亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Africa  

      Somalia says ready to take over security tasks from AU troops

      Source: Xinhua   2018-05-13 22:06:03

      MOGADISHU, May 13 (Xinhua) -- The Somali government has assured the African Union (AU) and the United Nations of its commitment to take over security responsibilities from the AU troops in the country as stipulated in the transition plan.

      National Security Advisor of the government, Abdisaid Musse Ali, told a joint team from the AU and the UN reviewing the Mission that there was political will from the presidency and the government that was ready to handle the country's security.

      "The transition plan represents a significant change in the planning and delivery of security in Somalia. It's not business as usual," he said in a statement issued on Sunday from AMISOM.

      "For many years, Somalia has been grateful for the strong support of our international partners which has allowed the country to make progress," he added during a high-level of AU-UN joint review team and international partners held in Mogadishu.

      Ali asked the team not to judge Somalia by its past but what it is today and what it will be in future, noting that the transition plan is aimed at securing Somalia, through the implementation of the security architecture developed and adopted by the government in 2017.

      The AU-UN joint review team is in Somalia meeting various stakeholders and will present its report to the UN Security Council ahead of a meeting to decide on the extension of AMISOM's mandate which expires on May 31.

      Francisco Madeira, the Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission (SRCC) for Somalia said the peacekeeping force had always had an exit strategy.

      Madeira who is also the head of AMISOM said the Mission has fully identified itself with the transition plan developed by the Somali government, with the help of development partners.

      "All the things that are showing up now, in this transition plan, were already at the centre of AMISOM's action plan. We need to build a state and building a state meant the Somalis needed to take responsibility not only of the military but also of the administration of the country," he added.

      Madeira added that the peacekeeping force had envisaged the transition plan in driving out al-Shabab in most places and rebuilding institutions that are now ready to be handed over to the Somali government.

      He said he had seen profound determination from the government to take over the responsibilities currently being undertaken by AMISOM in the country.

      AMISOM has developed conditions-based transition plan to transfer the national security responsibility from the AU troops to the Somali security forces guided by the rule of law and respect for human rights.

      According to AU mission, the tasks which will be undertaken through joint efforts between AMISOM and Somalia National Army include securing of Main Supply Routes, securing of key population centres; as well as mentoring the Somali security forces in the military and Police.

      Walid Musa Abdelkarim, the head of the UN delegation to the Joint AU-UN Review of AMISOM, acknowledged that there had been significant political progress since the joint mission was in Somalia a year ago.

      "We now are convinced that the geopolitical position or status of Somalia is rising, increasing every day because of global events and therefore we will have this time a more serious tone in what we do," Abdelkarim noted.

      Editor: Yamei
      Related News
      Home >> Africa            
      Xinhuanet

      Somalia says ready to take over security tasks from AU troops

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-13 22:06:03

      MOGADISHU, May 13 (Xinhua) -- The Somali government has assured the African Union (AU) and the United Nations of its commitment to take over security responsibilities from the AU troops in the country as stipulated in the transition plan.

      National Security Advisor of the government, Abdisaid Musse Ali, told a joint team from the AU and the UN reviewing the Mission that there was political will from the presidency and the government that was ready to handle the country's security.

      "The transition plan represents a significant change in the planning and delivery of security in Somalia. It's not business as usual," he said in a statement issued on Sunday from AMISOM.

      "For many years, Somalia has been grateful for the strong support of our international partners which has allowed the country to make progress," he added during a high-level of AU-UN joint review team and international partners held in Mogadishu.

      Ali asked the team not to judge Somalia by its past but what it is today and what it will be in future, noting that the transition plan is aimed at securing Somalia, through the implementation of the security architecture developed and adopted by the government in 2017.

      The AU-UN joint review team is in Somalia meeting various stakeholders and will present its report to the UN Security Council ahead of a meeting to decide on the extension of AMISOM's mandate which expires on May 31.

      Francisco Madeira, the Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission (SRCC) for Somalia said the peacekeeping force had always had an exit strategy.

      Madeira who is also the head of AMISOM said the Mission has fully identified itself with the transition plan developed by the Somali government, with the help of development partners.

      "All the things that are showing up now, in this transition plan, were already at the centre of AMISOM's action plan. We need to build a state and building a state meant the Somalis needed to take responsibility not only of the military but also of the administration of the country," he added.

      Madeira added that the peacekeeping force had envisaged the transition plan in driving out al-Shabab in most places and rebuilding institutions that are now ready to be handed over to the Somali government.

      He said he had seen profound determination from the government to take over the responsibilities currently being undertaken by AMISOM in the country.

      AMISOM has developed conditions-based transition plan to transfer the national security responsibility from the AU troops to the Somali security forces guided by the rule of law and respect for human rights.

      According to AU mission, the tasks which will be undertaken through joint efforts between AMISOM and Somalia National Army include securing of Main Supply Routes, securing of key population centres; as well as mentoring the Somali security forces in the military and Police.

      Walid Musa Abdelkarim, the head of the UN delegation to the Joint AU-UN Review of AMISOM, acknowledged that there had been significant political progress since the joint mission was in Somalia a year ago.

      "We now are convinced that the geopolitical position or status of Somalia is rising, increasing every day because of global events and therefore we will have this time a more serious tone in what we do," Abdelkarim noted.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011103261371762191
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 波多野吉衣av无码| 亚洲成精品动漫久久精久| 亚洲av激情久久精品人| 亚洲香蕉毛片久久网站老妇人| 一区二区三区免费视频网站| 国产av一区二区三区福利| 丝袜美腿亚洲综合伊人| 一区二区亚洲 av免费| 亚洲精品天堂在线观看| 蜜桃视频一区在线观看| 曰本女人牲交全视频免费播放| 久久精品国产99精品国产亚洲性色| 欧美黑人激情性久久| 国产精品毛片一区二区在线看| 国产精品99久久免费观看| 国产精品九九久久一区hh| 五月综合婷婷开心综合婷婷| 热re99久久精品国99热| 亚洲一区二区三区中文视频| 激,情四虎欧美视频图片| 伊人不卡中文字幕在线一区二区| 国产激情一区二区三区成人免费| 在线观看精品国产福利片100| 国产一区二区在线影院| 欧美xxxxx高潮喷水| 天堂视频一区二区免费在线观看| 一级内射片在线网站观看视频| 新久久久高清黄色国产| 亚洲色欧美在线影院| AV无码国产在线看免费网站| 亚洲AV乱码毛片在线播放| 亚洲成av人片在线播放| 玖玖资源站无码专区| 欧美一级高清片久久99| 日韩精品成人一区二区三区久久久| 精品一区二区三区四区少妇| 久久亚洲伊人| 中文精品一卡2卡3卡4卡| 在线无码不卡app| 日本高清中文字幕二区在线| 日韩中文字幕区一区有砖一区|