"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Roundup: Italy's new gov't moving fast in speaking out against refugees, asylum seekers

      Source: Xinhua    2018-06-07 04:26:45

      by Eric J. Lyman

      ROME, June 6 (Xinhua) -- Less than a week into the mandate of Italy's newest government, officials are already raising eyebrows for the hardline stance they are taking against refugees.

      The anti-migrant stance is not a surprise. Matteo Salvini, the leader of the nationalist League -- one of the two parties supporting the government and the country's new minister of the interior -- promised as much during the campaign. But the language from the new government is so far stronger and more pointed than on other controversial planks of its government program.

      "It is very worrying," Filippo Miraglia, vice-president of the Italian Cultural Recreation Association (ARCI) and the author of the book "Refugees: Conversations About Borders, Politics, and Rights," told Xinhua. "The government is striking quickly to essentially criminalize being a refugee."

      In his first weekend in his new job, Salvini traveled to the Sicilian port city of Pozzallo, home of a major reception center for refugees.

      He said that recent at-sea deaths of would-be refugees trying to reach Italy's shores should have been prevented by not allowing the boats they use to leave the shores of Africa. Salvini told reporters that Italy "cannot be Europe's refugee camp."

      Salvini said if the European Union (EU) does not do more to help Italy confront the refugee problem, Italy would be forced to "choose other methods."

      In another rally in northern Italy, Salvini said illegal migrants to Italy should "get ready to pack (their) bags."

      Salvini has vowed to expel as many as 500,000 migrants from the country. More than 600,000 migrants are thought to have landed on Italian shores since 2014. Though the numbers have been falling since the start of last year, nearly 11,000 are thought to have arrived so far in 2018 and more than 100,000 arrived last year. Thousands have died at sea attempting to reach Italy.

      The Five-Star Movement, the other party in the ruling coalition, has not been as vocal about the migrant issue. But Giuseppe Conte, the government's prime minister, addressed the two houses of parliament on back-to-back days and spoke about the issue both times.

      On Wednesday, Conte told senators the new government could call for the Dublin Resolution to be reformed so that there would be more of a "fair distribution of responsibilities."

      The Dublin Regulation requires would-be asylum seekers to be processed in the country of arrival, placing much of the processing burden on southern European countries with long coastlines, like Italy and Greece.

      On Thursday, speaking in the lower house, Conte criticized the EU for "leaving Italy alone" to deal with the migrant issue. He said asylum seekers should be distributed around Europe.

      Analysts said Italy had "inexpensive and effective" methods for reducing migrant arrivals, such as reducing the amount its budgets for housing, feeding, and processing new arrivals.

      "The idea is that it would make Italy a less attractive landing point for migrants and so they might go home or set out for some other destination," Maurizio Ambrosini, a sociologist with the State University of Milan and a frequent commentator on migrant issues, told Xinhua.

      "But Article 10 of the Italian Constitution says the country has an obligation to help asylum seekers. People don't discuss it as much today, but this is one of our country's founding principles."

      Editor: yan
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Roundup: Italy's new gov't moving fast in speaking out against refugees, asylum seekers

      Source: Xinhua 2018-06-07 04:26:45

      by Eric J. Lyman

      ROME, June 6 (Xinhua) -- Less than a week into the mandate of Italy's newest government, officials are already raising eyebrows for the hardline stance they are taking against refugees.

      The anti-migrant stance is not a surprise. Matteo Salvini, the leader of the nationalist League -- one of the two parties supporting the government and the country's new minister of the interior -- promised as much during the campaign. But the language from the new government is so far stronger and more pointed than on other controversial planks of its government program.

      "It is very worrying," Filippo Miraglia, vice-president of the Italian Cultural Recreation Association (ARCI) and the author of the book "Refugees: Conversations About Borders, Politics, and Rights," told Xinhua. "The government is striking quickly to essentially criminalize being a refugee."

      In his first weekend in his new job, Salvini traveled to the Sicilian port city of Pozzallo, home of a major reception center for refugees.

      He said that recent at-sea deaths of would-be refugees trying to reach Italy's shores should have been prevented by not allowing the boats they use to leave the shores of Africa. Salvini told reporters that Italy "cannot be Europe's refugee camp."

      Salvini said if the European Union (EU) does not do more to help Italy confront the refugee problem, Italy would be forced to "choose other methods."

      In another rally in northern Italy, Salvini said illegal migrants to Italy should "get ready to pack (their) bags."

      Salvini has vowed to expel as many as 500,000 migrants from the country. More than 600,000 migrants are thought to have landed on Italian shores since 2014. Though the numbers have been falling since the start of last year, nearly 11,000 are thought to have arrived so far in 2018 and more than 100,000 arrived last year. Thousands have died at sea attempting to reach Italy.

      The Five-Star Movement, the other party in the ruling coalition, has not been as vocal about the migrant issue. But Giuseppe Conte, the government's prime minister, addressed the two houses of parliament on back-to-back days and spoke about the issue both times.

      On Wednesday, Conte told senators the new government could call for the Dublin Resolution to be reformed so that there would be more of a "fair distribution of responsibilities."

      The Dublin Regulation requires would-be asylum seekers to be processed in the country of arrival, placing much of the processing burden on southern European countries with long coastlines, like Italy and Greece.

      On Thursday, speaking in the lower house, Conte criticized the EU for "leaving Italy alone" to deal with the migrant issue. He said asylum seekers should be distributed around Europe.

      Analysts said Italy had "inexpensive and effective" methods for reducing migrant arrivals, such as reducing the amount its budgets for housing, feeding, and processing new arrivals.

      "The idea is that it would make Italy a less attractive landing point for migrants and so they might go home or set out for some other destination," Maurizio Ambrosini, a sociologist with the State University of Milan and a frequent commentator on migrant issues, told Xinhua.

      "But Article 10 of the Italian Constitution says the country has an obligation to help asylum seekers. People don't discuss it as much today, but this is one of our country's founding principles."

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105521372356961
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久AV中文综合一区二区| 国产福利一区视频| 十八禁网站在线观看| 亚洲中文字幕在线第二页| 国产精品久久一区性色a| 亚洲高清一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲欧洲综合有码无码| 另类性姿势bbwbbw| 国产精品自在线拍国产手机版| 中文字幕偷拍亚洲九色| 国产成人午夜三级视频| 大陆啪啪福利视频| 日韩高清在线中文字带字幕| 亚洲中文字幕va福利| 日本一区不卡高清在线观看| 国产短视频精品区第一页| 久久国产精品老女人| 国内精品伊人久久久久影院对白| 亚洲av制服一区二区三区 | 人人添人人妻人人爽夜欢视av| 国产精品成人免费久久黄| 国产三级国产精品三级在专区| 免费看毛片| 欲色影视天天一区二区三区色香欲 | 日本一区二区三区后入式| 国产精品一区二区日韩精品| 人妻少妇中文字幕久久69堂| 蜜桃视频免费高清观看在线播放| 成激情人妻视频| 99久久久国产精品免费无码专区| 国产精品黄色片一区二区| 房产| 久久青草国产精品一区| aⅴ一区二区三区无卡无码| 欧美日韩a级a| 杨幂国产精品一区二区| 和艳妇在厨房好爽在线观看| 性欧美tube69新版本| 一本色道精品久久一区二区三区| 玩弄极品少妇被弄到高潮| 人妻av无码专区久久|