"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Amid wide criticism, Trump escalates trade tensions with China with additional tariff

      Source: Xinhua    2018-04-06 15:23:22

      WASHINGTON, April 6 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday threatened to slap tariffs on 100 billion U.S. dollars of imports from China, drawing strong opposition from China and threatening America's own economic growth.

      China will fight "at any cost" and take "comprehensive countermeasures" if the United States continues its unilateral, protectionist practices, a spokesperson with the Chinese Ministry of Commerce said Friday.

      "On China-U.S. trade, China has made its position very clear. We don't want a trade war, but we are not afraid of such a war," the spokesperson said.

      If the United States continues its protectionism regardless of opposition from China and the international community, China will fight to the end at any cost to "protect the interests of the country and the people," according to the spokesperson.

      Earlier this week, the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) proposed to impose an additional 25 percent tariff on 50 billion dollars of imports from China, which has drawn strong opposition from business groups.

      "In light of China's unfair retaliation, I have instructed the USTR to consider whether 100 billion U.S. dollars of additional tariffs would be appropriate under section 301 and, if so, to identify the products upon which to impose such tariffs," Trump said in a White House statement on Thursday.

      In response to the Trump administration's series of provocative actions, China has said it would defend its national interests against U.S. trade actions and protectionism.

      Trump's actions also stirred up opposition from the American business community, which warns that the United States is heading in the wrong direction by starting a trade war.

      "This is what a trade war looks like, and what we have warned against from the start," said Matthew Shay, president of the National Retail Federation, in a statement on Thursday.

      "We are on a dangerous downward spiral and American families will be on the losing end," he added.

      Shay also said in the statement that these tit-for-tat trade actions could spell disaster for the U.S. economy and make it harder for Americans across the country to afford everyday products and basic necessities.

      The American Soybean Association also denounced the Trump administration's tariff plans, saying that it was extremely frustrated about the potential trade war with China, the largest customer of U.S. soybeans.

      Following the U.S. tariff proposal on Tuesday, China on Wednesday unveiled a list of products worth 50 billion dollars imported from the United States that will be subject to higher tariffs, which included soybean imports.

      China purchases 61 percent of the total U.S. soybean exports, or more than 30 percent of overall U.S. soybean production.

      "A 25-percent tariff on U.S. soybeans into China will have a devastating effect on every soybean farmer in America," John Heisdorffer, president of the American Soybean Association, said in a statement on Wednesday.

      The association has called on the White House to withdraw the tariffs that had led to the retaliation.

      The 100 billion dollars represent about 20 percent of U.S. imports from China last year, some analysts have pointed out. Additional tariffs on these imports would definitely hurt the U.S. economy.

      According to research by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, tariffs on steel and aluminum imports would probably reduce the U.S. gross domestic product by 0.25 percentage point over the long run.

      Mark Zandi, chief economist with the Moody's Analytics, estimated that the Trump administration's recent tariff plans would reduce U.S. economic growth by 0.1 to 0.2 percentage point over the next 12 months.

      If tensions escalate, the drag on the U.S. growth will grow, Zandi warned.

      Editor: Lifang
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Spotlight: Amid wide criticism, Trump escalates trade tensions with China with additional tariff

      Source: Xinhua 2018-04-06 15:23:22

      WASHINGTON, April 6 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday threatened to slap tariffs on 100 billion U.S. dollars of imports from China, drawing strong opposition from China and threatening America's own economic growth.

      China will fight "at any cost" and take "comprehensive countermeasures" if the United States continues its unilateral, protectionist practices, a spokesperson with the Chinese Ministry of Commerce said Friday.

      "On China-U.S. trade, China has made its position very clear. We don't want a trade war, but we are not afraid of such a war," the spokesperson said.

      If the United States continues its protectionism regardless of opposition from China and the international community, China will fight to the end at any cost to "protect the interests of the country and the people," according to the spokesperson.

      Earlier this week, the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) proposed to impose an additional 25 percent tariff on 50 billion dollars of imports from China, which has drawn strong opposition from business groups.

      "In light of China's unfair retaliation, I have instructed the USTR to consider whether 100 billion U.S. dollars of additional tariffs would be appropriate under section 301 and, if so, to identify the products upon which to impose such tariffs," Trump said in a White House statement on Thursday.

      In response to the Trump administration's series of provocative actions, China has said it would defend its national interests against U.S. trade actions and protectionism.

      Trump's actions also stirred up opposition from the American business community, which warns that the United States is heading in the wrong direction by starting a trade war.

      "This is what a trade war looks like, and what we have warned against from the start," said Matthew Shay, president of the National Retail Federation, in a statement on Thursday.

      "We are on a dangerous downward spiral and American families will be on the losing end," he added.

      Shay also said in the statement that these tit-for-tat trade actions could spell disaster for the U.S. economy and make it harder for Americans across the country to afford everyday products and basic necessities.

      The American Soybean Association also denounced the Trump administration's tariff plans, saying that it was extremely frustrated about the potential trade war with China, the largest customer of U.S. soybeans.

      Following the U.S. tariff proposal on Tuesday, China on Wednesday unveiled a list of products worth 50 billion dollars imported from the United States that will be subject to higher tariffs, which included soybean imports.

      China purchases 61 percent of the total U.S. soybean exports, or more than 30 percent of overall U.S. soybean production.

      "A 25-percent tariff on U.S. soybeans into China will have a devastating effect on every soybean farmer in America," John Heisdorffer, president of the American Soybean Association, said in a statement on Wednesday.

      The association has called on the White House to withdraw the tariffs that had led to the retaliation.

      The 100 billion dollars represent about 20 percent of U.S. imports from China last year, some analysts have pointed out. Additional tariffs on these imports would definitely hurt the U.S. economy.

      According to research by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, tariffs on steel and aluminum imports would probably reduce the U.S. gross domestic product by 0.25 percentage point over the long run.

      Mark Zandi, chief economist with the Moody's Analytics, estimated that the Trump administration's recent tariff plans would reduce U.S. economic growth by 0.1 to 0.2 percentage point over the next 12 months.

      If tensions escalate, the drag on the U.S. growth will grow, Zandi warned.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001370919351
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 99久久精品费精品国产一区二| av网站在线观看华人免费| 国产青青草久久亚洲精品| 国产精品白浆视频一区| 亚洲一级色| 在线a人片免费观看| 国产精品一区成人亚洲| 久久国产精品男人的天堂av| 辽中县| 国内精品一区二区2021在线 | 欧美成人www免费全部网站| 亚洲天堂福利视频| 日本中文一区二区三区亚洲| 一区二区av日韩免费| 少妇一级aa一区二区三区片 | 亚洲av无码乱码在线观看野外 | 中文精品久久久久中文| 激情综合网缴情五月天| 麻花影视在线看电视剧软件| 亚洲国产中文欧美在线人成大黄瓜| 成人无码视频| 国产精品不卡一二三区| av狼人婷婷久久亚洲综合| 免费无码又爽又刺激激情视频软件| 久久久久久久久国内精品影视| 搡老女人老妇女老熟妇69| 开心五月婷婷综合网站| 人妻少妇被猛烈进入中文字| 久久精品国产亚洲AV成人公司| 一本加勒比hezyo无码视频| 高中女无套中出17p| 女人的天堂av在线播放| 国产精品一区二区三区性色| 精品囯产成人国产在线观看| 久久国产成人高清精品亚洲| 澳门| 无码成人片一区二区三区| 人妻丰满熟妇AV无码区乱| 国内精品久久久久影院日本| 国产亚洲综合欧美视频| 国产高清视频一区二区乱|