"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      First death reported in Ireland snowstorm

      Source: Xinhua    2018-03-04 06:04:11

      DUBLIN, March 3 (Xinhua) -- An old man died in a road accident in Ireland on Saturday, making him the first person killed in a powerful snowstorm that has hit the country for the fourth consecutive day.

      According to local media reports, the man in his 80s was killed when his car smashed into a wall by the roadside in the country's midwest county of Roscommon on Saturday afternoon.

      The victim was alone in the ill-fated car, said police. No other details about the accident were reported.

      Prior to this, a 19-year-old man in the country's southern county of Cork was critically injured by the neck when he fell down from a wall on which he was standing for taking photos of the snow.

      These are the only two snowstorm-related casualties reported in the country over the last four days.

      Apart from these, two looting cases were reported in the country's capital Dublin on Friday evening when two separate groups of people broke into two stores in the western part of the city apparently for food at first as most of the stores remained closed during the snowstorm.

      Nine people involved in the cases have been arrested and were presented to the local criminal courts with charges of burglary and looting on Friday.

      IMPROVED WEATHER

      Local meteorological department has downgraded the warning from the highest red status to the second-tier orange level for the hardest-hit east and south regions of the country in the snowstorm since Saturday morning as the heavy showers of the snow have stopped and the gusty wind has obviously died down in these areas.

      However, both meteorological and transport authorities warned that melting snow on the roads could make travelling on them even more dangerous. They advised people to avoid unnecessary journeys unless absolutely needed.

      Starting late on Saturday morning, most of the airports in the country have resumed their operations while public transport services, including buses, trams and trains, have started limited services in Dublin and other parts of the country.

      Improved weather has also helped local electricity suppliers in restoration of power for the affected customers. By 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, power has been restored to 138,500 homes, farms and businesses which have suffered from power cuts since the wee hours of Friday, said Electricity Supply Board (ESB), the country's largest power company.

      So far only about 12,000 customers are still out of power, said ESB, adding that 90 percent of them are in the southern county of Wexford.

      Water supply restoration work is also under way, said local authorities, adding that an estimated 10,000 customers are still facing the water supply problems across the country.

      Local telecommunications company Eir said that a number of its customers have been affected during the snowstorm and an estimated 10,000 customers were without telephone, broadband and mobile services on Friday due to the damages to its network infrastructure. Out of the affected customers, 7,000 were from the country's southwestern county of Limerick, it said.

      No official figures have been announced for the losses of the country in the snowstorm yet. Local watchers believe that the snowstorm which has never been seen in the country over the last 36 years will definitely have a negative impact on the Irish economy in March.

      Editor: yan
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      First death reported in Ireland snowstorm

      Source: Xinhua 2018-03-04 06:04:11

      DUBLIN, March 3 (Xinhua) -- An old man died in a road accident in Ireland on Saturday, making him the first person killed in a powerful snowstorm that has hit the country for the fourth consecutive day.

      According to local media reports, the man in his 80s was killed when his car smashed into a wall by the roadside in the country's midwest county of Roscommon on Saturday afternoon.

      The victim was alone in the ill-fated car, said police. No other details about the accident were reported.

      Prior to this, a 19-year-old man in the country's southern county of Cork was critically injured by the neck when he fell down from a wall on which he was standing for taking photos of the snow.

      These are the only two snowstorm-related casualties reported in the country over the last four days.

      Apart from these, two looting cases were reported in the country's capital Dublin on Friday evening when two separate groups of people broke into two stores in the western part of the city apparently for food at first as most of the stores remained closed during the snowstorm.

      Nine people involved in the cases have been arrested and were presented to the local criminal courts with charges of burglary and looting on Friday.

      IMPROVED WEATHER

      Local meteorological department has downgraded the warning from the highest red status to the second-tier orange level for the hardest-hit east and south regions of the country in the snowstorm since Saturday morning as the heavy showers of the snow have stopped and the gusty wind has obviously died down in these areas.

      However, both meteorological and transport authorities warned that melting snow on the roads could make travelling on them even more dangerous. They advised people to avoid unnecessary journeys unless absolutely needed.

      Starting late on Saturday morning, most of the airports in the country have resumed their operations while public transport services, including buses, trams and trains, have started limited services in Dublin and other parts of the country.

      Improved weather has also helped local electricity suppliers in restoration of power for the affected customers. By 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, power has been restored to 138,500 homes, farms and businesses which have suffered from power cuts since the wee hours of Friday, said Electricity Supply Board (ESB), the country's largest power company.

      So far only about 12,000 customers are still out of power, said ESB, adding that 90 percent of them are in the southern county of Wexford.

      Water supply restoration work is also under way, said local authorities, adding that an estimated 10,000 customers are still facing the water supply problems across the country.

      Local telecommunications company Eir said that a number of its customers have been affected during the snowstorm and an estimated 10,000 customers were without telephone, broadband and mobile services on Friday due to the damages to its network infrastructure. Out of the affected customers, 7,000 were from the country's southwestern county of Limerick, it said.

      No official figures have been announced for the losses of the country in the snowstorm yet. Local watchers believe that the snowstorm which has never been seen in the country over the last 36 years will definitely have a negative impact on the Irish economy in March.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105521370141301
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产区91| 国产精品一品二品有码| 久久精品就是久久精品| 日韩中文字幕不卡网站| 免费在线观看av天堂| 国产成人精品国内自产色| 99久久精品国产一区二区暴力 | 太大太粗太爽免费视频| 国产三级在线观看性色av | 国产精品视频a| 黑人玩弄漂亮少妇高潮大叫| 色视频久久| 精品久久黑人一区二区| 久久精品免费无码区| 97se亚洲综合在线| 男人天堂av| 97久久综合区小说区图片区| 日韩熟妇精品视频一区二区| 无码中文字幕久久久久久| 国偷自产一区二区三区在线视频| 欧美巨大xxxx做受| 免费黄色大全一区二区三区| 国产精品18久久久久久不卡中国 | 精品无码一区二区三区在线| 亚洲呦女专区| 亚洲精品国产主播一区二区 | 中文字幕一区二区人妻痴汉电车| 久久中文字幕人妻熟女少妇| 九九在线精品国产| 国产粉嫩美女一区二区三| 乌拉特前旗| 无码8090精品久久一区| 7777奇米四色眼影| 久久精品国产欧美日韩99热| 太仆寺旗| 国产成人精品人人做人人爽| 欧美激情,国产精品| 日本理论片一区二区三区| 中文字幕乱码免费人妻av| 久久婷婷国产五月综合色| 中国6一12呦女精品|