"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Roundup: 200 professors call upon USC president to step aside amid gynecologist scandal

      Source: Xinhua    2018-05-23 03:20:32

      LOS ANGELES, May 22 (Xinhua) -- Two hundred professors at the University of Southern California (USC) on Tuesday called upon the university's president C. L. Max Nikias to step aside amid gynecologist scandal, criticizing him for failure to protect students and staff from repeated and pervasive sexual harassment and misconduct.

      "He has lost the moral authority to lead the University, and in addition, to lead the investigation of institutional failures that allowed this misconduct to persist over several decades," said the professors in a letter to the board of Trustees of USC, asking the president to step aside and allow new leaders to take the necessary steps to repair the damage.

      Dr. George Tyndall had worked as the only fulltime gynecologist at the USC student clinic for 27 years. According to the Los Angeles Times' investigation, the complaints of his repeated misconduct toward his young female patients started in early 1990s, including improperly photographing students' genitals, touching women inappropriately during pelvic exams and making sexually suggestive remarks about their bodies.

      "The University Administration's actions have been wrong at every turn, and not only in hindsight," the faculty members of USC lashed. "We lament that, time after time, the administration has admitted to its failing only after being exposed by the Los Angeles Times. We also watch with deep distress as the university's reputation is marred in the national press and in international circles."

      About an hour after faculty sent the letter, board chairman John Mork released a statement saying that while trustees were "troubled by the distressing reports" about the campus doctor, he and others on its executive committee "strongly support" Nikias, Los Angeles Times reported.

      USC was sued on Monday by five former students in two lawsuits over the scandal. Two longtime student health clinic administrators were fired by USC as a result of the scandal last week.

      According to the Los Angeles Times, some colleagues of Tyndall feared that the gynecologist was targeting the university's growing population of Chinese students in recent years. Those Chinese students often had a limited knowledge of the English language and American medical norms.

      The Consulate General of China in Los Angeles expressed its serious concern over the scandal last week, requesting the university take serious steps to investigate the issue and protect Chinese students from illegal acts.

      The Chinese Students and Scholars Association (CSSA), a major Chinese student organization at USC, also issued a statement, calling on Chinese students to bravely speak up any violations of their rights.

      USC officials said they are actively seeking all facts and are dedicated to providing the most compassionate support they can. "Nothing is more important to me, or to our community, than the health and safety of our students," Nikias said in a statement last Tuesday.

      USC Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Michael Quick sent a message to his faculty and staff colleagues Monday, saying that USC officials are working to do all they can to prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future.

      "We have received many emails and calls from faculty and staff angry at senior leadership. You have every right to be angry. Furthermore, I know that over the past year enough has happened to make you distrust those in leadership. I completely understand that as well. It is up to us to earn back that trust," he wrote.

      But Quick denied the allegation of media reports that the university leadership knew about Tyndall's misbehavior for a long time and covered it up for the sake of the USC brand.

      "This is absolutely untrue. It is unthinkable. It is true that our system failed, but it is important that you know that this claim of a cover-up is patently false. We would never knowingly put students in harm's way," he said.

      "Some ask about Dr. Tyndall's targeting of Chinese (and other international) students. Although this was alleged, there is no evidence that any one group of students was affected more than others," Quick noted, adding that they are carefully reviewing all complaints and have yet to find a pattern in who was affected.

      The university has released an Action Plan on Tuesday, aiming to revisit the university's values, improve campus culture, restructure a number of the university's operations and revise employment policies.

      Editor: yan
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Roundup: 200 professors call upon USC president to step aside amid gynecologist scandal

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-23 03:20:32

      LOS ANGELES, May 22 (Xinhua) -- Two hundred professors at the University of Southern California (USC) on Tuesday called upon the university's president C. L. Max Nikias to step aside amid gynecologist scandal, criticizing him for failure to protect students and staff from repeated and pervasive sexual harassment and misconduct.

      "He has lost the moral authority to lead the University, and in addition, to lead the investigation of institutional failures that allowed this misconduct to persist over several decades," said the professors in a letter to the board of Trustees of USC, asking the president to step aside and allow new leaders to take the necessary steps to repair the damage.

      Dr. George Tyndall had worked as the only fulltime gynecologist at the USC student clinic for 27 years. According to the Los Angeles Times' investigation, the complaints of his repeated misconduct toward his young female patients started in early 1990s, including improperly photographing students' genitals, touching women inappropriately during pelvic exams and making sexually suggestive remarks about their bodies.

      "The University Administration's actions have been wrong at every turn, and not only in hindsight," the faculty members of USC lashed. "We lament that, time after time, the administration has admitted to its failing only after being exposed by the Los Angeles Times. We also watch with deep distress as the university's reputation is marred in the national press and in international circles."

      About an hour after faculty sent the letter, board chairman John Mork released a statement saying that while trustees were "troubled by the distressing reports" about the campus doctor, he and others on its executive committee "strongly support" Nikias, Los Angeles Times reported.

      USC was sued on Monday by five former students in two lawsuits over the scandal. Two longtime student health clinic administrators were fired by USC as a result of the scandal last week.

      According to the Los Angeles Times, some colleagues of Tyndall feared that the gynecologist was targeting the university's growing population of Chinese students in recent years. Those Chinese students often had a limited knowledge of the English language and American medical norms.

      The Consulate General of China in Los Angeles expressed its serious concern over the scandal last week, requesting the university take serious steps to investigate the issue and protect Chinese students from illegal acts.

      The Chinese Students and Scholars Association (CSSA), a major Chinese student organization at USC, also issued a statement, calling on Chinese students to bravely speak up any violations of their rights.

      USC officials said they are actively seeking all facts and are dedicated to providing the most compassionate support they can. "Nothing is more important to me, or to our community, than the health and safety of our students," Nikias said in a statement last Tuesday.

      USC Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Michael Quick sent a message to his faculty and staff colleagues Monday, saying that USC officials are working to do all they can to prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future.

      "We have received many emails and calls from faculty and staff angry at senior leadership. You have every right to be angry. Furthermore, I know that over the past year enough has happened to make you distrust those in leadership. I completely understand that as well. It is up to us to earn back that trust," he wrote.

      But Quick denied the allegation of media reports that the university leadership knew about Tyndall's misbehavior for a long time and covered it up for the sake of the USC brand.

      "This is absolutely untrue. It is unthinkable. It is true that our system failed, but it is important that you know that this claim of a cover-up is patently false. We would never knowingly put students in harm's way," he said.

      "Some ask about Dr. Tyndall's targeting of Chinese (and other international) students. Although this was alleged, there is no evidence that any one group of students was affected more than others," Quick noted, adding that they are carefully reviewing all complaints and have yet to find a pattern in who was affected.

      The university has released an Action Plan on Tuesday, aiming to revisit the university's values, improve campus culture, restructure a number of the university's operations and revise employment policies.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105521371986971
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产一级片内射在线视频| 99国产成+人+综合+亚洲欧美 | 国产91久久精品一区二区| av网站免费线看| 天堂一区二区三区av| 青青草视频在线观看视频网站| 成人无码视频在线观看网站| 人妻av无码系列一区二区三区| 亚洲色无码播放亚洲成av| 中文字幕人妻少妇第一页| 民和| 亚洲人成人99网站| 国产熟妇疯狂4p交在线播放| 精品国产国产AV一区二区| 久久伊人网久久伊人网| 亚洲一区二区三区精品在线| 久久国产A∨一二三| 亚洲av永久无码精品秋霞电影影院 | 国内午夜国产精品小视频| 亚洲人成网站在线播放小说| 海晏县| 仙女白丝jk小脚夹得我好爽| 国产成人精品日本亚洲语音1| 久久久受www免费人成| 一区二区三区国产美女在线播放| a在线免费| 国产成人AV一区二区三区无码| 九九日本黄色精品视频| 亚洲欧美v国产蜜芽tv| 日本亚洲成人中文字幕| 人人爽人人爽人人片a免费 | 日韩精品久久无码中文字幕| 无码丰满熟妇浪潮一区二区av| 午夜亚洲AV成人无码国产| 91精品国产一区| 亚洲悠悠色综合中文字幕| 亚洲欧美日韩精品香蕉| 日本高清中文字幕一区二区三区| 欧美精品在线观看视频| 国产97在线 | 亚洲| 中文字幕在线人妻视频|