"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Cricket Australia boss addresses Aussie cheating scandal
      Source: Xinhua   2018-03-25 15:28:14

      SYDNEY, Mar 25 (Xinhua) -- The chief executive officer of Cricket Australia James Sutherland has said Sunday's 'ball-tampering' scandal is a "dark day for the game in Australia."

      During the third Test against South Africa, Australian Cameron Bancroft was caught reaching into his pocket and using a foreign object to scuff the surface of the ball.

      "One of the unique things about the game of cricket is that it's to be played not only within the laws of the game, but in the spirit of the game," Sutherland said.

      "And activities on the field yesterday in Cape Town are neither within the laws of the game or within the spirit of the game."

      "And for us, at Cricket Australia, that's extremely disappointing, but more importantly, for Australian cricket fans, it's extremely disappointing as well."

      At the press conference immediately following the day's play, startled reporters listened to Bancroft and Australian team captain Steve Smith admit to cheating.

      "I saw an opportunity to potentially use some tape and get some granules from the rough patches of the wicket and try to change the ball condition," Bancroft said.

      "It didn't work and once I was sighted on the [stadium] screen I panicked quite a lot, and that resulted in me shoving it [the tape] down my trousers."

      Smith also added that "the leadership group knew about it" and "spoke about it at lunch."

      Despite the shocking confession, Smith said he has no intention to retire as skipper.

      "I won't be considering stepping down, I still think I'm the right person for the job."

      But many former players have spoken out about his leadership following the incident.

      Recently retired former captain Michael Clarke even revealed that he would consider returning to the role, describing the team as the "laughing stock of world sport" on a local television program.

      Fast bowling legend Michael Johnson tweeted he was "shocked and disappointed," while Australia's greatest ever wicket keeper Adam Gilchrist said it's unlikely Smith can continue as skipper.

      The impact of the scandal has been so far reaching that even Australia's Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has weighed in on the embarrassing incident.

      "I've expressed to him [Cricket Australia chairman David Peever] very clearly and unequivocally my disappointment and my concern about the events in South Africa," Turnbull said.

      "It's their responsibility to deal with it but I have to say the whole nation who holds those who wear the baggy green up on a pedestal -- about as high as you can get in Australia, higher than any politician that's for sure -- this is a shocking disappointment and it's wrong and I look forward to Cricket Australia taking decisive action soon."

      In response, Sutherland has sent officials to investigate the incident before he makes a decision on the players' futures.

      Meanwhile, Bancroft has been charged with ball-tampering by the International Cricket Committee and will await a ruling on a suspension.

      Play will recompense on day four tonight (AEDT), with South Africa 5-238 in their second innings, ahead by 294 runs.

      Editor: Lifang
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Cricket Australia boss addresses Aussie cheating scandal

      Source: Xinhua 2018-03-25 15:28:14
      [Editor: huaxia]

      SYDNEY, Mar 25 (Xinhua) -- The chief executive officer of Cricket Australia James Sutherland has said Sunday's 'ball-tampering' scandal is a "dark day for the game in Australia."

      During the third Test against South Africa, Australian Cameron Bancroft was caught reaching into his pocket and using a foreign object to scuff the surface of the ball.

      "One of the unique things about the game of cricket is that it's to be played not only within the laws of the game, but in the spirit of the game," Sutherland said.

      "And activities on the field yesterday in Cape Town are neither within the laws of the game or within the spirit of the game."

      "And for us, at Cricket Australia, that's extremely disappointing, but more importantly, for Australian cricket fans, it's extremely disappointing as well."

      At the press conference immediately following the day's play, startled reporters listened to Bancroft and Australian team captain Steve Smith admit to cheating.

      "I saw an opportunity to potentially use some tape and get some granules from the rough patches of the wicket and try to change the ball condition," Bancroft said.

      "It didn't work and once I was sighted on the [stadium] screen I panicked quite a lot, and that resulted in me shoving it [the tape] down my trousers."

      Smith also added that "the leadership group knew about it" and "spoke about it at lunch."

      Despite the shocking confession, Smith said he has no intention to retire as skipper.

      "I won't be considering stepping down, I still think I'm the right person for the job."

      But many former players have spoken out about his leadership following the incident.

      Recently retired former captain Michael Clarke even revealed that he would consider returning to the role, describing the team as the "laughing stock of world sport" on a local television program.

      Fast bowling legend Michael Johnson tweeted he was "shocked and disappointed," while Australia's greatest ever wicket keeper Adam Gilchrist said it's unlikely Smith can continue as skipper.

      The impact of the scandal has been so far reaching that even Australia's Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has weighed in on the embarrassing incident.

      "I've expressed to him [Cricket Australia chairman David Peever] very clearly and unequivocally my disappointment and my concern about the events in South Africa," Turnbull said.

      "It's their responsibility to deal with it but I have to say the whole nation who holds those who wear the baggy green up on a pedestal -- about as high as you can get in Australia, higher than any politician that's for sure -- this is a shocking disappointment and it's wrong and I look forward to Cricket Australia taking decisive action soon."

      In response, Sutherland has sent officials to investigate the incident before he makes a decision on the players' futures.

      Meanwhile, Bancroft has been charged with ball-tampering by the International Cricket Committee and will await a ruling on a suspension.

      Play will recompense on day four tonight (AEDT), with South Africa 5-238 in their second innings, ahead by 294 runs.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001370641671
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产亚洲精品成人aa片新蒲金| 深州市| 亚洲一区二区三在线播放| 精品高清国产乱子伦| 亚洲国模一区二区三区视频| 免费无码av片在线观看软件| 素人激情福利视频| 精品偷拍一区二区视频| 亚洲国产精品无码久久九九大片健| 少妇被又大又粗又爽毛片久久黑人| 久久精品午夜视频| 成人特黄特色毛片免费看| 漂亮人妻不敢呻吟被中出| 成激情人妻视频| 高清国产美女av一区二区| 性感人妻一区二区三区| 欧美精品国产一区二区三区| 韩国19禁无遮挡啪啪无码网站| 熟女丝袜美腿亚洲一区二区三区| 临武县| 亚洲中文一本无码AV在线无码| 欧美中文字幕一区| 久久精品国产亚洲av影院| 国产亚洲女人久久久久久| 欧美国产日本精品一区二区三区 | 久亚洲一线产区二线产区三线产区| 国产中文字幕在线精品| 国产综合色婷婷精品久久| 人妻被猛烈进入中文字幕| 久久中文字幕亚洲精品最新| 在线精品国产中文字幕| 亚洲欧美综合精品成人网站| 欧美日韩亚洲综合久久久| 国产精品亚洲精品日产久久久| 免费大黄网站在线观看| 亚洲精品久久久无码av片软件| 九九精品国产99精品| 啪啪无码人妻丰满熟妇| 漂亮人妻去按摩被按中出| 99久久亚洲综合精品成人网| 国产一区三区五区视频在线观看|