"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      U.S. protectionism can trigger digital trade war, expert warns

      Source: Xinhua    2018-03-14 00:15:17

      WASHINGTON, March 13 (Xinhua) -- The growing U.S. protectionism may trigger a trade war in the field of technology that cannot be won, a U.S. economic analyst has warned.

      With digital flows of commerce and information rising enormously in the past decade, the U.S. government's attention to real commodities, as indicated by imposing tariffs or other barriers, is misplaced, according to Rana Foroohar in a column published in Financial Times Sunday.

      A digital trade war is likely to surface following recent protectionist measures by Washington. The U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment's review of Singaporean chipmaker Broadcom's bid to take over leading U.S. semiconductor producer Qualcomm is one of them, Foroohar explained.

      Foroohar said U.S. officials are worried that Broadcom, with heavy debts due to the acquisition, would reduce the research and development capacity of Qualcomm, and a strong competitor in the global technology race would thus vanish.

      Also, in August 2017, the United States launched an investigation into China's trade practices under the obsolete 1974 Trade Act's Section 301, a trade tool focusing on enforcing intellectual property rights. It was frequently used before the World Trade Organization came into existence and allows Washington to unilaterally impose tariffs on another country's products.

      Foroohar said the investigation results, due in summer, may put stricter barriers for Chinese investment in the U.S. data and IT industry, shut out some Chinese giants, like Tencent, and impose new tariffs on a wider variety of Chinese products.

      However, many big U.S. technology companies have substantial interests in China, Foroohar said, citing Stacy Rasgon, a semiconductor analyst for the Berstein Research Group.

      "Today's worry, of course, is that we start with tariffs on aluminum and steel and end up in a digital trade war that cannot be won," Foroohar said.

      U.S. President Donald Trump has adopted several measures so far this year, saying they are meant to protect domestic industries.

      Despite mounting dissension from trade partners around the world, Trump this month formally announced a 25-percent tariff on imported steel and a 10-percent tariff on aluminum.

      In January, the U.S. administration approved tariffs of up to 50 percent on imported washers for the next three years and up to 30 percent tariffs on solar cells and modules for the next four years.

      Editor: yan
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      U.S. protectionism can trigger digital trade war, expert warns

      Source: Xinhua 2018-03-14 00:15:17

      WASHINGTON, March 13 (Xinhua) -- The growing U.S. protectionism may trigger a trade war in the field of technology that cannot be won, a U.S. economic analyst has warned.

      With digital flows of commerce and information rising enormously in the past decade, the U.S. government's attention to real commodities, as indicated by imposing tariffs or other barriers, is misplaced, according to Rana Foroohar in a column published in Financial Times Sunday.

      A digital trade war is likely to surface following recent protectionist measures by Washington. The U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment's review of Singaporean chipmaker Broadcom's bid to take over leading U.S. semiconductor producer Qualcomm is one of them, Foroohar explained.

      Foroohar said U.S. officials are worried that Broadcom, with heavy debts due to the acquisition, would reduce the research and development capacity of Qualcomm, and a strong competitor in the global technology race would thus vanish.

      Also, in August 2017, the United States launched an investigation into China's trade practices under the obsolete 1974 Trade Act's Section 301, a trade tool focusing on enforcing intellectual property rights. It was frequently used before the World Trade Organization came into existence and allows Washington to unilaterally impose tariffs on another country's products.

      Foroohar said the investigation results, due in summer, may put stricter barriers for Chinese investment in the U.S. data and IT industry, shut out some Chinese giants, like Tencent, and impose new tariffs on a wider variety of Chinese products.

      However, many big U.S. technology companies have substantial interests in China, Foroohar said, citing Stacy Rasgon, a semiconductor analyst for the Berstein Research Group.

      "Today's worry, of course, is that we start with tariffs on aluminum and steel and end up in a digital trade war that cannot be won," Foroohar said.

      U.S. President Donald Trump has adopted several measures so far this year, saying they are meant to protect domestic industries.

      Despite mounting dissension from trade partners around the world, Trump this month formally announced a 25-percent tariff on imported steel and a 10-percent tariff on aluminum.

      In January, the U.S. administration approved tariffs of up to 50 percent on imported washers for the next three years and up to 30 percent tariffs on solar cells and modules for the next four years.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105521370369541
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 99久久久精品国产性黑人| 中文字幕亚洲无线码a| 中字无码av电影在线观看网站| 精品偷拍一区二区三区在线看| 视频精品熟女一区二区三区 | 妇女自拍偷自拍亚洲精品| 久久天天躁夜夜躁狠狠躁综合| 国产特级毛片aaaaaa高潮流水| 国产suv精品一区二区五| 99色亚洲国产精品11p| 国产AV秘 无码一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精品一区二区在线| 隆林| 91久久精品无码人妻系列| 国产精品美女久久久久久2021| 亚洲AV天天做在线观看| 天堂在线www| 又大又硬又爽免费视频| 日韩精品人妻中文字幕有码视频| 欧产日产国产精品精品| 美女胸又大又WWW黄的网站| 久久人妻av不卡中文字幕| 鄂尔多斯市| 高清高速无码一区二区| 日本无码欧美一区精品久久| 99国产精品久久久久久久成人| 亚洲精品一区二区三区在| 久久人妻少妇偷人精品综合桃色| 亚洲精品成人网站在线观看| 最新免费视频一区二区三区| 日本免费一区二区三区最新| 亚洲国产av自拍精选| 国产精品久久这里只有精品| 野花免费观看高清电视 | 亚洲成a人片在线观看天堂| 精品无码人妻一区二区三区不卡| 啪啪视频免费看一区二区| 国产av办公室丝袜秘书| 亚洲制服丝袜第一页| 日韩偷拍一区二区三区视频| 国产精品福利片免费看|