亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Africa  

      Red Cross halts operations in northern S. Sudan after gun attack

      Source: Xinhua   2018-04-24 00:43:52

      JUBA, April 23 (Xinhua) -- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said on Monday that it has suspended aid delivery in the northern South Sudanese region of Leer, following a gun attack on its compound.

      The ICRC said in a statement that armed men fired shots at its base in Leer on the night of April 10, injuring one of its security guards in the leg.

      The relief agency said it has halted distribution of much needed seeds and farming tools to an estimated 24,600 people due to safety concerns.

      "We are shocked and disappointed by this attack, which is not only an attack on the ICRC, but also on the people we are here to assist," said Francois Stamm, the ICRC's head of delegation in South Sudan.

      "Aid workers are not a target and attacks such as this only compound the suffering of the South Sudanese people," he added.

      Stamm said security conditions for humanitarian workers have deteriorated in recent weeks in the region, adding that the suspension of aid operations there would hamper efforts to fight worsening food insecurity.

      "This attack has meant that 16,000 people have now been left without the supplies they need to plant their crops at a time when food security is worsening across the country," said Stamm.

      Leer was one of two areas where famine was officially declared in the world's youngest nation last year, and it also remains a major flashpoint in the country's nearly five-year-long civil war.

      This was the second time in less than a year that the Red Cross suspended operations in parts of South Sudan.

      In September last year, the ICRC briefly stopped operations after one of its drivers was shot dead during a road ambush in the former Western Equatoria State.

      "We take this opportunity to remind all parties to the conflict that any attack on humanitarian aid workers is unacceptable and a violation of international humanitarian law," Stamm stressed.

      The UN has described South Sudan as one of the deadliest countries for the delivery of humanitarian aid. At least 90 aid workers have been killed and dozens captured by armed groups since the east African country slid into violence in December 2013.

      Editor: yan
      Related News
      Home >> Africa            
      Xinhuanet

      Red Cross halts operations in northern S. Sudan after gun attack

      Source: Xinhua 2018-04-24 00:43:52

      JUBA, April 23 (Xinhua) -- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said on Monday that it has suspended aid delivery in the northern South Sudanese region of Leer, following a gun attack on its compound.

      The ICRC said in a statement that armed men fired shots at its base in Leer on the night of April 10, injuring one of its security guards in the leg.

      The relief agency said it has halted distribution of much needed seeds and farming tools to an estimated 24,600 people due to safety concerns.

      "We are shocked and disappointed by this attack, which is not only an attack on the ICRC, but also on the people we are here to assist," said Francois Stamm, the ICRC's head of delegation in South Sudan.

      "Aid workers are not a target and attacks such as this only compound the suffering of the South Sudanese people," he added.

      Stamm said security conditions for humanitarian workers have deteriorated in recent weeks in the region, adding that the suspension of aid operations there would hamper efforts to fight worsening food insecurity.

      "This attack has meant that 16,000 people have now been left without the supplies they need to plant their crops at a time when food security is worsening across the country," said Stamm.

      Leer was one of two areas where famine was officially declared in the world's youngest nation last year, and it also remains a major flashpoint in the country's nearly five-year-long civil war.

      This was the second time in less than a year that the Red Cross suspended operations in parts of South Sudan.

      In September last year, the ICRC briefly stopped operations after one of its drivers was shot dead during a road ambush in the former Western Equatoria State.

      "We take this opportunity to remind all parties to the conflict that any attack on humanitarian aid workers is unacceptable and a violation of international humanitarian law," Stamm stressed.

      The UN has described South Sudan as one of the deadliest countries for the delivery of humanitarian aid. At least 90 aid workers have been killed and dozens captured by armed groups since the east African country slid into violence in December 2013.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105521371316881
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 午夜影院91| 中文字幕久久波多野结衣av不卡 | 国产av成人精品播放| 国产午夜亚洲精品不卡免下载| 久久久久无码精品国| 伊人久久大香线蕉亚洲五月天| 丰满人妻被猛烈进入无码| 精品日韩精品国产另类专区| 亚洲成Av人片不卡无码观看| 亚洲午夜看片无码| 激情五月天伊人久久| 日本护士野外xxxhd| 麻豆AV无码久久精品蜜桃久久| 亚洲精品岛国片在线观看| 蜜臀av一区二区三区人妻在线| 蜜桃视频在线免费观看一区二区| 杂多县| 国产中文字幕乱码在线| 欧美成人中文字幕| 国产做国产爱免费视频| 内射视频福利在线观看| 长腿校花无力呻吟娇喘的视频| 色综合久久久中文字幕精品1| 日韩精品一区二区在线看| 亚洲精品天堂在线观看| 偷拍视频网站一区二区| 色哟哟av网站在线观看| 精品国产一区二区三区麻豆| 亚洲中文字幕无线无码毛片| 亚洲精品国产二区三区在线| 亚洲伊人久久综合精品| 精品久久久久久电影院| 插进去内射视频免费观看| 国产不卡精品视频男人的天堂 | 九九久久亚洲精品美国国内| 18禁精品一区二区三区| 被欺辱的高贵人妻被中出| 日韩在线观看 一区二区| 99久久国产综合精品swag| 韩国深夜福利视频在线观看 | 在线播放国产精品自拍|