastern Ghouta since the military showdown flared nearly two weeks ago at 611.

      The state-run Ekhbaria TV said the rebels of Islam Army prevented 300 people from leaving Eastern Ghouta through a humanitarian corridor in the Wafidin area northeast of Damascus.

      Ambulances and busses have been waiting for three days at the Wafidin crossing for any civilian to leave, but it hasn't happened yet.

      The rebels have been claiming that the evacuation of civilians is not part of the UN Security Council resolution, demanding the entry of aid to that area instead.

      In a trip to a shelter in the Dweir area in Damascus countryside, Xinhua reporters have been informed about the preparations that have been done by the government in cooperation with Russia, in terms of setting up clinics to treat the sick people and rooms for the families as well as classrooms for children to continue their education.

      Maher Ihsan, a political expert, told Xinhua that both the UN resolution and the Russia-backed humanitarian pause have so far succeeded to slightly reduce the violence, adding that once the five-hour pause is done, mortar shells slam Damascus and the bombardment continue on Eastern Ghouta.

      But in terms of any breakthrough, "it's highly unlikely," he said.

      For the government, liberating the Eastern Ghouta from the rebels seems to be a priority now that the Syrian army has cleared major Syria areas from the insurgency.

      The most workable solution for the government forces, is either the rebels' surrender or the civilian evacuation to carry out the anticipated ground assault on Eastern Ghouta, which constitutes the last threat to the capital Damascus after the Syrian forces with the help of the Russians and the Iranian-backed militias secured the southern, western and northern flanks of the city.

      But the most plausible solution is the rebels' departure, observers believe, as a wide-scale military operation into that densely-populated area could result in hefty losses for the civilians.

      The planned military operation primarily aims at eliminating the al-Qaida-linked groups, which are excluded from any ceasefire. But even other rebel groups are seen by the government forces as terrorists, with recent reports on the state-run media outlets accusing the Saudi-backed Islam Army of preventing the civilians evacuation and targeting the Wafidin area with mortars.

      It's a complicated scenario in Eastern Ghouta due to the political and military support to some rebel groups, and the high number of civilians in that area.

      The UN resolution and the Russian humanitarian pause seems to be slowing down the military showdown, but not stopping it.

      On Thursday, Britain formally asked the United Nations Human Rights Council to hold an "urgent debate" this week on the situation in Eastern Ghouta.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Chances slim for any breakthrough in Syria's Eastern Ghouta humanitarian pause

      Source: Xinhua 2018-03-02 04:24:24

      Smoke rises from the besieged Eastern Ghouta in Damascus, Syria, February 27, 2018. (Reuters photo)

      DAMASCUS, March 1 (Xinhua) -- The Russia-proposed humanitarian pause in the capital Damascus' Eastern Ghouta and the 30-day-long cessation of hostilities adopted by the UN Security Council recently have made no breakthrough in terms of completely ending the violence.

      The daily humanitarian pause in the rebel-held Eastern Ghouta countryside of Damascus has so far failed to achieve its intended goal, in terms of the evacuation of civilians from that key hotspot as well as the entry of humanitarian aid to around 400,000 people there.

      As in the past two days, the third day of the humanitarian pause on Thursday has seen no civilians leaving Eastern Ghouta or aid entering that area, which bodes ill for the UN Security Council resolution that was adopted on Feb. 24.

      Two civilians have left on the second day only - a Pakistani man and his wife, who left Eastern Ghouta to the Pakistani embassy in Damascus after communications between the concerned parties.

      Other than that, nothing has happened except for a brief lull during the day, more specifically between 9 a.m. (0700 GMT) until 2 p.m., since the Russia-proposed humanitarian pause went into force on Tuesday.

      Both the government and the rebels in Eastern Ghouta are trading accusations.

      The government says the rebels are not abiding by the ceasefire.

      The UN Security Council adopted Resolution 2401 on Feb. 24, which requires all parties in Syria to immediately cease clashes and provides a sustained humanitarian break for at least 30 days across Syria.

      And two days later, the Russians demanded a daily humanitarian pause for five hours in Eastern Ghouta specifically.

      But all those initiatives have slightly reduced the number of rebels' mortar shells on the capital and the Syrian airstrikes and bombardment of Eastern Ghouta.

      State news agency SANA said five people were wounded on Thursday when mortar shells struck areas in the capital.

      The people in the capital are still preferring to stay indoors, particularly in the eastern Damascus' neighborhoods close to Eastern Ghouta.

      Meanwhile, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said nine people were killed on Thursday by renewed bombardment on Eastern Ghouta, placing the number of the people who have been killed in Eastern Ghouta since the military showdown flared nearly two weeks ago at 611.

      The state-run Ekhbaria TV said the rebels of Islam Army prevented 300 people from leaving Eastern Ghouta through a humanitarian corridor in the Wafidin area northeast of Damascus.

      Ambulances and busses have been waiting for three days at the Wafidin crossing for any civilian to leave, but it hasn't happened yet.

      The rebels have been claiming that the evacuation of civilians is not part of the UN Security Council resolution, demanding the entry of aid to that area instead.

      In a trip to a shelter in the Dweir area in Damascus countryside, Xinhua reporters have been informed about the preparations that have been done by the government in cooperation with Russia, in terms of setting up clinics to treat the sick people and rooms for the families as well as classrooms for children to continue their education.

      Maher Ihsan, a political expert, told Xinhua that both the UN resolution and the Russia-backed humanitarian pause have so far succeeded to slightly reduce the violence, adding that once the five-hour pause is done, mortar shells slam Damascus and the bombardment continue on Eastern Ghouta.

      But in terms of any breakthrough, "it's highly unlikely," he said.

      For the government, liberating the Eastern Ghouta from the rebels seems to be a priority now that the Syrian army has cleared major Syria areas from the insurgency.

      The most workable solution for the government forces, is either the rebels' surrender or the civilian evacuation to carry out the anticipated ground assault on Eastern Ghouta, which constitutes the last threat to the capital Damascus after the Syrian forces with the help of the Russians and the Iranian-backed militias secured the southern, western and northern flanks of the city.

      But the most plausible solution is the rebels' departure, observers believe, as a wide-scale military operation into that densely-populated area could result in hefty losses for the civilians.

      The planned military operation primarily aims at eliminating the al-Qaida-linked groups, which are excluded from any ceasefire. But even other rebel groups are seen by the government forces as terrorists, with recent reports on the state-run media outlets accusing the Saudi-backed Islam Army of preventing the civilians evacuation and targeting the Wafidin area with mortars.

      It's a complicated scenario in Eastern Ghouta due to the political and military support to some rebel groups, and the high number of civilians in that area.

      The UN resolution and the Russian humanitarian pause seems to be slowing down the military showdown, but not stopping it.

      On Thursday, Britain formally asked the United Nations Human Rights Council to hold an "urgent debate" this week on the situation in Eastern Ghouta.

      010020070750000000000000011105521370094211
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 大屁股少妇一区二区无码| 99re久久精品国产首页| 孕交videosgratis孕妇| 欧美成a人片在线观看| 美女精品黄色淫秽片网站| 成年毛片18成年毛片| 久久国产亚洲中文字幕| 午夜精品电影你懂的| 色老头亚洲成人免费影院| 国产三级国产精品国产专区| 欧美日韩国产在线成人网| 免费一级黄色大片久久久| 农村国产毛片一区二区三区女| 盐源县| 天天插天天干天天操| 少妇泬喷水18p| 国产男女猛烈视频在线观看| 国产未成女年一区二区| 99ri国产在线观看| 国产欧美久久一区二区三区| 国产99在线 | 亚洲| 水蜜桃一二二视频在线观看免费 | av一区二区三区免费不卡| 日本少妇被爽到高潮的免费| 亚洲AV天天做在线观看| 日本久久久久久免费网络| 久久精品国产亚洲av无码偷窥| 南昌市| 免费在线日韩| 亚洲另类中文字幕| 国产高潮自拍视频在线观看| 一区二区三区精品高清日韩美| 亚洲欧美日韩视频一区| 国产精品午夜福利在线观看地址 | xxxxfree少妇过瘾| 免费人成视频欧美| 粗大挺进尤物人妻一区二区| 男女啪啪免费体验区| 老子影院午夜精品无码| 国产在线一区二区三区| 亚洲国产综合性感三级自拍 |