亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Over 100 retired U.S. generals question Trump's pick for CIA Director
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-04-24 00:23:48 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: U.S. President Donald Trump delivers a speech at the White House, the United States, on April 12, 2018. (Xinhua/Yang Chenglin)

      WASHINGTON, April 23 (Xinhua) -- As many as 109 retired U.S. generals and admirals on Monday issued a joint letter urging the U.S. Senate to "examine closely" President Donald Trump's nominee Gina Haspel for CIA Director over her role in dealing with U.S. overseas "black sites" where terror suspects were tortured last decade.

      "We write to express our profound concern about the nomination of Gina Haspel to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). We urge you to examine closely the full extent of Ms. Haspel's involvement in the rendition, detention, and interrogation program," said the letter posted on Human Rights First.

      "Should you find that she played any role in carrying out, supervising, or directing the torture or abuse of people in U.S. custody, or the destruction of evidence relating to these activities, we urge you to reject her nomination," the former U.S. military leaders wrote.

      "We do not accept efforts to excuse her actions relating to torture and other unlawful abuse of detainees by offering that she was 'just following orders,' or that shock from the 9/11 terrorist attacks should excuse illegal and unethical conduct," they said.

      In the letter, the former U.S. military leaders also suggested senators ask for a full declassification, with necessary redactions, of information related to Haspel's involvement in the Bush administration's "enhanced interrogation" programs which allow torture and other unlawful abuse of detainees.

      "If the record shows that Ms. Haspel played any role in carrying out, supervising, or directing any form of torture or detainee abuse, or the destruction of evidence relating to these activities, we urge you to reject her nomination," the retired generals and admirals wrote.

      The letter cites reports that Haspel, who has worked at the CIA since 1985, ran a CIA "black site" at which at least one detainee, Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, was repeatedly tortured, including by waterboarding.

      Furthermore, in 2005, Haspel was alleged to have played a key role in the destruction of videotapes documenting these interrogations within the CIA. The decision was made by Jose Rodriguez, then head of the CIA clandestine service. Haspel served as his chief of staff at the time.

      The CIA declassified a memo last week and concluded Haspel "acted appropriately" in carrying out the orders to destroy these videotapes as evidence. Human Rights First said as many as 92 videotapes of individuals in U.S. custody being subjected to torture were destroyed under the order, despite federal court orders requiring preservation of all records pertaining to detainee abuse.

      Haspel is currently the deputy director of the CIA and was nominated in March to replace CIA Director Mike Pompeo, Trump's pick for the next Secretary of State. Her confirmation hearing in the Senate has been set for May 9.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Over 100 retired U.S. generals question Trump's pick for CIA Director

      Source: Xinhua 2018-04-24 00:23:48

      File Photo: U.S. President Donald Trump delivers a speech at the White House, the United States, on April 12, 2018. (Xinhua/Yang Chenglin)

      WASHINGTON, April 23 (Xinhua) -- As many as 109 retired U.S. generals and admirals on Monday issued a joint letter urging the U.S. Senate to "examine closely" President Donald Trump's nominee Gina Haspel for CIA Director over her role in dealing with U.S. overseas "black sites" where terror suspects were tortured last decade.

      "We write to express our profound concern about the nomination of Gina Haspel to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). We urge you to examine closely the full extent of Ms. Haspel's involvement in the rendition, detention, and interrogation program," said the letter posted on Human Rights First.

      "Should you find that she played any role in carrying out, supervising, or directing the torture or abuse of people in U.S. custody, or the destruction of evidence relating to these activities, we urge you to reject her nomination," the former U.S. military leaders wrote.

      "We do not accept efforts to excuse her actions relating to torture and other unlawful abuse of detainees by offering that she was 'just following orders,' or that shock from the 9/11 terrorist attacks should excuse illegal and unethical conduct," they said.

      In the letter, the former U.S. military leaders also suggested senators ask for a full declassification, with necessary redactions, of information related to Haspel's involvement in the Bush administration's "enhanced interrogation" programs which allow torture and other unlawful abuse of detainees.

      "If the record shows that Ms. Haspel played any role in carrying out, supervising, or directing any form of torture or detainee abuse, or the destruction of evidence relating to these activities, we urge you to reject her nomination," the retired generals and admirals wrote.

      The letter cites reports that Haspel, who has worked at the CIA since 1985, ran a CIA "black site" at which at least one detainee, Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, was repeatedly tortured, including by waterboarding.

      Furthermore, in 2005, Haspel was alleged to have played a key role in the destruction of videotapes documenting these interrogations within the CIA. The decision was made by Jose Rodriguez, then head of the CIA clandestine service. Haspel served as his chief of staff at the time.

      The CIA declassified a memo last week and concluded Haspel "acted appropriately" in carrying out the orders to destroy these videotapes as evidence. Human Rights First said as many as 92 videotapes of individuals in U.S. custody being subjected to torture were destroyed under the order, despite federal court orders requiring preservation of all records pertaining to detainee abuse.

      Haspel is currently the deputy director of the CIA and was nominated in March to replace CIA Director Mike Pompeo, Trump's pick for the next Secretary of State. Her confirmation hearing in the Senate has been set for May 9.

      010020070750000000000000011100001371316751
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 麻豆精品一区二区综合av| 乱人伦视频69| 免费国产一级片内射老| 人妻少妇久久精品一区二区| 免费毛片在线视频| 欧美成人免费看片一区| 亚洲精品中文字幕不卡在线| 久在线精品视频线观看| 国产成人精品亚洲午夜| 小粉嫩直流白浆| 免费观看又色又爽又湿的软件| 在线无码不卡app| 亚洲av岛国片在线观看| 亚洲美女av日韩一区| 国产在线美女| 中文字幕午夜五月一二| 日本不卡一区二区三区| 韩国无码AV片在线观看网站| 加勒比在线一区二区三区| 国产成人自拍小视频在线| 亚洲熟女av超清一区二区三区| 国产精品美女久久久久浪潮AVⅤ| 无码高潮喷水专区久久| 久久精品国产一区二区三| 91福利国产在线在线播放| 亚洲精品女同午夜在线| 国产一区二区精品久久凹凸| 体验区试看120秒啪啪免费| 国产精品毛片av999999| 亚洲九九夜夜| 无码中文字幕专区一二三| 日韩av在线毛片| 亚洲a∨精品永久无码| 免费人成小说在线观看网站| 久久香蕉国产线看观看精品蕉 | 国产精品久久综合桃花网| 国产一区二区无码蜜芽精品| 亚洲区福利视频免费看| 国产一级淫片免费大片| 日产国产精品一区二区| 国产在线不卡免费播放|