"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      10 killed, 15 injured after van plows into Toronto pedestrians

      Source: Xinhua    2018-04-24 14:12:02

      TORONTO, April 23 (Xinhua) -- Ten people were killed and 15 others injured after a driver plowed his white rented van into a lunch-hour crowd on a sidewalk in Toronto on Monday in what was described by police as a deliberate attack.

      The incident - which Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called a "tragic and senseless attack" - was one of the most violent in recent Canadian history.

      Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders said a suspect identified as Alek Minassian, a 25-year-old from the Toronto suburb, has been detained.

      However, the motive of the attack is still unknown and Toronto police have no file record on this suspect, the police chief added.

      The driver was heading south on busy Yonge Street at around 1:30 p.m. (1730 GMT) and the streets were crowded with people enjoying an unseasonably warm day when the van plowed into the pedestrians.

      The incident occurred about 29 km from the city center, where foreign ministers from the G7 countries were meeting to discuss world issues.

      Video broadcasts on several Canadian outlets showed police arresting the suspect, dressed in dark clothes, after officers surrounded him and his van several blocks from where the incident took place in the North York neighborhood of northern Toronto. He appeared to make some sort of gesture at the police with an object in his hand just before they ordered him to lie down on the ground and took him away.

      Police cordoned off several city blocks and Toronto Transit Commission has sent an alert, saying that there is no subway service between Sheppard and Finch Stations as Toronto Police are conducting investigation at Sheppard Station.

      "The actions definitely looked deliberate," Saunders told a news conference on Monday night close to the site of the incident.

      Asked if there was any evidence of a connection with international terrorism, the chief said: "Based on what we have, there's nothing that has it to compromise the national security at this time."

      "The investigation is at a stage where no further information can be confirmed at this point. The police are conducting obviously their thorough investigation to determine what happened and why it happened, the motivations involved," Canadian Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale said at the press conference.

      "I can assure the public all our available resources have been brought in to investigate this tragic situation," Toronto Police Services Deputy Chief Peter Yuen said earlier.

      At least seven people were rushed to nearby Sunnybrook Health Services Center's trauma center, the hospital said on Twitter, adding that the emergency department has been locked down as an added precaution.

      Ryder System Inc spokeswoman Claudia Panfil confirmed that one of the company's rental vehicles had been involved and said the company was cooperating with authorities.

      Goodale called the incident a "horrific attack" and said the G7 foreign ministers extended their condolences.

      "We should all feel safe walking in our cities and communities," Trudeau said in a statement on Monday.

      "We are monitoring this situation closely, and will continue working with our law enforcement partners around the country to ensure the safety and security of all Canadians," he added.

      Editor: Chengcheng
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      10 killed, 15 injured after van plows into Toronto pedestrians

      Source: Xinhua 2018-04-24 14:12:02

      TORONTO, April 23 (Xinhua) -- Ten people were killed and 15 others injured after a driver plowed his white rented van into a lunch-hour crowd on a sidewalk in Toronto on Monday in what was described by police as a deliberate attack.

      The incident - which Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called a "tragic and senseless attack" - was one of the most violent in recent Canadian history.

      Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders said a suspect identified as Alek Minassian, a 25-year-old from the Toronto suburb, has been detained.

      However, the motive of the attack is still unknown and Toronto police have no file record on this suspect, the police chief added.

      The driver was heading south on busy Yonge Street at around 1:30 p.m. (1730 GMT) and the streets were crowded with people enjoying an unseasonably warm day when the van plowed into the pedestrians.

      The incident occurred about 29 km from the city center, where foreign ministers from the G7 countries were meeting to discuss world issues.

      Video broadcasts on several Canadian outlets showed police arresting the suspect, dressed in dark clothes, after officers surrounded him and his van several blocks from where the incident took place in the North York neighborhood of northern Toronto. He appeared to make some sort of gesture at the police with an object in his hand just before they ordered him to lie down on the ground and took him away.

      Police cordoned off several city blocks and Toronto Transit Commission has sent an alert, saying that there is no subway service between Sheppard and Finch Stations as Toronto Police are conducting investigation at Sheppard Station.

      "The actions definitely looked deliberate," Saunders told a news conference on Monday night close to the site of the incident.

      Asked if there was any evidence of a connection with international terrorism, the chief said: "Based on what we have, there's nothing that has it to compromise the national security at this time."

      "The investigation is at a stage where no further information can be confirmed at this point. The police are conducting obviously their thorough investigation to determine what happened and why it happened, the motivations involved," Canadian Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale said at the press conference.

      "I can assure the public all our available resources have been brought in to investigate this tragic situation," Toronto Police Services Deputy Chief Peter Yuen said earlier.

      At least seven people were rushed to nearby Sunnybrook Health Services Center's trauma center, the hospital said on Twitter, adding that the emergency department has been locked down as an added precaution.

      Ryder System Inc spokeswoman Claudia Panfil confirmed that one of the company's rental vehicles had been involved and said the company was cooperating with authorities.

      Goodale called the incident a "horrific attack" and said the G7 foreign ministers extended their condolences.

      "We should all feel safe walking in our cities and communities," Trudeau said in a statement on Monday.

      "We are monitoring this situation closely, and will continue working with our law enforcement partners around the country to ensure the safety and security of all Canadians," he added.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001371332851
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 看全色黄大色大片免费久久久| 免费一区二三区三区蜜桃| 成人3D动漫一区二区三区| 亚洲色图视频在线播放| 久久99久久99精品观看| 久久精品免费无码区| 国产成人午夜福利精品| 黄页网址大全免费观看| 亚洲av永久无码精品成人| 科技| 国产亚洲精品性爱视频| 男女啪啪18禁无遮挡激烈| 性虎精品无码AV导航| 亚洲中文字幕麻豆一区| 久久av高潮av喷水av无码| 亚洲一区二区在线av| 成人网站免费观看永久视频下载| 久久久精品国产亚洲av日韩| 中文字幕亚洲人妻系列| 影音先锋AV成人资源站在线播放| 久久亚洲精品成人综合网| 中文字幕亚洲好看有码| 额济纳旗| 久久国产精品岛国搬运工| 国产亚洲精品拍拍拍拍拍| 无码天堂亚洲国产AV| 和龙市| 国产美女被遭强高潮露开双腿| 国产av普通话对白国语| 日本在线a一区视频| 滦南县| jiZZ国产在线女人水多| 亚洲国产超清无码专区| 国产91一区二这在线播放| 最新国产女主播福利在线观看| 国产乱色熟女一二三四区| 亚洲欧洲自拍拍偷午夜色| 日本一区二区在线资源| 蜜桃成人永久免费av大| 国产成人精品日本亚洲语音1| 综合色区亚洲熟妇另类|