"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Italy in another tug-of-war with NGO rescue ship, EU

      Source: Xinhua    2018-06-21 23:45:59

      by Stefania Fumo

      ROME, June 21 (Xinhua) -- Italian authorities engaged in another standoff with a humanitarian NGO vessel in the Mediterranean on Thursday, even as the EU backed down on a proposed reform that irked Italy to the point where Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said he might not take part in a migration pre-summit in Brussels on Sunday.

      It began with a tweet from Mission Lifeline, a German NGO. "We are currently rescuing 300 to 400 people," the German NGO tweeted early on Thursday. "Reinforcement by the Italian Coast Guard or merchant ships is required."

      Italian interior minister Matteo Salvini, who leads the far-right League party and also serves as deputy prime minister, reacted with a video on Facebook.

      In it, he accused the Mission Lifeline vessel of "forcibly embarking 224 illegal immigrants", saying that "the only way this ship of pseudo-volunteers...will see Italy is on a postcard".

      Earlier this month, Salvini made international headlines when he turned away the Aquarius, another NGO migrant rescue ship with 629 people on board. The rescue ship docked in Spain instead.

      Italian transport minister Danilo Toninelli followed up on prime minister's Tweet, claiming on Facebook that the Mission Lifeline vessel operated in Libyan waters "in violation of international law".

      "The law of the sea does not allow unregulated ships to navigate," Toninelli said.

      Meanwhile, Italy appeared to score a major point when the European Union (EU) backed down on a draft document that had circulated ahead of a pre-summit on migration and asylum this Sunday in Brussels.

      The draft reportedly emphasized the need to stop migrants from traveling within the EU and speeding up procedures to send them back to the country where they first arrived -- which is usually Italy.

      This prompted Conte to suggest he would snub the meeting. However, on Thursday, German Chancellor Angela Merkel put a stop to this possibility with a phone call to Conte.

      "I confirmed to her that it would have been unacceptable for me to take part in the pre-summit (to debate) a prefabricated text," Conte wrote on Facebook.

      "The Chancellor said there had been a misunderstanding, and that the draft document released yesterday will be set aside."

      The pre-summit was called by European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker ahead of a European Council summit on June 28 and 29, when a reform of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) will feature prominently on the agenda.

      Italy's proposal at the pre-summit may include opening "European protection centers" to process asylum claims in migrant countries of origin and transit, Italian news agency ANSA reported, citing government sources.

      Italy, Greece, and Spain have borne the brunt of the migration crisis, as tens of thousands of men, women and children fleeing war and destitution in Africa and the Middle East entrust their lives to migrant traffickers to illegally ferry them across the Mediterranean.

      Italy's new right-wing, populist coalition government has taken a hardline stance on immigration, as promised on the campaign trail.

      Editor: yan
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Italy in another tug-of-war with NGO rescue ship, EU

      Source: Xinhua 2018-06-21 23:45:59

      by Stefania Fumo

      ROME, June 21 (Xinhua) -- Italian authorities engaged in another standoff with a humanitarian NGO vessel in the Mediterranean on Thursday, even as the EU backed down on a proposed reform that irked Italy to the point where Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said he might not take part in a migration pre-summit in Brussels on Sunday.

      It began with a tweet from Mission Lifeline, a German NGO. "We are currently rescuing 300 to 400 people," the German NGO tweeted early on Thursday. "Reinforcement by the Italian Coast Guard or merchant ships is required."

      Italian interior minister Matteo Salvini, who leads the far-right League party and also serves as deputy prime minister, reacted with a video on Facebook.

      In it, he accused the Mission Lifeline vessel of "forcibly embarking 224 illegal immigrants", saying that "the only way this ship of pseudo-volunteers...will see Italy is on a postcard".

      Earlier this month, Salvini made international headlines when he turned away the Aquarius, another NGO migrant rescue ship with 629 people on board. The rescue ship docked in Spain instead.

      Italian transport minister Danilo Toninelli followed up on prime minister's Tweet, claiming on Facebook that the Mission Lifeline vessel operated in Libyan waters "in violation of international law".

      "The law of the sea does not allow unregulated ships to navigate," Toninelli said.

      Meanwhile, Italy appeared to score a major point when the European Union (EU) backed down on a draft document that had circulated ahead of a pre-summit on migration and asylum this Sunday in Brussels.

      The draft reportedly emphasized the need to stop migrants from traveling within the EU and speeding up procedures to send them back to the country where they first arrived -- which is usually Italy.

      This prompted Conte to suggest he would snub the meeting. However, on Thursday, German Chancellor Angela Merkel put a stop to this possibility with a phone call to Conte.

      "I confirmed to her that it would have been unacceptable for me to take part in the pre-summit (to debate) a prefabricated text," Conte wrote on Facebook.

      "The Chancellor said there had been a misunderstanding, and that the draft document released yesterday will be set aside."

      The pre-summit was called by European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker ahead of a European Council summit on June 28 and 29, when a reform of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) will feature prominently on the agenda.

      Italy's proposal at the pre-summit may include opening "European protection centers" to process asylum claims in migrant countries of origin and transit, Italian news agency ANSA reported, citing government sources.

      Italy, Greece, and Spain have borne the brunt of the migration crisis, as tens of thousands of men, women and children fleeing war and destitution in Africa and the Middle East entrust their lives to migrant traffickers to illegally ferry them across the Mediterranean.

      Italy's new right-wing, populist coalition government has taken a hardline stance on immigration, as promised on the campaign trail.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011105521372716831
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲AV日韩Av无码久久| 99久久无色码中文字幕鲁信| 中文字幕少妇人妻视频| 一区二区三区鲁丝不卡| 久久99热只有频精品8| 久久国产热精品波多野结衣av| 粗大猛烈进出高潮视频二| 中文字幕无码日韩欧毛| 亚洲国产精品一区二区第一页免 | 综合久久av一区二区三区| av天堂资源在线免费播放| 天天久久狠狠伊人第一麻豆| 波多吉野一区二区三区av| 国产亚洲美女精品久久久2020| 日本韩国黄色三级三级| av网址手机在线免费观看| 亚洲日韩国产精品不卡一区在线| 阳东县| 中文字幕一区二区网站| 国产精品亚洲专区一区二区| 久草91这里只有精品| 人妻中文字幕一区二区二区| 日韩亚洲中文图片小说| 91日本在线精品高清观看| 国产成人欧美综合在线影院 | 丝袜美腿国产精品视频| 国产99精品精品久久免费| 午夜视频网址| 亚洲国产成人福利精品| 国产精品视频亚洲二区| 国产一区二区久久久| 麻豆久久久国内精品| 国产福利一区视频| 国产人妻人伦精品婷婷| 神马不卡一区二区三级| 99riav国产精品视频| 日韩中文字幕高清在线专区| 国产永久免费高清在线观看| 丰满熟妇人妻无码区| 国产av一区二区三区丝袜| 亚洲国产剧情一区在线观看|