亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Africa  

      UN urges South Sudan to protect aid workers, cease hostilities

      Source: Xinhua   2018-05-17 01:35:52

      JUBA, May 16 (Xinhua) -- The UN top relief official wrapped up a two-day visit to South Sudan on Wednesday, calling all warring parties to cease hostilities and protect humanitarian workers and civilians.

      Mark Lowcock, the UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, lamented that ordinary persons are now suffering amidst fresh fighting that has displaced tens of thousands of people in multiple locations across the country.

      "The conflict in South Sudan is now in its fifth year. Ordinary people are suffering on an unimaginable scale. The peace process has so far produced nothing. The cessation of hostilities is a fiction. The economy has collapsed," Lowcock said in a statement issued at the end of his visit.

      Lowcock who arrived in Juba on Tuesday held talks with senior government officials, members of SPLA-in Opposition, humanitarian agencies, and partners. He also visited people affected by the crisis in Juba, Yei Town and Mundu.

      "Belligerents use scorched-earth tactics, murder and rape as weapons of war. All these are gross violations of international law. Seven million people need humanitarian assistance in 2018. And things are simply getting worse," he said.

      The UN relief official said ending the violence in the world's youngest nation is the first and single most important thing needed to alleviating human suffering in South Sudan.

      According to the UN, about 4.3 million people have been displaced, including more than 1.76 million who are internally displaced and about 2.5 million in neighboring countries.

      Lowcock said displaced people are more vulnerable to threats to their safety, health and livelihoods. "Despite a multitude of challenges, humanitarians are saving lives and protecting people," said Lowcock.

      He said about 7 million people, more than one in two across the country, will need humanitarian assistance in 2018 due to compounding effects of widespread violence and insecurity and a deteriorating economy.

      Lowcock, who also met with relief agencies whose staff and operations have been affected by insecurity and paid tribute to the bravery of aid workers across the country, said the humanitarian workers need rapid, safe, unhindered access to all people in need.

      "Aid agencies are subject to harassment, extortion, looting, kidnappings, killings, predatory fees and levies and other blockages across the country -- perpetrated by all parties to the conflict," he said.

      He described South Sudan as "one of the most dangerous places in the world to be a humanitarian worker as crimes are being committed against aid workers, with apparent impunity.

      "There needs to be accountability, and the Government - because it is the Government, and this is a responsibility of Governments everywhere -- has the prime responsibility for that," Lowcock said.

      The number of aid workers killed in South Sudan since conflict broke out in December 2013 reached 101 this month, according to the UN.

      Editor: Chengcheng
      Related News
      Home >> Africa            
      Xinhuanet

      UN urges South Sudan to protect aid workers, cease hostilities

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-17 01:35:52

      JUBA, May 16 (Xinhua) -- The UN top relief official wrapped up a two-day visit to South Sudan on Wednesday, calling all warring parties to cease hostilities and protect humanitarian workers and civilians.

      Mark Lowcock, the UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, lamented that ordinary persons are now suffering amidst fresh fighting that has displaced tens of thousands of people in multiple locations across the country.

      "The conflict in South Sudan is now in its fifth year. Ordinary people are suffering on an unimaginable scale. The peace process has so far produced nothing. The cessation of hostilities is a fiction. The economy has collapsed," Lowcock said in a statement issued at the end of his visit.

      Lowcock who arrived in Juba on Tuesday held talks with senior government officials, members of SPLA-in Opposition, humanitarian agencies, and partners. He also visited people affected by the crisis in Juba, Yei Town and Mundu.

      "Belligerents use scorched-earth tactics, murder and rape as weapons of war. All these are gross violations of international law. Seven million people need humanitarian assistance in 2018. And things are simply getting worse," he said.

      The UN relief official said ending the violence in the world's youngest nation is the first and single most important thing needed to alleviating human suffering in South Sudan.

      According to the UN, about 4.3 million people have been displaced, including more than 1.76 million who are internally displaced and about 2.5 million in neighboring countries.

      Lowcock said displaced people are more vulnerable to threats to their safety, health and livelihoods. "Despite a multitude of challenges, humanitarians are saving lives and protecting people," said Lowcock.

      He said about 7 million people, more than one in two across the country, will need humanitarian assistance in 2018 due to compounding effects of widespread violence and insecurity and a deteriorating economy.

      Lowcock, who also met with relief agencies whose staff and operations have been affected by insecurity and paid tribute to the bravery of aid workers across the country, said the humanitarian workers need rapid, safe, unhindered access to all people in need.

      "Aid agencies are subject to harassment, extortion, looting, kidnappings, killings, predatory fees and levies and other blockages across the country -- perpetrated by all parties to the conflict," he said.

      He described South Sudan as "one of the most dangerous places in the world to be a humanitarian worker as crimes are being committed against aid workers, with apparent impunity.

      "There needs to be accountability, and the Government - because it is the Government, and this is a responsibility of Governments everywhere -- has the prime responsibility for that," Lowcock said.

      The number of aid workers killed in South Sudan since conflict broke out in December 2013 reached 101 this month, according to the UN.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001371843841
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产欧美另类久久精品蜜芽| 亚洲精品亚洲人成在线播放| 亚洲精选一区二区三区四区| 人妖另类综合视频网站| 天天综合天天色| 中日韩欧美高清在线播放| 无遮挡粉嫩小泬| 少妇无码AV无码专区| A V 在线视频 亚洲免费| 91超碰在线精品| 午夜一区二区三区| 又爆又大又粗又硬又黄的a片| 无码流畅无码福利午夜| 亚洲视频在线观看二区三区| 亚洲av黄片一区二区| 中文字幕乱码免费人妻av| 亚洲国产精品嫩草影院久久| 久久精品国产只有精品96| 最新亚洲人AV日韩一区二区 | 亚洲区一区二在线播放| 亚洲人妻中文字幕一区| 国产一区二区无码蜜芽精品| 亚洲免费人成网站在线观看| 丰满少妇又紧又爽视频| 亚洲精品国产视频一区二区| 亚洲成av在线免费不卡 | 亚洲av永久精品一区二区三区| 国内精品视频一区二区三区八戒| 久久亚洲中文字幕无码| 国产一区二区影院| 国产精品一区二区久久毛片| 日本专区一区二区三区在线| 精品国产一区二区三区亚洲人| 亚洲电影中文字幕| 精品无码一区二区三区在线| 中文字幕日韩一区二区不卡| 日韩中文字幕在线综合网| 久久亚洲中文字幕精品一区四| 中文字幕精品一二三区| 一区二区视频观看在线| 日韩中文字幕精品免费一区|