亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Experts say Washington should maintain positive momentum on Korean Peninsula
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-03-08 23:17:31 | Editor: huaxia

      Photo provided by Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on March 6, 2018 shows Kim Jong Un (3rd L), top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), posing for a group photo with the members of South Korean delegation. (Xinhua/KCNA)

      WASHINGTON, March 8 (Xinhua) -- As talks between Pyongyang and Seoul start to yield results, experts on Wednesday urged the White House not to rock the boat.

      The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) made a tension-easing gesture earlier this week during a two-day visit by a high-level South Korean delegation to Pyongyang.

      The DPRK showed willingness to talk "candidly" with the United States on issues including denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and normalization of ties with Washington. It also agreed to hold the third inter-Korean summit in late April.

      "Seoul's immediate objective is to buy time and create the conditions necessary to bring Washington and Pyongyang together," noted Scott A. Snyder, a senior fellow for Korea studies at Council on Foreign Relations (CFR),a New York-based think tank.

      CFR President Richard Haas said that it is time for Washington to step up to the plate to further de-escalate tension in the region.

      "The United States needs to decide what it would offer North Korea (the DPRK), ie, security assurances, adjustments to U.S.-South Korea exercises, reduced economic sanctions," Haas said.

      "We need to get (U.S.) professionals there to talk about talks," Douglas Paal, vice president for studies at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, told Xinhua.

      File Photo: U.S. President Donald Trump addresses a press conference with visiting Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven (not in the photo) at the White House in Washington D.C., the United States, March 6, 2018. (Xinhua/Ting Shen)

      However, so far little concrete change has been detected on the Trump administration's policy on the DPRK.

      U.S. Vice President Mike Pence kept a harsh tone in a statement released on Tuesday, saying a "maximum pressure" strategy against Pyongyang to seek an end to its nuclear program will continue.

      Meanwhile, the U.S. State Department said no "play-by-play" will be provided about the U.S. response to the Pyongyang meeting before they are briefed by Seoul.

      Two senior South Korean officials who met with DPRK leader Kim Jong Un left for Washington on Thursday to brief U.S. officials on the outcome of their meeting.

      The White House has announced that routine U.S. military exercises with allies in the region would resume, casting cloud on the current situation.

      The next U.S.-South Korean drill is expected in April.

      An armored helicopter prepare to land on the ground during the annual joint military exercise Foal Eagle between South Korea and the United States in Pocheon, northeast of Seoul, March 25, 2015. (Xinhua/Seongbin Kang)

      If U.S. President Donald Trump has indeed decided to require "complete, verifiable, and irreversible denuclearization" of the DPRK before "meaningful dialogue" can occur, it is safe to say such dialogue will never happen under this administration, said Bonnie Kristian, a fellow at Defense Priorities, a Washington D.C.-based think tank.

      "The Trump administration should support our ally's interest in negotiations, not undermine it," Kristian added.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Experts say Washington should maintain positive momentum on Korean Peninsula

      Source: Xinhua 2018-03-08 23:17:31

      Photo provided by Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on March 6, 2018 shows Kim Jong Un (3rd L), top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), posing for a group photo with the members of South Korean delegation. (Xinhua/KCNA)

      WASHINGTON, March 8 (Xinhua) -- As talks between Pyongyang and Seoul start to yield results, experts on Wednesday urged the White House not to rock the boat.

      The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) made a tension-easing gesture earlier this week during a two-day visit by a high-level South Korean delegation to Pyongyang.

      The DPRK showed willingness to talk "candidly" with the United States on issues including denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and normalization of ties with Washington. It also agreed to hold the third inter-Korean summit in late April.

      "Seoul's immediate objective is to buy time and create the conditions necessary to bring Washington and Pyongyang together," noted Scott A. Snyder, a senior fellow for Korea studies at Council on Foreign Relations (CFR),a New York-based think tank.

      CFR President Richard Haas said that it is time for Washington to step up to the plate to further de-escalate tension in the region.

      "The United States needs to decide what it would offer North Korea (the DPRK), ie, security assurances, adjustments to U.S.-South Korea exercises, reduced economic sanctions," Haas said.

      "We need to get (U.S.) professionals there to talk about talks," Douglas Paal, vice president for studies at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, told Xinhua.

      File Photo: U.S. President Donald Trump addresses a press conference with visiting Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven (not in the photo) at the White House in Washington D.C., the United States, March 6, 2018. (Xinhua/Ting Shen)

      However, so far little concrete change has been detected on the Trump administration's policy on the DPRK.

      U.S. Vice President Mike Pence kept a harsh tone in a statement released on Tuesday, saying a "maximum pressure" strategy against Pyongyang to seek an end to its nuclear program will continue.

      Meanwhile, the U.S. State Department said no "play-by-play" will be provided about the U.S. response to the Pyongyang meeting before they are briefed by Seoul.

      Two senior South Korean officials who met with DPRK leader Kim Jong Un left for Washington on Thursday to brief U.S. officials on the outcome of their meeting.

      The White House has announced that routine U.S. military exercises with allies in the region would resume, casting cloud on the current situation.

      The next U.S.-South Korean drill is expected in April.

      An armored helicopter prepare to land on the ground during the annual joint military exercise Foal Eagle between South Korea and the United States in Pocheon, northeast of Seoul, March 25, 2015. (Xinhua/Seongbin Kang)

      If U.S. President Donald Trump has indeed decided to require "complete, verifiable, and irreversible denuclearization" of the DPRK before "meaningful dialogue" can occur, it is safe to say such dialogue will never happen under this administration, said Bonnie Kristian, a fellow at Defense Priorities, a Washington D.C.-based think tank.

      "The Trump administration should support our ally's interest in negotiations, not undermine it," Kristian added.

      010020070750000000000000011105091370254671
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕av日韩精品一区| 青青草免费激情自拍视频| 好紧好爽好深再快点av在线| 中文字幕亚洲精品码专区| 国产av一区二区凹凸精品| 毛片一级精油按摩无码| 国产自产21区激情综合一区| 国产性自爱拍偷在在线播放| 色悠悠国产在线视频一线| 高清激情文学亚洲一区| 级毛片无码av| 国产成人精品免费久久久久| 日韩视频无码免费一区=区三区| 亚洲αⅴ无码乱码在线观看性色| 欧美在线观看一区二区| 91久久国产综合精品| 久久精品国产免费观看99| 亚洲精品一品二品av| 精品一区二区三区国产馆| 国内精品久久人妻无码不卡| 亚洲熟妇av不卡一区二区三区| 日韩狼人精品在线观看| 国产成人无码一区二区在线观看| 中文字幕av久久激情亚洲精品| 亚欧免费视频一区二区三区| 亚洲综合1区2区3区| 4hu44四虎www在线影院麻豆| 国产精品天堂蜜av在线播放| 中文字幕永久免费观看| 宜阳县| 日本嗯啊在线观看| 亚洲国产色图在线视频| 国产激情视频在线| 久久久精品中文字幕综合| 精品国产迪丽热巴在线| 国产主播一区二区三区在线观看| 超清无码AV丝袜片在线观看 | 亚洲综合久久久中文字幕| 久久久久久av无码免费网站下载| 亚洲人成电影免费观看在线看 | 富顺县|