亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Trump replaces Tillerson with CIA chief, uncertainties mount over U.S. foreign policy
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-03-14 02:36:00 | Editor: huaxia

      U.S. President Donald Trump answers questions from the press before departing the White House in Washington D.C., the United States, on March 13, 2018. (Xinhua/Ting Shen)

      WASHINGTON, March 13 (Xinhua) -- Amid mounting uncertainties over U.S. foreign policy, President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced to replace Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with Director of Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Mike Pompeo.

      TILLERSON SACKED

      Trump tweeted that Pompeo "will do a fantastic job," adding that Gina Haspel, Pompeo's deputy, will become the new CIA chief as "the first woman so chosen."

      Trump tweets on replacing Rex Tillerson with Mike Pompeo.

      Later, Trump told media in the White House before going to California that Pompeo has "tremendous energy, tremendous intellect."

      "We're always on the same wavelength," he said. "The relationship has been very good and that's what I need as Secretary of State ... I think Mike Pompeo will be a truly great Secretary of State."

      He also noted that he and Tillerson "have been talking about this for a long time."

      File photo taken on May 3, 2017 shows Rex Tillerson delivering a speech to State Department employees in Washington D.C., capital of the United States. (Xinhua/Bao Dandan)

      "We disagreed on things ... we were not thinking the same. With Mike Pompeo, we have a similar thought process," he said.

      "I very much appreciate his (Tillerson's) commitment and his service and I wish him well. He's a good man," said Trump. "I actually got along well with Rex but really it was a different mindset, a different thinking."

      An aide of Tillerson responded by saying that Trump did not explain to Tillerson why he was fired, and Tillerson had wanted to stay on.

      In a statement, Pompeo said he is "deeply grateful" for the new nomination.

      "If confirmed, I look forward to guiding the world's finest diplomatic corps in formulating and executing the President's foreign policy," he said, vowing to work to ensure that "our nation will forever be safe and strong and proud and mighty and free."

      WASHINGTON SHOCKED

      Trump's decision, first reported by The Washington Post, shocked Washington, since Tillerson had just wrapped up his visit to Africa. It also came on the heels of Trump's ground-breaking statement last week that he had accepted the invitation from the top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), Kim Jong Un, for a meeting.

      However, Tillerson ouster was not a total surprise for Washington, where rumors of his sacking had emerged after he was reported to have called Trump a "moron" at a meeting last year. Trump later challenged him to an IQ test, prompting further speculations.

      Tillerson, who assumed office on Feb.1, 2017, underwent a rocky term due to his profound divergence from Trump over multiple issues including the U.S. withdrawal from multilateral treaties and organizations.

      Tillerson's departure was welcomed by the Trump administration.

      Nikki Haley, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, tweeted that the replacement was a "great decision by the President." She also congratulated Pompeo on the new nomination, calling him a "friend."

      The nomination has yet to be approved by the U.S. Congress, although it is highly unlikely to be vetoed.

      A statement offered by White House spokesperson Sarah Sanders said Pompeo's experience in the military, Congress, and as leader of the CIA has "prepared him well for his new role."

      UNCERTAINTIES AHEAD

      Tillerson's sudden sacking has sparked worries over the Trump administration's future foreign policies, with critics predicting they would be more self-centered and reckless.

      Trump told reporters that the Iran nuclear deal was part of the reason for sacking Tillerson.

      "I think it's terrible. I guess he thought it was OK. I wanted to either break it or do something and he felt a little bit differently," he said.

      Speaking of the future meeting with the DPRK top leader, Trump said he "really didn't discuss it very much" with Tillerson.

      "I made that decision by myself," he said.

      Kim Jong Un, top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), speaks during the Second Plenum of the 7th Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea in Pyongyang, capital of the DPRK, Oct. 7, 2017. (Xinhua/KCNA)

      On his "America First" ambition, Trump said Pompeo "will continue our program of restoring America's standing in the world, strengthening our alliances, confronting our adversaries, and seeking the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

      The remarks have sparked worries. The Washington Post warned that Pompeo would be more obedient to Trump's will compared with Tillerson.

      "Pompeo has done nothing but talk about how we need to take the gloves off," Stephen M. Walt, a professor of international relations at Harvard Kennedy School, was quoted as saying. "There's no reason to believe he would change his views if you put him in charge of the State Department."

      The New York Times commented that Pompeo's hard-edge views "might reinforce, rather than restrain, Mr. Trump's instincts."

      "That could further stiffen American policy toward Iran, where Mr.Tillerson, along with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, urged Mr. Trump not to scrap the nuclear deal negotiated by President Barack Obama," the newspaper said.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Trump replaces Tillerson with CIA chief, uncertainties mount over U.S. foreign policy

      Source: Xinhua 2018-03-14 02:36:00

      U.S. President Donald Trump answers questions from the press before departing the White House in Washington D.C., the United States, on March 13, 2018. (Xinhua/Ting Shen)

      WASHINGTON, March 13 (Xinhua) -- Amid mounting uncertainties over U.S. foreign policy, President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced to replace Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with Director of Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Mike Pompeo.

      TILLERSON SACKED

      Trump tweeted that Pompeo "will do a fantastic job," adding that Gina Haspel, Pompeo's deputy, will become the new CIA chief as "the first woman so chosen."

      Trump tweets on replacing Rex Tillerson with Mike Pompeo.

      Later, Trump told media in the White House before going to California that Pompeo has "tremendous energy, tremendous intellect."

      "We're always on the same wavelength," he said. "The relationship has been very good and that's what I need as Secretary of State ... I think Mike Pompeo will be a truly great Secretary of State."

      He also noted that he and Tillerson "have been talking about this for a long time."

      File photo taken on May 3, 2017 shows Rex Tillerson delivering a speech to State Department employees in Washington D.C., capital of the United States. (Xinhua/Bao Dandan)

      "We disagreed on things ... we were not thinking the same. With Mike Pompeo, we have a similar thought process," he said.

      "I very much appreciate his (Tillerson's) commitment and his service and I wish him well. He's a good man," said Trump. "I actually got along well with Rex but really it was a different mindset, a different thinking."

      An aide of Tillerson responded by saying that Trump did not explain to Tillerson why he was fired, and Tillerson had wanted to stay on.

      In a statement, Pompeo said he is "deeply grateful" for the new nomination.

      "If confirmed, I look forward to guiding the world's finest diplomatic corps in formulating and executing the President's foreign policy," he said, vowing to work to ensure that "our nation will forever be safe and strong and proud and mighty and free."

      WASHINGTON SHOCKED

      Trump's decision, first reported by The Washington Post, shocked Washington, since Tillerson had just wrapped up his visit to Africa. It also came on the heels of Trump's ground-breaking statement last week that he had accepted the invitation from the top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), Kim Jong Un, for a meeting.

      However, Tillerson ouster was not a total surprise for Washington, where rumors of his sacking had emerged after he was reported to have called Trump a "moron" at a meeting last year. Trump later challenged him to an IQ test, prompting further speculations.

      Tillerson, who assumed office on Feb.1, 2017, underwent a rocky term due to his profound divergence from Trump over multiple issues including the U.S. withdrawal from multilateral treaties and organizations.

      Tillerson's departure was welcomed by the Trump administration.

      Nikki Haley, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, tweeted that the replacement was a "great decision by the President." She also congratulated Pompeo on the new nomination, calling him a "friend."

      The nomination has yet to be approved by the U.S. Congress, although it is highly unlikely to be vetoed.

      A statement offered by White House spokesperson Sarah Sanders said Pompeo's experience in the military, Congress, and as leader of the CIA has "prepared him well for his new role."

      UNCERTAINTIES AHEAD

      Tillerson's sudden sacking has sparked worries over the Trump administration's future foreign policies, with critics predicting they would be more self-centered and reckless.

      Trump told reporters that the Iran nuclear deal was part of the reason for sacking Tillerson.

      "I think it's terrible. I guess he thought it was OK. I wanted to either break it or do something and he felt a little bit differently," he said.

      Speaking of the future meeting with the DPRK top leader, Trump said he "really didn't discuss it very much" with Tillerson.

      "I made that decision by myself," he said.

      Kim Jong Un, top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), speaks during the Second Plenum of the 7th Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea in Pyongyang, capital of the DPRK, Oct. 7, 2017. (Xinhua/KCNA)

      On his "America First" ambition, Trump said Pompeo "will continue our program of restoring America's standing in the world, strengthening our alliances, confronting our adversaries, and seeking the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

      The remarks have sparked worries. The Washington Post warned that Pompeo would be more obedient to Trump's will compared with Tillerson.

      "Pompeo has done nothing but talk about how we need to take the gloves off," Stephen M. Walt, a professor of international relations at Harvard Kennedy School, was quoted as saying. "There's no reason to believe he would change his views if you put him in charge of the State Department."

      The New York Times commented that Pompeo's hard-edge views "might reinforce, rather than restrain, Mr. Trump's instincts."

      "That could further stiffen American policy toward Iran, where Mr.Tillerson, along with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, urged Mr. Trump not to scrap the nuclear deal negotiated by President Barack Obama," the newspaper said.

      010020070750000000000000011100001370370501
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美亚洲另类自拍偷在线拍| 2020无码专区人妻系列日韩| 精品国产亚洲一区二区三区演员表 | 国产精品一区日韩专区| 亚洲国产精品不卡av在线| 国产成人啪精品视频免费网站软件| 日韩卡一卡2卡3卡4卡| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜不卡| 果冻国产一区二区三区| 久久久久欧洲AV成人无码国产| 996热re视频精品视频这里| 国产国语毛片在线看国产| 全网手机av免费在线播放| 日本二区三区四区在线观看| 精品三级久久久久久久| 国产无套精品一区性色| 麻豆国产av穿旗袍强迫女佣人| 久久精品国产亚洲av麻豆毛片| 国产又大又猛的三级视频| 女同另类激情在线三区| 久久中文字幕亚洲精品最新| 国产人成亚洲第一网站在线播放| 黄色软件免费在线观看| 狠狠久久五月综合色和啪| 亚洲国产精品一区二区第一| 国产最新一区二区三区天堂| 色综合天天综合天天更新| 在线天堂资源www中文| 丝袜美腿国产精品视频| 综合无码综合网站| 亚欧洲乱码视频在线专区| 亚洲性日韩精品一区二区三区| 亚洲嫩模高清在线视频| 2021av在线| 最新亚洲人成无码www| 亚洲精品国精品久久99热| 欧美刺激性大交| 国产精品美女主播一区| 久久综合视频网站| 免费国产不卡午夜福在线观看| 大地资源中文第二页|