亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Africa  

      News Analysis: Analysts warn of high risk of Ebola spreading across DRC and region

      Source: Xinhua   2018-05-18 02:29:21

      KINSHASA, May 17 (Xinhua) -- The risk of spread of the Ebola haemorrhagic fever epidemic in the northwestern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is very high across the country, according to authorities and analysts interviewed by Xinhua.

      Since the official announcement of the epidemic on May 8 by the Minister of Health, the World Health Organization (WHO) has expressed concern about the high risk of spread of the virus following high numbers of suspected cases registered in the Bikoro area in the northwest of the country.

      "We are very concerned and we are preparing for all scenarios including worst-case scenarios," said Peter Salama, director of the WHO Emergency Management Program during his visit accompanied by Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus in Kinshasa earlier this week.

      GEOGRAPHICAL CONCERNS

      The DRC is at its ninth Ebola outbreak since 1976. The latest outbreak reported in May 2017 officially killed four people.

      The virus takes its name from the river that runs along the village of Yambuku where it raged for the first time in 1976.

      "We did not know this disease, it was mysterious," says Professor Jean-Jacques Muyembe, who was the first researcher to go to the field at the time.

      Congolese Minister of Health Orly Ilunga also expressed concern over the spread of the epidemic for the ninth time.

      "So we are entering a new phase of the Ebola outbreak that is now affecting three health zones, including an urban health zone," the minister said on Wednesday.

      Among the concerns of the DRC authorities, the Ebola epidemic this time in the northwest of the country has one of the particularities of the contamination of health professionals, the reaching of two health zones, to namely Bikoro and Iboko.

      It is also in the proximity to the densely populated city of Mbandaka, which is a crossroads in the province of Equateur and to neighboring provinces.

      The concern is also justified by the fact that the Equateur province affected by the epidemic shares several points of contact with other regions of the country including the capital Kinshasa.

      "We will intensify the monitoring and tracing of the population to all air, sea and road access routes. The other cities in the province as well as the cities upstream and downstream of Mbandaka on the river are also placed under health surveillance," added Orly Ilunga.

      RISKS FOR THE REGION

      Over the past week, several countries in the region, some of which surround the DRC, have announced response measures to prevent the spread of the Ebola virus in their territories.

      Central African Republic and Congo-Brazzaville, which share maritime borders with Equateur province of DRC, have also announced surveillance to prevent the spread of the epidemic on its territory. Uganda, Gabon also announced their contingency measures against the spread.

      Since 1976, the date of the first outbreak of Ebola in the country, at least 700 people have died across the country, according to statistics from the laboratory of the National Institute of Biomedical Research (INRB) of Kinshasa.

      "Thanks to our expertise in the DRC in epidemiological surveillance, we have always taken control of the Ebola virus, and even now I think that the virus is already under control," said Professor Jean-Jacques Muyembe, medical director of the INRB.

      For the first time, the DRC has received Wednesday thousands of doses of vaccine against the Ebola virus disease sent by the WHO. The vaccination campaign will be targeted at exposed health professionals, those who have been in contact with confirmed cases.

      According to Serge Kabamba, an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Kinshasa, like the other previous epidemics, the current Ebola epidemic in the Bikoro area should remain limited to certain geographical areas of the province without leading to a health catastrophe, if the responses are well coordinated as usual.

      At least 44 cases have been recorded since the beginning of the epidemic including three confirmed cases, according to the latest statistics from the Minister of Health.

      Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Related News
      Home >> Africa            
      Xinhuanet

      News Analysis: Analysts warn of high risk of Ebola spreading across DRC and region

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-18 02:29:21

      KINSHASA, May 17 (Xinhua) -- The risk of spread of the Ebola haemorrhagic fever epidemic in the northwestern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is very high across the country, according to authorities and analysts interviewed by Xinhua.

      Since the official announcement of the epidemic on May 8 by the Minister of Health, the World Health Organization (WHO) has expressed concern about the high risk of spread of the virus following high numbers of suspected cases registered in the Bikoro area in the northwest of the country.

      "We are very concerned and we are preparing for all scenarios including worst-case scenarios," said Peter Salama, director of the WHO Emergency Management Program during his visit accompanied by Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus in Kinshasa earlier this week.

      GEOGRAPHICAL CONCERNS

      The DRC is at its ninth Ebola outbreak since 1976. The latest outbreak reported in May 2017 officially killed four people.

      The virus takes its name from the river that runs along the village of Yambuku where it raged for the first time in 1976.

      "We did not know this disease, it was mysterious," says Professor Jean-Jacques Muyembe, who was the first researcher to go to the field at the time.

      Congolese Minister of Health Orly Ilunga also expressed concern over the spread of the epidemic for the ninth time.

      "So we are entering a new phase of the Ebola outbreak that is now affecting three health zones, including an urban health zone," the minister said on Wednesday.

      Among the concerns of the DRC authorities, the Ebola epidemic this time in the northwest of the country has one of the particularities of the contamination of health professionals, the reaching of two health zones, to namely Bikoro and Iboko.

      It is also in the proximity to the densely populated city of Mbandaka, which is a crossroads in the province of Equateur and to neighboring provinces.

      The concern is also justified by the fact that the Equateur province affected by the epidemic shares several points of contact with other regions of the country including the capital Kinshasa.

      "We will intensify the monitoring and tracing of the population to all air, sea and road access routes. The other cities in the province as well as the cities upstream and downstream of Mbandaka on the river are also placed under health surveillance," added Orly Ilunga.

      RISKS FOR THE REGION

      Over the past week, several countries in the region, some of which surround the DRC, have announced response measures to prevent the spread of the Ebola virus in their territories.

      Central African Republic and Congo-Brazzaville, which share maritime borders with Equateur province of DRC, have also announced surveillance to prevent the spread of the epidemic on its territory. Uganda, Gabon also announced their contingency measures against the spread.

      Since 1976, the date of the first outbreak of Ebola in the country, at least 700 people have died across the country, according to statistics from the laboratory of the National Institute of Biomedical Research (INRB) of Kinshasa.

      "Thanks to our expertise in the DRC in epidemiological surveillance, we have always taken control of the Ebola virus, and even now I think that the virus is already under control," said Professor Jean-Jacques Muyembe, medical director of the INRB.

      For the first time, the DRC has received Wednesday thousands of doses of vaccine against the Ebola virus disease sent by the WHO. The vaccination campaign will be targeted at exposed health professionals, those who have been in contact with confirmed cases.

      According to Serge Kabamba, an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Kinshasa, like the other previous epidemics, the current Ebola epidemic in the Bikoro area should remain limited to certain geographical areas of the province without leading to a health catastrophe, if the responses are well coordinated as usual.

      At least 44 cases have been recorded since the beginning of the epidemic including three confirmed cases, according to the latest statistics from the Minister of Health.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105091371872051
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩av一区在线播放| 内射干少妇亚洲69XXX| 九九在线精品国产| 国产高清在线精品一区在线| 日韩久久av电影| 精品丝袜一区二区三区性色| 久久久久人妻精品一区蜜桃网站 | 少妇极品熟妇人妻高清| 久久精品国产99久久丝袜| 亚洲第一av男人的天堂| 欧洲熟妇色xxxxx欧美| 成美女黄网站18禁免费| 日韩中文字幕三级有码区| а的天堂网最新版在线| 亚洲婷婷六月| 久久综合av色老头免费观看 | 亚洲中文av一区二区三区| 国产欧美日韩另类精彩视频 | 国产精品猎奇系列在线观看| 中文字幕精品久久久久人妻红杏1| 加勒比在线一区二区三区| 如皋市| 欧美精品高清在线xxxx| 自拍偷自拍亚洲精品情侣| 国产成人精品一区二三区| 阿勒泰市| 精品久久久久88久久久| 精品久久久久久成人AV| 欧美成人a天堂片在线观看| 睢宁县| 无码伊人久久大蕉中文无码| а√天堂资源8在线官网在线 | 婷婷激情五月综合在线观看| 国产精品亚洲A∨天堂不卡| 国产精品高潮呻吟av久久无吗| 国产乱人无码伦AV在线A| 区一区一日本高清视频在线观看| 波多野结衣AV无码久久一区| 马边| 国内精品91久久久久| 熟女人妻一区二区在线观看|