"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      News Analysis: Italy's Conte abandons bid to be prime minister, setting stage for more months of politic

      Source: Xinhua    2018-05-28 04:43:45

      By Eric J. Lyman

      ROME, May 27 (Xinhua) -- Giuseppe Conte's decision to abandon his bid to become Italy's next prime minister dashed the first chance for two political novices to take the helm of Europe's fourth largest economy and could pave the way for new elections later this year.

      Conte, 53, clashed with Italian President Sergio Mattarella over the selection of 82-year-old euro-skeptic economist Paolo Savona.

      Mattarella said he feared Savona would "probably or almost certainly bring Italy's exit from the euro currency zone", something most Italians oppose.

      Luigi Di Maio, 31, leader of the populist Five-Star Movement, and 45-year-old Matteo Salvini of the nationalist League -- both newcomers to national politics in Italy and leaders of the coalition that nominated Conte -- refused to back down on Savona. That forced Conte, another political neophyte, to resign his mandate.

      Financial markets had been nervous about the prospects of Savona as the chief of Italy's economy. Italian stocks so far lost more than 8 percent of its value this month, while yields on Italian bonds, a measure of investor jitters about a country's economic prospects, shot up.

      According to ABS Securities analyst Gian Franco Gallo, investor nervousness will probably calm when markets open Monday.

      "The big fear was that Italy might leave the euro currency union or otherwise act to weaken the ties between European Union states," Gallo said in an interview.

      "That risk is now greatly reduced. I think what happened was Mattarella drawing a red line and saying 'We will not go beyond this and put the euro currency union at risk'."

      The Italian media reported that following Conte's departure, Mattarella asked economist Carlo Cottarelli to come to his office Monday morning.

      Gallo said that would likely mean Cottarelli, a former director for the International Monetary Fund, will be asked to form a caretaker government that could have the mandate of finalizing the country's 2019 budget and perhaps a political reform before new elections in September or October.

      The Five-Star Movement and the League both finished with record high vote totals in the March 4 general election, pollsters said it was unclear whether the 12-week standoff that resulted in an aborted attempt to form a government under Conte might impact the performance of the two parties if new elections are held within a few months.

      "Both parties seem to have maintained their support levels for the most part and the absence of a strong opposition will no doubt help," Maria Rossi, co-director of polling firm Opinioni said in an e-mail after the latest moves. "But it is difficult to know how the coming months might play out."

      One wildcard factor is Silvio Berlusconi, the controversial billionaire tycoon and former prime minister whose party, Forza Italia, finished fourth in May, behind both the Five-Star Movement and the League with 14 percent of the vote.

      But that happened while Berlusconi was banned from holding public office because of legal problems. That ban was lifted since the election, and that could allow Berlusconi to do better in a future vote.

      The center-left Democratic Party, meanwhile, a distant second to the Five-Star Movement in the March 4 vote, is having internal problems and might risk splitting into factions before a new vote can be held.

      Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      News Analysis: Italy's Conte abandons bid to be prime minister, setting stage for more months of politic

      Source: Xinhua 2018-05-28 04:43:45

      By Eric J. Lyman

      ROME, May 27 (Xinhua) -- Giuseppe Conte's decision to abandon his bid to become Italy's next prime minister dashed the first chance for two political novices to take the helm of Europe's fourth largest economy and could pave the way for new elections later this year.

      Conte, 53, clashed with Italian President Sergio Mattarella over the selection of 82-year-old euro-skeptic economist Paolo Savona.

      Mattarella said he feared Savona would "probably or almost certainly bring Italy's exit from the euro currency zone", something most Italians oppose.

      Luigi Di Maio, 31, leader of the populist Five-Star Movement, and 45-year-old Matteo Salvini of the nationalist League -- both newcomers to national politics in Italy and leaders of the coalition that nominated Conte -- refused to back down on Savona. That forced Conte, another political neophyte, to resign his mandate.

      Financial markets had been nervous about the prospects of Savona as the chief of Italy's economy. Italian stocks so far lost more than 8 percent of its value this month, while yields on Italian bonds, a measure of investor jitters about a country's economic prospects, shot up.

      According to ABS Securities analyst Gian Franco Gallo, investor nervousness will probably calm when markets open Monday.

      "The big fear was that Italy might leave the euro currency union or otherwise act to weaken the ties between European Union states," Gallo said in an interview.

      "That risk is now greatly reduced. I think what happened was Mattarella drawing a red line and saying 'We will not go beyond this and put the euro currency union at risk'."

      The Italian media reported that following Conte's departure, Mattarella asked economist Carlo Cottarelli to come to his office Monday morning.

      Gallo said that would likely mean Cottarelli, a former director for the International Monetary Fund, will be asked to form a caretaker government that could have the mandate of finalizing the country's 2019 budget and perhaps a political reform before new elections in September or October.

      The Five-Star Movement and the League both finished with record high vote totals in the March 4 general election, pollsters said it was unclear whether the 12-week standoff that resulted in an aborted attempt to form a government under Conte might impact the performance of the two parties if new elections are held within a few months.

      "Both parties seem to have maintained their support levels for the most part and the absence of a strong opposition will no doubt help," Maria Rossi, co-director of polling firm Opinioni said in an e-mail after the latest moves. "But it is difficult to know how the coming months might play out."

      One wildcard factor is Silvio Berlusconi, the controversial billionaire tycoon and former prime minister whose party, Forza Italia, finished fourth in May, behind both the Five-Star Movement and the League with 14 percent of the vote.

      But that happened while Berlusconi was banned from holding public office because of legal problems. That ban was lifted since the election, and that could allow Berlusconi to do better in a future vote.

      The center-left Democratic Party, meanwhile, a distant second to the Five-Star Movement in the March 4 vote, is having internal problems and might risk splitting into factions before a new vote can be held.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105091372106511
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品三级av一区二区| 人妻少妇-嫩草影院| yw193.can尤物国产在线网页| 视频精品亚洲一区二区| 无码熟妇人妻AV影音先锋| 欧美精品亚洲精品日韩专区va| 免费黄色小视频网站| 国产不卡一区二区av| 鄂州市| 精品无码成人片一区二区| 亚洲欧美成人久久综合中文网| 天天澡日日澡狠狠欧美老妇| 免费中文字幕一级毛片| 四虎永久在线精品国产免费| 亚洲欧美日韩中文综合在线不卡| 人妻人妻少妇在线系列| 亚洲av噜噜一区二区| 欧亚精品卡一卡二卡三| 人妻夜夜爽av性色大片| 井冈山市| 亚洲色AV天天天天天天| 女人高潮抽搐喷液30分钟视频| 国产H片无码不卡在线视频| 蜜臀av国内精品久久久人妻| 中文字幕无码日韩欧毛| 亚洲三级香港三级久久| 国产成人永久免费av在线| 亚洲香蕉毛片久久网站老妇人| 亚洲国产成人精品福利在线观看| 在线观看亚洲精品国产| 免费人成在线观看成人片| 男人的av一区二区资源| 日韩精品极品在线观看视频| 国产精品十八禁一区二区| 91精品国产高清久久久久久g| 激,情四虎欧美视频图片| a在线免费| 国精品人妻无码一区免费视频电影| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜avapp| 3亚洲日韩在线精品区| 国产亚洲精品性爱视频|