亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Africa  

      About 3,000 Somalis killed or injured by explosive devices in 3 years: UN

      Source: Xinhua   2018-04-04 17:46:35

      MOGADISHU, April 4 (Xinhua) -- At least 3,000 civilians have been either killed or injured by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in Somalia in the past three years, the UN demining agency said on Wednesday.

      The UN Mine-Action Service (UNMAS) said year 2017 was the deadliest, in large part due to an IED attack on Oct. 14 in Mogadishu which killed more than 500 people and injured over 300 in twin bombings.

      "Children accounted for three-quarters of all casualties caused by unexploded ordnance last year," UNMAS said in a statement issued to mark the International Awareness Day which falls on April 4.

      The demining agency said increasing awareness about explosive hazards can save many lives, adding that the threat of improvised explosive devices in Somalia remains an ever-present source of danger.

      "The threat posed by explosive hazards is a grim fact of life for many Somalis, causing the tragic loss of lives and livelihoods and affecting the physical and emotional well-being of people in many parts of the country," UNMAS said.

      UNMAS has been highlighting how mine action operations provide a tangible form of protection, reducing the explosive threats faced by affected communities in Somalia, as well as vulnerable populations such as internally displaced persons and refugees.

      According to UNMAS data, over 70 communities in Somalia benefitted from the clearance of explosive remnants of war in over 450 locations in 2017 alone.

      Similar work, it said, is being carried out currently in more than 40 districts nationwide to rid communities of explosive hazards.

      Abshir Mahdi Isakh, an UNMAS specialist on unexploded ordinance has been educating Somali residents about the risks of explosive devices and carries out demining operations to help keep communities safe.

      "Increasing awareness regarding threats of explosive remnants of war creates room for saving many lives. Nothing is more valuable than knowledge. Awareness is the best solution for this issue," he said.

      Many years of armed conflicts in Somalia have left a lethal legacy of explosive devices, including landmines and explosive remnants of war (ERW) which, according to the UNMAS, affect marginalized communities in conflict-affected areas and along border regions.

      Editor: Jiaxin
      Related News
      Home >> Africa            
      Xinhuanet

      About 3,000 Somalis killed or injured by explosive devices in 3 years: UN

      Source: Xinhua 2018-04-04 17:46:35

      MOGADISHU, April 4 (Xinhua) -- At least 3,000 civilians have been either killed or injured by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in Somalia in the past three years, the UN demining agency said on Wednesday.

      The UN Mine-Action Service (UNMAS) said year 2017 was the deadliest, in large part due to an IED attack on Oct. 14 in Mogadishu which killed more than 500 people and injured over 300 in twin bombings.

      "Children accounted for three-quarters of all casualties caused by unexploded ordnance last year," UNMAS said in a statement issued to mark the International Awareness Day which falls on April 4.

      The demining agency said increasing awareness about explosive hazards can save many lives, adding that the threat of improvised explosive devices in Somalia remains an ever-present source of danger.

      "The threat posed by explosive hazards is a grim fact of life for many Somalis, causing the tragic loss of lives and livelihoods and affecting the physical and emotional well-being of people in many parts of the country," UNMAS said.

      UNMAS has been highlighting how mine action operations provide a tangible form of protection, reducing the explosive threats faced by affected communities in Somalia, as well as vulnerable populations such as internally displaced persons and refugees.

      According to UNMAS data, over 70 communities in Somalia benefitted from the clearance of explosive remnants of war in over 450 locations in 2017 alone.

      Similar work, it said, is being carried out currently in more than 40 districts nationwide to rid communities of explosive hazards.

      Abshir Mahdi Isakh, an UNMAS specialist on unexploded ordinance has been educating Somali residents about the risks of explosive devices and carries out demining operations to help keep communities safe.

      "Increasing awareness regarding threats of explosive remnants of war creates room for saving many lives. Nothing is more valuable than knowledge. Awareness is the best solution for this issue," he said.

      Many years of armed conflicts in Somalia have left a lethal legacy of explosive devices, including landmines and explosive remnants of war (ERW) which, according to the UNMAS, affect marginalized communities in conflict-affected areas and along border regions.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001370882731
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 色窝窝无码一区二区三区2022| 亚洲成网777777国产精品| 国产精品久久九九99九九99| 人伦片无码中文字幕| 亚洲欧美精品网站在线观看| 精品人妻一区二区久久| 精品久久久中文字幕一区| 荥经县| 欧美日韩中文字幕久久伊人| 亚洲avav天堂av在线网爱情| 欧美又粗又大aaa片| 亚洲毛片美女毛片美女| 国产亚洲人成在线影院| 国产盗摄XXXX视频XXXX| 99这里只有是精品2| 日韩精品无码一本二本三本色| 国产精品小仙女自拍视频| 国产在线观看免费一级| 中文字幕在线人妻视频| 国产性一交一乱一伦一色一情| 亚洲精品一区二区三区免费观看| 亚洲国产精品婷婷久久久久| 国产成本人视频在线观看| 女同另类激情在线三区| 免费99视频| 精品人妻中文字幕av| 日韩国精品一区二区a片| 欧美日韩亚洲国产主播第一区| 国产自精品在线| 日本精品极品视频在线| 亚洲电影一区二区| 国产va免费精品高清在线| 免费国产在线精品一区不卡| 亚洲黄色一级高潮大片| 99久久久无码国产精品动漫| 久久婷婷色香五月综合缴缴情 | 欧美日韩免费做爰大片人| AV无码免费不卡在线观看| 国产一区二区三区4区| 中文字幕avdvd| 日韩国产av一区二区三区精品 |