亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Nigeria says 101 out of 110 schoolgirls now released by Boko Haram
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-03-21 23:37:23 | Editor: huaxia

      File photo shows a Chibok girl (R) released from terror group Boko Haram's captivity hugs her relative in Abuja, Nigeria, May 20, 2017.(Xinhua/Olatunji Obasa)

      ABUJA, March 21 (Xinhua) -- The number of schoolgirls who were released on Wednesday by terror group Boko Haram after their abduction last month in the northeastern town of Dapchi has increased from 76 to 101, the Nigerian government said.

      Minister of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed gave the update in a statement, saying the number could still increase as security agencies had commenced the profiling of the freed schoolgirls.

      A total of 110 schoolgirls were abducted from an all-girl college in Dapchi on Feb. 19.

      The government had earlier confirmed 76 of them released early Wednesday.

      Authorities said no ransom was paid to secure the release of schoolgirls.

      The girls released by terror group Boko Haram were dropped off somewhere in Dapchi town at 3 a.m. local time on Wednesday, and not handed over to anyone.

      Mohammed said they were released "through back-channel efforts and with the help of some friends of the country."

      For the release to work, the government had a clear understanding that violence and confrontation would not be the way out, he explained.

      The official said during negotiation, the Boko Haram group had insisted on returning the girls to where they were abducted from.

      A jubilant crowd welcomed the girls to Dapchi town on Wednesday, according to witnesses.

      Local residents of Dapchi said some people suspected to be Boko Haram fighters brought back the girls to the town in trucks, the same way they were abducted from their dormitories at the Government Girls Science and Technical College on Feb. 19.

      "Everyone fled for safety when the news about suspected Boko Haram's invasion got to us. But it was soon realized that the people who brought the girls were carrying no guns," said Mallam Adamu, a resident.

      File photo shows a Chibok girl (R) released from terror group Boko Haram's captivity hugs her relative in Abuja, Nigeria, May 20, 2017.(Xinhua/Olatunji Obasa)

      Last Wednesday, Nigerian leader Muhammadu Buhari visited Dapchi, located 100 kilometers from Damaturu, capital of the northern Yobe State to sympathize with parents of the girls and assure them that girls would return soon.

      Buhari had said the government would bring back the girls through negotiation and not by force.

      The tragedy of their abduction had brought back memories of a similar occurrence four years ago in Africa's most populous country when more than 200 schoolgirls, also from an all-girl college, were abducted by Boko Haram in the northeastern town of Chibok.

      Only 107 of the Chibok girls have been rescued or returned amid ongoing government negotiation with Boko Haram.

      The United Nations believes Boko Haram has killed more than 20,000 innocent people since 2009 through terror attacks.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Nigeria says 101 out of 110 schoolgirls now released by Boko Haram

      Source: Xinhua 2018-03-21 23:37:23

      File photo shows a Chibok girl (R) released from terror group Boko Haram's captivity hugs her relative in Abuja, Nigeria, May 20, 2017.(Xinhua/Olatunji Obasa)

      ABUJA, March 21 (Xinhua) -- The number of schoolgirls who were released on Wednesday by terror group Boko Haram after their abduction last month in the northeastern town of Dapchi has increased from 76 to 101, the Nigerian government said.

      Minister of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed gave the update in a statement, saying the number could still increase as security agencies had commenced the profiling of the freed schoolgirls.

      A total of 110 schoolgirls were abducted from an all-girl college in Dapchi on Feb. 19.

      The government had earlier confirmed 76 of them released early Wednesday.

      Authorities said no ransom was paid to secure the release of schoolgirls.

      The girls released by terror group Boko Haram were dropped off somewhere in Dapchi town at 3 a.m. local time on Wednesday, and not handed over to anyone.

      Mohammed said they were released "through back-channel efforts and with the help of some friends of the country."

      For the release to work, the government had a clear understanding that violence and confrontation would not be the way out, he explained.

      The official said during negotiation, the Boko Haram group had insisted on returning the girls to where they were abducted from.

      A jubilant crowd welcomed the girls to Dapchi town on Wednesday, according to witnesses.

      Local residents of Dapchi said some people suspected to be Boko Haram fighters brought back the girls to the town in trucks, the same way they were abducted from their dormitories at the Government Girls Science and Technical College on Feb. 19.

      "Everyone fled for safety when the news about suspected Boko Haram's invasion got to us. But it was soon realized that the people who brought the girls were carrying no guns," said Mallam Adamu, a resident.

      File photo shows a Chibok girl (R) released from terror group Boko Haram's captivity hugs her relative in Abuja, Nigeria, May 20, 2017.(Xinhua/Olatunji Obasa)

      Last Wednesday, Nigerian leader Muhammadu Buhari visited Dapchi, located 100 kilometers from Damaturu, capital of the northern Yobe State to sympathize with parents of the girls and assure them that girls would return soon.

      Buhari had said the government would bring back the girls through negotiation and not by force.

      The tragedy of their abduction had brought back memories of a similar occurrence four years ago in Africa's most populous country when more than 200 schoolgirls, also from an all-girl college, were abducted by Boko Haram in the northeastern town of Chibok.

      Only 107 of the Chibok girls have been rescued or returned amid ongoing government negotiation with Boko Haram.

      The United Nations believes Boko Haram has killed more than 20,000 innocent people since 2009 through terror attacks.

      010020070750000000000000011105091370554831
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 韩国深夜福利视频在线观看| 亚洲色欲色欲www在线看| 亚洲欧美国产成人综合不卡| 美腿少妇资源在线网站| 免费 无码 国产在线观看不卡| 亚洲免费人成影院| 国产成a人片在线观看视频| 我们高清观看免费中国片| 免费看女人与善牲交| 精品久久久噜噜噜久久7| 一个人www在线视频免费| 国产精品免费99久久久| dy888午夜国产精品不卡| 黑人大战亚洲人精品一区| 久久国产香蕉| 色乱码一区二区三区在线| 国产精品欧美韩国日本久久| 达尔| 国产精品白浆视频免费观看| 夜夜爽无码一区二区三区| 欧美日韩高清一本大道免费| 国模雨珍浓密毛大尺度150p| 久久月本道色综合久久| 日本三区视频| 亚洲高清国产拍精品熟女| 麻豆tv入口在线看| 国产av一区二区三区东北熟女| 国产精品美女黄色av| 午夜麻豆影片在线观看 | 国产亚洲高清在线精品不卡| 人妻av无码系列一区二区三区 | 一级二级三一片内射视频在线| 免费无码黄网站在线观看| 国产永久免费高清在线| 日本色偷偷| 99久久这里只精品国产免费| 日韩中文字幕三级有码区| 亚洲成av人片天堂网九九| 亚洲国产精品久久久久婷婷软件| 这里只有精品免费视频| 欧美性爱一区二区三区无a|