"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Opposition figure disqualified to contest in Malaysia's election after high court decision
      Source: Xinhua   2018-05-04 11:52:24

      KUALA LUMPUR, May 4 (Xinhua) -- The Malaysian High Court dashed the hope of an opposition figure on Friday after it dismissed a suit by Chua Tian Chang, vice president of the People's Justice Party, to challenge the disqualification decision of the Election Commission (EC).

      The ruling of the high court will deal a heavy blow to Chua, a former parliament member who is attempting to hold his position in the upcoming election, which falls on May 9. It also bodes ill for the opposition alliance, which is pinning its hope on every possible seat taken to win the election.

      Chua failed to secure a nomination last week, after returning officer from the EC Anwar Mohd Zain rejected him based on a fine of 2,000 ringgit (508.2 U.S. dollars), issued by a court last year for insulting a police officer.

      Anwar said the clause in the constitution, that any parliament member given a fine of "no less than 2,000 ringgit" shall lose his seat or disqualified to contest, means that Chua would only be qualified to contest should the fine be 1,999.99 ringgit or less.

      But Chua argued that in the previous election in 2013, he was allowed to contest though he was also given a fine of 2,000 ringgit by the court then. He asked the High Court in his suit to overthrow the EC's decision.

      The incident marked the escalation of more finger-pointing and chaos in the run-up to the polling day, as both the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition and the opposition alliance accused each other of conspiracy and undermining each other.

      Last Friday, Mahathir Mohamad, a high-flying former prime minister now leading the opposition, accused the government of sabotaging a plane he chartered to fly to his nomination place in the northern island of Langkawi, where he will be contesting a parliament seat.

      Mahathir said he finally managed to borrow a friend's plane to fly to Langkawi, after several requests were turned down, indicating the government pressured people not to lend their planes to him.

      Malaysia's Civil Aviation Authority issued a statement afterwards saying there was no sign of sabotage. Then, the police said they were investigating Mahathir for spreading fake news to make political gains.

      Editor: Yurou
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Opposition figure disqualified to contest in Malaysia's election after high court decision

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-04 11:52:24
      [Editor: huaxia]

      KUALA LUMPUR, May 4 (Xinhua) -- The Malaysian High Court dashed the hope of an opposition figure on Friday after it dismissed a suit by Chua Tian Chang, vice president of the People's Justice Party, to challenge the disqualification decision of the Election Commission (EC).

      The ruling of the high court will deal a heavy blow to Chua, a former parliament member who is attempting to hold his position in the upcoming election, which falls on May 9. It also bodes ill for the opposition alliance, which is pinning its hope on every possible seat taken to win the election.

      Chua failed to secure a nomination last week, after returning officer from the EC Anwar Mohd Zain rejected him based on a fine of 2,000 ringgit (508.2 U.S. dollars), issued by a court last year for insulting a police officer.

      Anwar said the clause in the constitution, that any parliament member given a fine of "no less than 2,000 ringgit" shall lose his seat or disqualified to contest, means that Chua would only be qualified to contest should the fine be 1,999.99 ringgit or less.

      But Chua argued that in the previous election in 2013, he was allowed to contest though he was also given a fine of 2,000 ringgit by the court then. He asked the High Court in his suit to overthrow the EC's decision.

      The incident marked the escalation of more finger-pointing and chaos in the run-up to the polling day, as both the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition and the opposition alliance accused each other of conspiracy and undermining each other.

      Last Friday, Mahathir Mohamad, a high-flying former prime minister now leading the opposition, accused the government of sabotaging a plane he chartered to fly to his nomination place in the northern island of Langkawi, where he will be contesting a parliament seat.

      Mahathir said he finally managed to borrow a friend's plane to fly to Langkawi, after several requests were turned down, indicating the government pressured people not to lend their planes to him.

      Malaysia's Civil Aviation Authority issued a statement afterwards saying there was no sign of sabotage. Then, the police said they were investigating Mahathir for spreading fake news to make political gains.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001371556071
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 99国产精品无码专区| 久久网站视频免费观看| 国产精品国产三级国产在线观| 亚洲女同同性少妇熟女| 在线免费观看黄色国产| 91极品尤物国产在线播放| 亚洲妇女av一区二区| 自偷自拍亚洲综合精品图片| 蜜桃臀AV高潮无码| 亚洲av套图一区二区| 青青草免费在线播放视频五月天 | 国产97在线 | 日韩| 亚洲电影天堂在线国语对白| 最新亚洲人成网站在线影院| 在线精品国产中文字幕| 免费在线观看国产黄色| 女人高潮呻吟在线观看| 国产精品电影久久久久电影网| 亚洲精品人成网线在线| 久久国产精品免费一区二区| av网站可以直接看的| 亚洲午夜无码久久yy6080| 国语对白爽死我了| 国产92成人精品视频免费| 精品无吗国产一区二区三区av| 盐源县| 欧美深夜福利视频| 久久精品无码专区免费青青| 日韩中文字幕av有码| 平江县| 亚洲综合久久1区2区3区| 这里只有精品免费视频| 亚洲免费人成网站在线观看| 99久久久国产精品系列| 精品丝袜国产在线播放| 亚洲制服丝袜第一页| 色伦专区97中文字幕| 久久91精品国产91久久麻豆| 久久精品爱国产免费久久| 99久久精品免费看国产| 麻豆国产成人AV|