"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Feature: Marawi residents wait to go home as gov't rebuilds war-torn southern Philippine city
      Source: Xinhua   2018-05-22 10:15:54

      MARAWI, the Philippines, May 22 (Xinhua) -- Asniah Sultan, 26, fled with her family from southern Philippine city of Marawi when fighting between government security forces and pro-IS fighters erupted in May last year.

      Sultan, with her three children aged one, three and four and her husband, were among those who hastily fled the city.

      They are now living in a "tent city" in the outskirts of Marawi along with almost 200 families. Their rented house was among those burned down during the five-month fierce fighting that also left more than 1,200 dead.

      Before the war broke out, Sultan earns a living by selling fish in the market. "Now, we are living on dole outs for a year now," she told Xinhua.

      On May 23, 2017, pro-IS fighters launched a five-month long siege to the Marawi City, Lanao del Sur province. Nearly 354,000 residents or more than 77,000 families in and around the besieged city were displaced in the clashes between militants and government forces.

      In October last year, President Rodrigo Duterte declared the city liberated after five months of air strikes and gunbattle to retake the once scenic city.

      Humanitian aid is being distributed to the thousands of people, mostly poor Filipino Muslims, who fled Islamic militants that laid siege to the city. But conditions are harsh in temporary shelters and many fear they will never be able to return home.

      Evacuees receive a pack of goodies that include six kilos of rice, four cans of sardines, four cans corned beef and six coffee sachets every nine days, Sultan said.

      Once in a while, Sultan said they get fresh fish. "It's really miserable living in an evacuation center. Even drinking water is scarce sometimes," she said.

      Her husband cannot find a job. Duterte imposed martial rule in the entire Mindanao region in the wake of the siege, making it difficult for male residents to move around due to security reasons.

      Unlike the other displaced residents, Sultan do not own a house in the ruined city. They were just renting an apartment, they said, making them less likely to return to their previous village after the rehabilitation is completed.

      Housing Assistant Secretary Felix Castro, Task Force Bangon (Rise) Marawi field office manager, said there are still 39,000 families who have not returned to their homes in the ground zero. Some of them are staying with relatives in Marawi and nearby provinces. Some 1,000 families are living in 41 evacuation centers, he said.

      Philippine authorities hope the rehabilitation work inside the former battleground area will be completed by 2021.

      Castro said the government is still negotiating for a developer who will conduct the debris clearing in the city's central business district which the military calls now the "most affected area."

      The Armed Forces of the Philippines said there are still an estimated 50 unexploded ordnance and improvised explosive devices in that part of the city that need to be cleared, referring to the area where the final battle took place to retake Marawi from the clutches of militants.

      "The biggest challenge is taking core of the IDPs (internally displaced people) while they are still waiting for the chance to rebuild of their houses considering the time that will take," Castro said.

      For now, Castro appealed to the IDPs to be patient while waiting for the "right time" to rebuild the part of the city ruined by air strikes and gun battle.

      "In the meantime they are not allowed to return to their homes we have to take care of their needs," Castro added.

      He said the government is looking at some livelihood projects for the evacuees so that they could have their own income and they could also earn.

      Sultan welcome the idea but she stressed the need for the government to provide capital. "We cannot rely on dole outs. We also need cash to buy for our other needs which are not provided to us like diapers for our children," Sultan said.

      To augment their food supply, some of the evacuees plant vegetable patches in the evacuation centers.

      Mindanao residents like Sultan are often the victims of decades-long armed conflict like the Marawi siege.

      The spate of violence perpetrated by extremists continue to scare off investors and keeping the region that badly need investment in an endless cycle of poverty.

      Editor: Chengcheng
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Feature: Marawi residents wait to go home as gov't rebuilds war-torn southern Philippine city

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-22 10:15:54
      [Editor: huaxia]

      MARAWI, the Philippines, May 22 (Xinhua) -- Asniah Sultan, 26, fled with her family from southern Philippine city of Marawi when fighting between government security forces and pro-IS fighters erupted in May last year.

      Sultan, with her three children aged one, three and four and her husband, were among those who hastily fled the city.

      They are now living in a "tent city" in the outskirts of Marawi along with almost 200 families. Their rented house was among those burned down during the five-month fierce fighting that also left more than 1,200 dead.

      Before the war broke out, Sultan earns a living by selling fish in the market. "Now, we are living on dole outs for a year now," she told Xinhua.

      On May 23, 2017, pro-IS fighters launched a five-month long siege to the Marawi City, Lanao del Sur province. Nearly 354,000 residents or more than 77,000 families in and around the besieged city were displaced in the clashes between militants and government forces.

      In October last year, President Rodrigo Duterte declared the city liberated after five months of air strikes and gunbattle to retake the once scenic city.

      Humanitian aid is being distributed to the thousands of people, mostly poor Filipino Muslims, who fled Islamic militants that laid siege to the city. But conditions are harsh in temporary shelters and many fear they will never be able to return home.

      Evacuees receive a pack of goodies that include six kilos of rice, four cans of sardines, four cans corned beef and six coffee sachets every nine days, Sultan said.

      Once in a while, Sultan said they get fresh fish. "It's really miserable living in an evacuation center. Even drinking water is scarce sometimes," she said.

      Her husband cannot find a job. Duterte imposed martial rule in the entire Mindanao region in the wake of the siege, making it difficult for male residents to move around due to security reasons.

      Unlike the other displaced residents, Sultan do not own a house in the ruined city. They were just renting an apartment, they said, making them less likely to return to their previous village after the rehabilitation is completed.

      Housing Assistant Secretary Felix Castro, Task Force Bangon (Rise) Marawi field office manager, said there are still 39,000 families who have not returned to their homes in the ground zero. Some of them are staying with relatives in Marawi and nearby provinces. Some 1,000 families are living in 41 evacuation centers, he said.

      Philippine authorities hope the rehabilitation work inside the former battleground area will be completed by 2021.

      Castro said the government is still negotiating for a developer who will conduct the debris clearing in the city's central business district which the military calls now the "most affected area."

      The Armed Forces of the Philippines said there are still an estimated 50 unexploded ordnance and improvised explosive devices in that part of the city that need to be cleared, referring to the area where the final battle took place to retake Marawi from the clutches of militants.

      "The biggest challenge is taking core of the IDPs (internally displaced people) while they are still waiting for the chance to rebuild of their houses considering the time that will take," Castro said.

      For now, Castro appealed to the IDPs to be patient while waiting for the "right time" to rebuild the part of the city ruined by air strikes and gun battle.

      "In the meantime they are not allowed to return to their homes we have to take care of their needs," Castro added.

      He said the government is looking at some livelihood projects for the evacuees so that they could have their own income and they could also earn.

      Sultan welcome the idea but she stressed the need for the government to provide capital. "We cannot rely on dole outs. We also need cash to buy for our other needs which are not provided to us like diapers for our children," Sultan said.

      To augment their food supply, some of the evacuees plant vegetable patches in the evacuation centers.

      Mindanao residents like Sultan are often the victims of decades-long armed conflict like the Marawi siege.

      The spate of violence perpetrated by extremists continue to scare off investors and keeping the region that badly need investment in an endless cycle of poverty.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001371970591
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费无码肉片在线观看| 盘山县| 淫欲一区二区中文字幕| 中文字幕成人精品久久不卡| 午夜福利免费一区二区| 久久综合亚洲鲁鲁九月天| 扒开非洲女人大荫蒂视频| 精品一区二区三区色噜噜| www.日本一区| 国产亚洲精品久久久久| 久久精品国产福利国产秒拍| 能看的网站中文字幕不卡av| 一本色道久久综合中文字幕| 无码国产精品一区二区免费式芒果| 色偷偷久久一区二区三区| 国产精品久久久久久一区二区三区 | 中文字幕精品一二三区| 在线观看av片永久免费| 欧美熟妇色| 国产精品国产三级国产av主| 盖州市| 亚洲αv在线精品糸列| 精品国产Ⅴ无码大片在线观看81 | 丝袜人妖av在线一区二区| 国内精品免费| 亚洲变态另类色图天堂网| 无码人妻专区一区二区三区| 国产精品免费观看久久| 精品久久久中文字幕二区| a级日本理论片免费观看| 中文无码免费在线| gogogo高清在线韩国| 国产成人综合亚洲av| 一区二区三区福利在线视频| 久久精品夜夜夜夜夜久久| 色噜噜狠狠狠综合曰曰曰| 久久久9色精品国产一区二区三区| 狠狠亚洲婷婷综合色香五月| 最近中文字幕国产精选| 乱码视频午夜在线观看| 久久久免费精品人妻一区二区三区 |