亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Major U.S. business groups urge Trump administration to drop China tariff plan ahead of key hearings
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-05-15 22:23:27 | Editor: huaxia

      The U.S. flag is seen in the wine section of a supermarket in Beijing, China, April 5, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, May 14 (Xinhua) -- Major U.S. business groups have urged the Trump administration to drop its plan to impose tariffs on Chinese goods ahead of key public hearings beginning Tuesday, arguing that tariffs would hurt U.S. companies and consumers.

      The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) said on Monday that it will hold public hearings on the Trump administration's proposed tariffs on approximately 50 billion U.S. dollars worth of imported Chinese goods from Tuesday to Thursday.

      The tariff proposal is based on a so-called Section 301 Investigation into alleged Chinese intellectual property and technology transfer practices. The Chinese government has strongly condemned and firmly opposed the unfounded investigation and the proposed tariffs against Chinese products.

      More than 120 industry and business representatives from the United States and China will have an opportunity to testify before the interagency Section 301 Committee on the potential impact of the tariff plan over the next three days, according to the USTR's Office.

      As of Monday, the USTR's Office has received over 2,700 filings of written comments regarding the administration's tariff approach, with major U.S. business groups opposed to tariffs on Chinese products.

      "Tariffs are hidden, regressive taxes that will be paid by U.S. businesses and consumers, paradoxically harming U.S. competitiveness," the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the largest business group in the country, said in its written comments submitted on Friday.

      "U.S. tariffs, together with certain Chinese retaliation, will disrupt global trade and supply chains, further damaging American businesses, workers, farmers, ranchers, and investors," the U.S. Chamber of Commerce warned, adding "unilateral tariff strategies have no record of historical success and have always led to unintended consequences."

      The National Foreign Trade Council (NFTC) also warned that the imposition of unilateral tariff remedies proposed by the administration is "premature" and would "do greater harm than good to U.S. economic interests."

      "Unilateral imposition of tariffs prior to any meaningful negotiations with China will raise charges that the United States has ignored its WTO commitments," the NFTC said in its comments submitted last week, adding additional tariffs are "extremely likely" to increase the harm to American manufacturers, service providers and consumers.

      The U.S.-China Business Council (USCBC), which represents 200 American companies that are engaged in business with China, also urged the Trump administration to reconsider its tariff plan.

      "Unilateral tariffs will address none of these issues, however, and will inflict real economic harm on U.S. businesses and consumers," the USCBC said, suggesting a comprehensive and strategic approach that sets short, medium, and long-term negotiating objectives to address industry concerns.

      Meanwhile, the National Retail Federation expressed concern that the two countries' trade dispute would harm the U.S. economy. It would reduce U.S. gross domestic product by nearly 3 billion dollars and destroy 134,000 American jobs annually, according to a new study recently released by the federation and the Consumer Technology Association.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Major U.S. business groups urge Trump administration to drop China tariff plan ahead of key hearings

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-15 22:23:27

      The U.S. flag is seen in the wine section of a supermarket in Beijing, China, April 5, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, May 14 (Xinhua) -- Major U.S. business groups have urged the Trump administration to drop its plan to impose tariffs on Chinese goods ahead of key public hearings beginning Tuesday, arguing that tariffs would hurt U.S. companies and consumers.

      The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) said on Monday that it will hold public hearings on the Trump administration's proposed tariffs on approximately 50 billion U.S. dollars worth of imported Chinese goods from Tuesday to Thursday.

      The tariff proposal is based on a so-called Section 301 Investigation into alleged Chinese intellectual property and technology transfer practices. The Chinese government has strongly condemned and firmly opposed the unfounded investigation and the proposed tariffs against Chinese products.

      More than 120 industry and business representatives from the United States and China will have an opportunity to testify before the interagency Section 301 Committee on the potential impact of the tariff plan over the next three days, according to the USTR's Office.

      As of Monday, the USTR's Office has received over 2,700 filings of written comments regarding the administration's tariff approach, with major U.S. business groups opposed to tariffs on Chinese products.

      "Tariffs are hidden, regressive taxes that will be paid by U.S. businesses and consumers, paradoxically harming U.S. competitiveness," the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the largest business group in the country, said in its written comments submitted on Friday.

      "U.S. tariffs, together with certain Chinese retaliation, will disrupt global trade and supply chains, further damaging American businesses, workers, farmers, ranchers, and investors," the U.S. Chamber of Commerce warned, adding "unilateral tariff strategies have no record of historical success and have always led to unintended consequences."

      The National Foreign Trade Council (NFTC) also warned that the imposition of unilateral tariff remedies proposed by the administration is "premature" and would "do greater harm than good to U.S. economic interests."

      "Unilateral imposition of tariffs prior to any meaningful negotiations with China will raise charges that the United States has ignored its WTO commitments," the NFTC said in its comments submitted last week, adding additional tariffs are "extremely likely" to increase the harm to American manufacturers, service providers and consumers.

      The U.S.-China Business Council (USCBC), which represents 200 American companies that are engaged in business with China, also urged the Trump administration to reconsider its tariff plan.

      "Unilateral tariffs will address none of these issues, however, and will inflict real economic harm on U.S. businesses and consumers," the USCBC said, suggesting a comprehensive and strategic approach that sets short, medium, and long-term negotiating objectives to address industry concerns.

      Meanwhile, the National Retail Federation expressed concern that the two countries' trade dispute would harm the U.S. economy. It would reduce U.S. gross domestic product by nearly 3 billion dollars and destroy 134,000 American jobs annually, according to a new study recently released by the federation and the Consumer Technology Association.

      010020070750000000000000011100001371812601
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 狠狠色丁香婷婷久久综合| 亚洲国产综合精品2020| 欧美午夜网站| 国产不卡一区二区av| 国内揄拍国内精品人妻| 亚洲日本一本dvd高清| av网站在线观看华人免费| 婷婷一区二区三区在线| 无码熟妇人妻av在线c0930| 国产三区二区| 亚洲高清视频在线播放| 日本亚洲欧洲无免费码在线| 国产真实老熟女无套内射| 亚洲免费成年女性毛视频| 亚洲av激情久久精品人| 国产精品无码无片在线观看3D| 色婷婷久久免费网站| 18禁成人黄网站免费观看| 国产精品色内内在线播放| 国产精品久久狼人一区| 美女视频永久黄网站免费观看国产| 国产一级内射在线观看| 偷拍激情视频一区二区| 亚洲综合色婷婷久久| 国产av无码专区亚洲aⅴ| 99热这里有精品| 亚洲中文一本无码AV在线无码| 中国免费av一区二区| 吃下面吃胸在线看无码| 久久亚洲精品成人无码网站| 国产精品一二三区久久狼| 中文字幕无码无码专区| 亚洲欧美久久婷婷爱综合一区天堂 | 精品国产国产AV一区二区| 日本精品一区二区在线看| 亚洲av永久青草无码精品| 日韩欧美国产自由二区| av天堂最新版在线| 在线无码中文字幕水蜜桃一区| 国产成a人片在线观看视频| 国产伦码精品一区二区|