"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo blames Europe for not acceding to U.S. requirements to "fix" Iran nuke deal

      Source: Xinhua    2018-05-14 10:58:22

      WASHINGTON, May 13 (Xinhua) -- The European parties to the Iran nuclear deal have refused to accede to the United States and fix the deal signed in 2015 before the United States announced its exit, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told local media on Sunday.

      "We did try. The President set out a set of objectives. He tasked me in my first couple of weeks to work with the Europeans to try and do it, although the work had been ongoing before I arrived at the State Department," he said in an interview with CBS's Face the Nation.

      "And at no time were we able to reach an agreement," said the top U.S. diplomat. "The Europeans simply wouldn't accede to the requirements to fix the deal."

      "They had some 90 days to do so," he added, referring to U.S. President Donald Trump's threat to Europe in January that if it could not come up with plans to fix the "flaws" in the deal, Washington will exit immediately in May.

      Trump announced the country's exit from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) with Iran on Tuesday.

      The JCPOA was signed between Iran and the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council (China, the United States, Britain, France, and Russia) plus the European Union (EU) and Germany in 2015.

      It froze the Iranian nuclear program in exchange for a gradual normalization of Iran's economic and political relations with the international community, and the end of sanctions.

      Referring to the U.S. exit, Pompeo told Fox News on Sunday that "we couldn't reach an agreement with our E3 partners," namely Britain, France and Germany.

      He said the U.S. "sanctions regime that is now in place is very clear about what the requirements are," hinting that Washington is prepared to go after European companies and allies if they continue to do business with Iran.

      U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin said last Tuesday that "sanctions will be reimposed subject to certain 90-day and 180-day wind-down periods. At the conclusion of the wind-down periods, the applicable sanctions will come back into full effect."

      French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire later responded that Europe should not accept the United States' playing the role of the "world's economic police," or become U.S. "vassals" that "obey decisions taken by the United States while clinging to the hem of their trousers."

      Despite the escalating trans-Atlantic tensions, Pompeo said on Sunday that Washington will continue to work with Brussels to work on a new deal.

      "I'm hopeful in the days and weeks ahead, we can come up with a deal that really works, that really protects the world from Iranian bad behavior, not just their nuclear program, but there missiles and their malign behavior as well," he said.

      On the Iranian side, President Hassan Rouhani said on Sunday that Tehran will adhere to the international nuclear deal if the country's interests are secured by other parties to the agreement.

      "If the remaining five countries in the deal live up to their commitments and guarantee Iran's interests, the agreement will survive," he said during a meeting with visiting Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena.

      Editor: ZX
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo blames Europe for not acceding to U.S. requirements to "fix" Iran nuke deal

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-14 10:58:22

      WASHINGTON, May 13 (Xinhua) -- The European parties to the Iran nuclear deal have refused to accede to the United States and fix the deal signed in 2015 before the United States announced its exit, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told local media on Sunday.

      "We did try. The President set out a set of objectives. He tasked me in my first couple of weeks to work with the Europeans to try and do it, although the work had been ongoing before I arrived at the State Department," he said in an interview with CBS's Face the Nation.

      "And at no time were we able to reach an agreement," said the top U.S. diplomat. "The Europeans simply wouldn't accede to the requirements to fix the deal."

      "They had some 90 days to do so," he added, referring to U.S. President Donald Trump's threat to Europe in January that if it could not come up with plans to fix the "flaws" in the deal, Washington will exit immediately in May.

      Trump announced the country's exit from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) with Iran on Tuesday.

      The JCPOA was signed between Iran and the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council (China, the United States, Britain, France, and Russia) plus the European Union (EU) and Germany in 2015.

      It froze the Iranian nuclear program in exchange for a gradual normalization of Iran's economic and political relations with the international community, and the end of sanctions.

      Referring to the U.S. exit, Pompeo told Fox News on Sunday that "we couldn't reach an agreement with our E3 partners," namely Britain, France and Germany.

      He said the U.S. "sanctions regime that is now in place is very clear about what the requirements are," hinting that Washington is prepared to go after European companies and allies if they continue to do business with Iran.

      U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin said last Tuesday that "sanctions will be reimposed subject to certain 90-day and 180-day wind-down periods. At the conclusion of the wind-down periods, the applicable sanctions will come back into full effect."

      French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire later responded that Europe should not accept the United States' playing the role of the "world's economic police," or become U.S. "vassals" that "obey decisions taken by the United States while clinging to the hem of their trousers."

      Despite the escalating trans-Atlantic tensions, Pompeo said on Sunday that Washington will continue to work with Brussels to work on a new deal.

      "I'm hopeful in the days and weeks ahead, we can come up with a deal that really works, that really protects the world from Iranian bad behavior, not just their nuclear program, but there missiles and their malign behavior as well," he said.

      On the Iranian side, President Hassan Rouhani said on Sunday that Tehran will adhere to the international nuclear deal if the country's interests are secured by other parties to the agreement.

      "If the remaining five countries in the deal live up to their commitments and guarantee Iran's interests, the agreement will survive," he said during a meeting with visiting Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001371773901
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品国产一区二区三区在线观看| 精品中文字幕一二三四区人妻| 国产精品伦人视频免费看| 国产强伦姧在线观看| 亚洲色图综合免费视频| 亚洲老熟妇愉情magnet| 日本中文字幕不卡在线一区二区| 国产日产欧洲无码视频无遮挡| 久久99精品国产自在现线小黄鸭| 很黄很色的动态图| 天堂亚洲免费视频| 民勤县| 一本色道久久综合狠狠躁中文 | 亚洲一区二区三区在线视频观看| 亚洲一区二区三区中文视频| 欧美巨大xxxx做受中文字幕| 成人国产一区二区三区精品| 四虎永久在线精品免费无码| 一区二区三区婷婷中文字幕| 夏津县| 久久精品国产乱子伦多人| 亚洲va中文字幕欧美不卡| 国产成人午夜福利院| 亚洲一区二区三区在线中文| 定安县| 免费国产h视频在线观看86| 国产亚洲欧洲aⅴ综合一区| 精品国精品国自产在国产| 亚洲中文字幕在线精品一区| 一区二区三区四区亚洲天堂| 东方av四虎在线观看| AV在线麻免费观看网站| 午夜日韩视频在线观看| 久久99久久99精品观看| av深夜福利在线| 久久久久久人妻无码| 中文字幕久久人妻熟人妻| 南通市| 亚洲欧洲无码精品ⅤA| 综合色综合色综合色综合| 亚洲精品国产视频一区二区|