"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      U.S. state secretary says "very hopeful" for Trump-Kim summit, vows to increase pressure on Iran, Venezuela, Russia

      Source: Xinhua    2018-05-24 02:16:28

      WASHINGTON, May 23 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Wednesday he was "very hopeful" that the summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)'s top leader Kim Jong Un would take place as planed next month in Singapore.

      While testifying before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Capitol Hill, Pompeo said in his first congressional appearance since he took this job that whether the meeting, slated on June 12, would take place is "ultimately up to Chairman Kim."

      "We have broad outlines of what it is that each nation is prepared to do," he said, noting that he is hopeful that Trump could convince Kim to make a strategic decision to denuclearize.

      Noting that "we are driving on," he said that the United States and South Korea are working to keep the Singapore summit on track.

      However, Pompeo said that a "bad deal" with the DPRK is "not an option" for the United States.

      "If the right deal is not on the table, we will respectfully walk away" from the coming negotiations concerning Pyongyang's nuclear and missile programs," he said, adding that the U.S. "posture will not change until we see credible steps taken toward the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

      The U.S. top diplomat also added that Washington is not intended to make concessions to Pyongyang during the Trump-Kim meeting.

      Trump on Tuesday said that the planned Singapore summit with Kim "may not work out for June 12," and "if it doesn't happen, maybe it will happen later. Maybe it will happen at a different time. We will see."

      As for Iran's nuke program, Pompeo said the Trump administration is ready to work with other nations to solve the problem.

      He said he is to meet with allies in June to discuss the next steps to deter Tehran "threat."

      "A number of discussions have taken place below the foreign minister level," he noted.

      Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro on Tuesday ordered the expulsion of the U.S. charge d'affaires Todd Robinson and his deputy Brian Naranjo for staging "enough conspiracies" against his government.

      Pompeo said the United States will respond reciprocally to the expulsion, hinting to kick out Venezuela's top diplomat in Washington as well.

      Speaking of Russia's alleged interference of U.S. elections, Pompeo said that the United States will not tolerate Russia's bid to interfere in 2018 U.S. congressional mid-term elections in November, and will take "appropriate" countermeasures to counter Moscow's attempts.

      However, he admitted that Washington has not yet set up "effective deterrence" to stop the Russian alleged meddling.

      Trump has refuted so far Russia's interferences in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections, noting U.S. domestic call for further investigation a "witch hunt" staged by the Democrats to cover their lost.

      He believed such investigation aims to illegitimate his presidency, according to U.S. media. Russia has repeatedly denied any involvement in the U.S. elections.

      Editor: yan
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      U.S. state secretary says "very hopeful" for Trump-Kim summit, vows to increase pressure on Iran, Venezuela, Russia

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-24 02:16:28

      WASHINGTON, May 23 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Wednesday he was "very hopeful" that the summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)'s top leader Kim Jong Un would take place as planed next month in Singapore.

      While testifying before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Capitol Hill, Pompeo said in his first congressional appearance since he took this job that whether the meeting, slated on June 12, would take place is "ultimately up to Chairman Kim."

      "We have broad outlines of what it is that each nation is prepared to do," he said, noting that he is hopeful that Trump could convince Kim to make a strategic decision to denuclearize.

      Noting that "we are driving on," he said that the United States and South Korea are working to keep the Singapore summit on track.

      However, Pompeo said that a "bad deal" with the DPRK is "not an option" for the United States.

      "If the right deal is not on the table, we will respectfully walk away" from the coming negotiations concerning Pyongyang's nuclear and missile programs," he said, adding that the U.S. "posture will not change until we see credible steps taken toward the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

      The U.S. top diplomat also added that Washington is not intended to make concessions to Pyongyang during the Trump-Kim meeting.

      Trump on Tuesday said that the planned Singapore summit with Kim "may not work out for June 12," and "if it doesn't happen, maybe it will happen later. Maybe it will happen at a different time. We will see."

      As for Iran's nuke program, Pompeo said the Trump administration is ready to work with other nations to solve the problem.

      He said he is to meet with allies in June to discuss the next steps to deter Tehran "threat."

      "A number of discussions have taken place below the foreign minister level," he noted.

      Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro on Tuesday ordered the expulsion of the U.S. charge d'affaires Todd Robinson and his deputy Brian Naranjo for staging "enough conspiracies" against his government.

      Pompeo said the United States will respond reciprocally to the expulsion, hinting to kick out Venezuela's top diplomat in Washington as well.

      Speaking of Russia's alleged interference of U.S. elections, Pompeo said that the United States will not tolerate Russia's bid to interfere in 2018 U.S. congressional mid-term elections in November, and will take "appropriate" countermeasures to counter Moscow's attempts.

      However, he admitted that Washington has not yet set up "effective deterrence" to stop the Russian alleged meddling.

      Trump has refuted so far Russia's interferences in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections, noting U.S. domestic call for further investigation a "witch hunt" staged by the Democrats to cover their lost.

      He believed such investigation aims to illegitimate his presidency, according to U.S. media. Russia has repeatedly denied any involvement in the U.S. elections.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105521372013741
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 最新亚洲综合中文字幕在线| 国产精品久久久久久久久久98| 久久久久国产一区二区| 熟女丝袜av一区二区三区四区 | 久9热免费精品视频在线观看| 久久中精品中文字幕入口| 性一交一乱一乱一视频| 日本一区二区在线资源| 精品偷拍一区二区视频| 国产丝袜高跟美腿一区在线| 国产另类ts人妖一区二区| 日本欧美大码a在线观看| 国产精品亚洲综合一区在线观看| 亚洲精品天堂av免费看| 无码不卡一区二区三区在线观看| 国产精品无码无片在线观看| 国产在线精品二区| 中文字幕成熟丰满的人妻| 久久熟女乱一区二区三区四区| 丰满熟妇人妻中文字幕| 一二三四在线观看免费中文| 亚欧同人精品天堂| 青青草综合影院在线观看| 漂亮人妻洗澡被公强 日日躁| tube性老少配bbwcom| 国内精品伊人久久久久影院对白| 精品亚洲没码中文字幕| 免费在线观看亚洲视频| 人妻无码不卡中文字幕系列| 麻豆精品一区二区综合av| 国产三级精品三级男人的天堂,| 日产乱码一区二区国产内射| 自偷自拍亚洲综合精品图片| 业余 自由 性别 成熟视频 视频 | 亚洲AV成人无码久久精品在 | 免费人成视频x8x8日本| 亚洲精品色婷婷一区二区| 成年女人在线观看毛片| 亚洲成AV人的天堂在线观看| 亚州一区二区三区四区| 亚洲欧美变态另类综合|