"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Massive power cuts reported in Ireland's snowstorm-hit areas

      Source: Xinhua    2018-03-03 06:40:43

      DUBLIN, March 2 (Xinhua) -- Massive power cuts were reported in Ireland as an unprecedented snowstorm continued to hit the country for the third straight day, said local officials on Friday.

      Officials with Electricity Supply Board (ESB), the largest electricity supplier in Ireland, said that reports about power outages started coming in the wee hours of Friday and the number of homes and businesses which suffered power outage reached a maximum of 117,000 at about 1:30 a.m. Friday morning.

      Most of the cases were reported in the east and south of the country, which have been hardest hit by the snowstorm while some took place in the northwest county of Donegal and some other counties, said ESB officials.

      Over 350 faults have been identified in different places, they said, adding that the company crews have been trying hard to fix these problems throughout the day.

      By Friday evening, power has been restored to most of the affectees while over 34,000 homes and businesses are still out of power, they said.

      It is unlikely to resume the supply of power for all the affected customers on Friday due to the deteriorating weather conditions in the country, they added.

      Water supply problems also occurred in some parts of the country on the third successive day of heavy snowfalls. Local authorities have advised people to store extra water at home and avoid letting their running water unclosed in case of blockage because of the freezing temperatures.

      The first serious injury related to the snowstorm was reported on Friday when a 19-year-old man was critically wounded by the neck when he fell down from a low wall while standing on it for taking the pictures of the snow in the country's southern city of Cork. The man is said to remain in critical condition.

      So far no snowstorm-related deaths have been reported in the country.

      Met Eireann, the meteorological department of the Irish government, on Friday afternoon extended the red weather warning for the east, south and midwest of the country till 9:00 a.m. Saturday. Originally they expected the worst part of the snowstorm would be over by 6:00 p.m. Friday.

      Officials with Met Eireann predicted that the snowstorm will further move to the north and northwest of the country on Friday night and the snow may turn into sleet and rain in the east and south of the country over the weekend, which will make traveling on the roads even more difficult and dangerous.

      Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar said on Friday that the government is monitoring the situation on an hourly basis and the emergency crews are working round the clock with a focus on transport infrastructure.

      He said over 200 snow ploughs were out to clear the roads on Friday.

      It is reported that a total of 24,000 km of roads in the country have been gritted and 6,000 tons of salt have been spread on primary roads since the start of the snowstorm.

      The on-going snowstorm began in the wee hours of Wednesday morning and is reported to be the worst of its kind in the country since 1982.

      Editor: Jiaxin
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Massive power cuts reported in Ireland's snowstorm-hit areas

      Source: Xinhua 2018-03-03 06:40:43

      DUBLIN, March 2 (Xinhua) -- Massive power cuts were reported in Ireland as an unprecedented snowstorm continued to hit the country for the third straight day, said local officials on Friday.

      Officials with Electricity Supply Board (ESB), the largest electricity supplier in Ireland, said that reports about power outages started coming in the wee hours of Friday and the number of homes and businesses which suffered power outage reached a maximum of 117,000 at about 1:30 a.m. Friday morning.

      Most of the cases were reported in the east and south of the country, which have been hardest hit by the snowstorm while some took place in the northwest county of Donegal and some other counties, said ESB officials.

      Over 350 faults have been identified in different places, they said, adding that the company crews have been trying hard to fix these problems throughout the day.

      By Friday evening, power has been restored to most of the affectees while over 34,000 homes and businesses are still out of power, they said.

      It is unlikely to resume the supply of power for all the affected customers on Friday due to the deteriorating weather conditions in the country, they added.

      Water supply problems also occurred in some parts of the country on the third successive day of heavy snowfalls. Local authorities have advised people to store extra water at home and avoid letting their running water unclosed in case of blockage because of the freezing temperatures.

      The first serious injury related to the snowstorm was reported on Friday when a 19-year-old man was critically wounded by the neck when he fell down from a low wall while standing on it for taking the pictures of the snow in the country's southern city of Cork. The man is said to remain in critical condition.

      So far no snowstorm-related deaths have been reported in the country.

      Met Eireann, the meteorological department of the Irish government, on Friday afternoon extended the red weather warning for the east, south and midwest of the country till 9:00 a.m. Saturday. Originally they expected the worst part of the snowstorm would be over by 6:00 p.m. Friday.

      Officials with Met Eireann predicted that the snowstorm will further move to the north and northwest of the country on Friday night and the snow may turn into sleet and rain in the east and south of the country over the weekend, which will make traveling on the roads even more difficult and dangerous.

      Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar said on Friday that the government is monitoring the situation on an hourly basis and the emergency crews are working round the clock with a focus on transport infrastructure.

      He said over 200 snow ploughs were out to clear the roads on Friday.

      It is reported that a total of 24,000 km of roads in the country have been gritted and 6,000 tons of salt have been spread on primary roads since the start of the snowstorm.

      The on-going snowstorm began in the wee hours of Wednesday morning and is reported to be the worst of its kind in the country since 1982.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001370121111
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 一区在线播放| 亚洲AV无码久久天堂| 亚洲国产成人综合一区二区三区 | 国产特级毛片aaaaaa毛片| 6080亚洲人久久精品| 国产美女深夜福利在线一| 亚洲成a人片77777kkkkk| 中文字幕日韩人妻在线| 国产成人免费无码视频在线观看| 亚洲va欧美va国产va综合| 久久国内精品一国内精品| 蜜臀久久人妻一区二区| 免费 无码 国产在线观看不卡 | 高潮喷水在线| 国产乱人伦精品一区二区| 高清一级淫片a级中文字幕| 亚洲男人的天堂精品一区二区| 大陆少妇xxxx做受| 欧美日韩一线| 国产人妻人伦精品婷婷| 亚洲av日韩av一区久久| 成年大片免费视频观看| 人妻少妇av中文字幕乱码免费| 久久亚洲综合精品成人网| 在线不卡免费视频| 亚洲欧洲国无码| 春色成人在线一区av| 男人桶女人18禁止网站| 午夜国产亚洲精品一区| 自慰高潮网站在线观看| 放荡人妻一区二区三区| 少妇乳大丰满在线播放| 欧美另类精品一区二区三区| 日本不卡在线一区二区| 中文毛片无遮挡高潮| 国产喷白浆精品一区二区| 色综合久久久高清综合久久久| 一本久久综合亚洲鲁鲁五月夫| 久久精品国产亚洲5555| 亚洲精品人成网线在线| 国产伦精品一区二区三区视频三级|