亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Trump slams restaurant asking his spokeswoman to leave
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-06-26 05:37:01 | Editor: huaxia

      U.S. President Donald Trump speaks with supporters during a roundtable event in Las Vegas, Nevada, on June 23, 2018. (AFP Photo)

      WASHINGTON, June 25 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday slammed a restaurant named Red Hen that asked White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave because she worked and spoke for him.

      "The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders," Trump tweeted.

      "I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it is dirty on the inside!" the president wrote on Twitter.

      It was unclear whether Trump had ever visited the restaurant located in downtown Lexington, the state of Virginia, or how he would have determined its level of cleanliness.

      In recent years, the Red Hen has passed its inspections with minor or no violations, according to Virginia's Department of Health restaurant inspections which are public records available online.

      On Feb. 6, inspectors visiting Red Hen observed "good food/unit temperatures," staff with "clean uniforms/aprons," and an "excellent job on code-dating." No follow-up was required, according to local media reports.

      Sanders tweeted Saturday that she had been asked to leave the restaurant Friday evening because she worked in the Trump administration, and she "politely left" after the request.

      The owner of the restaurant, Stephanie Wilkinson, said later she was notified of Sanders' visit by some of her gay staff, who were uncomfortable serving a member of the administration allegedly unfriendly to gays.

      They were also not happy with the way the White House has been dealing with illegal immigrants in recent months, particularly after border patrol agents began separating adult immigrants from their children, she added.

      Wilkinson said she took Sanders aside and asked her to leave, a request the White House staffer complied with. The party was not charged for the food they were served before their departure.

      Following Sanders tweeting, debates erupted on media panels and social media alike, as pundits and people expressed their support, dismay or even anger at Wilkinson's gesture.

      The Washington Post, a mainstream media that disagrees with the Trump administration more often than not, weighed in on Sanders' side, issuing an editorial saying even controversial public figures should have their private life protected.

      "It wasn't the first time recently that strong political feelings have spilled into what used to be considered private sphere. We understand the strength of the feelings, but we don't think the spilling is a healthy development," the article said.

      Sanders' misadventure came shortly after Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller were heckled at Washington restaurants.

      There was criticism of Sanders too, with some questioning her action of calling out the restaurant by name on social media.

      Walter Shaub, former head of Office of Government Ethics, said it was potentially illegal.

      "Sanders used her official government account to condemn a private business for personal reasons. Seeks to coerce business by using her office to get public to pressure it," Shaub said.Of all the consequences of the incident, perhaps the most unintended was the experience other businesses by the same name faced.

      A Vermont bakery and three restaurants in New Jersey, Connecticut and Washington D.C., also named Red Hen, were wrongly targeted by confused Trump supporters.

      Shelley Deproto, who owns the Red Hen in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, said she became aware of Sanders' experience only after receiving angry calls. She said she also received fake bookings and take-out orders, threats, and bad reviews on social media.

      At the Red Hen in Swedesboro, New Jersey, Operating Manager Elizabeth Pope said angry comments and bad reviews flooded the restaurant's Facebook page.

      "People have no idea. They've dropped our rating from a 4.8 stars to three-point-something," Pope said.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Trump slams restaurant asking his spokeswoman to leave

      Source: Xinhua 2018-06-26 05:37:01

      U.S. President Donald Trump speaks with supporters during a roundtable event in Las Vegas, Nevada, on June 23, 2018. (AFP Photo)

      WASHINGTON, June 25 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday slammed a restaurant named Red Hen that asked White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave because she worked and spoke for him.

      "The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders," Trump tweeted.

      "I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it is dirty on the inside!" the president wrote on Twitter.

      It was unclear whether Trump had ever visited the restaurant located in downtown Lexington, the state of Virginia, or how he would have determined its level of cleanliness.

      In recent years, the Red Hen has passed its inspections with minor or no violations, according to Virginia's Department of Health restaurant inspections which are public records available online.

      On Feb. 6, inspectors visiting Red Hen observed "good food/unit temperatures," staff with "clean uniforms/aprons," and an "excellent job on code-dating." No follow-up was required, according to local media reports.

      Sanders tweeted Saturday that she had been asked to leave the restaurant Friday evening because she worked in the Trump administration, and she "politely left" after the request.

      The owner of the restaurant, Stephanie Wilkinson, said later she was notified of Sanders' visit by some of her gay staff, who were uncomfortable serving a member of the administration allegedly unfriendly to gays.

      They were also not happy with the way the White House has been dealing with illegal immigrants in recent months, particularly after border patrol agents began separating adult immigrants from their children, she added.

      Wilkinson said she took Sanders aside and asked her to leave, a request the White House staffer complied with. The party was not charged for the food they were served before their departure.

      Following Sanders tweeting, debates erupted on media panels and social media alike, as pundits and people expressed their support, dismay or even anger at Wilkinson's gesture.

      The Washington Post, a mainstream media that disagrees with the Trump administration more often than not, weighed in on Sanders' side, issuing an editorial saying even controversial public figures should have their private life protected.

      "It wasn't the first time recently that strong political feelings have spilled into what used to be considered private sphere. We understand the strength of the feelings, but we don't think the spilling is a healthy development," the article said.

      Sanders' misadventure came shortly after Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller were heckled at Washington restaurants.

      There was criticism of Sanders too, with some questioning her action of calling out the restaurant by name on social media.

      Walter Shaub, former head of Office of Government Ethics, said it was potentially illegal.

      "Sanders used her official government account to condemn a private business for personal reasons. Seeks to coerce business by using her office to get public to pressure it," Shaub said.Of all the consequences of the incident, perhaps the most unintended was the experience other businesses by the same name faced.

      A Vermont bakery and three restaurants in New Jersey, Connecticut and Washington D.C., also named Red Hen, were wrongly targeted by confused Trump supporters.

      Shelley Deproto, who owns the Red Hen in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, said she became aware of Sanders' experience only after receiving angry calls. She said she also received fake bookings and take-out orders, threats, and bad reviews on social media.

      At the Red Hen in Swedesboro, New Jersey, Operating Manager Elizabeth Pope said angry comments and bad reviews flooded the restaurant's Facebook page.

      "People have no idea. They've dropped our rating from a 4.8 stars to three-point-something," Pope said.

      010020070750000000000000011105091372804051
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲av成人无码天堂| 国产成人啪精品视频免费网| 胶州市| 2021精品国产综合久久| 西西午夜无码大胆啪啪国模| 亚洲 卡通 欧美 制服 中文| 亚洲午夜性猛春交xxxx| 99精品无人区乱码1区2区3区| 精品国产一区二区三区香蕉| 国产suv精品一区二区五| 精品国产乱来一区二区三区| 水蜜桃视频在线观看免费18| 亚洲欧美日韩另类精品一区| 精品国产一区91在线| a级大胆欧美人体大胆666| 本溪| 亚洲欧美日韩国产综合专区| 无遮挡一级毛片呦女视频| 久久亚洲国产成人精品性色| 国产免费一区二区av| 国产免费激情小视频在线观看| 久久久久国产精品免费免费搜索| 午夜亚洲精品久久一区二区| 亚洲无码毛片免费视频在线观看| 国产一级人片内射视频播放| 久久国产香蕉一区精品天美| 熟女人妻丰满熟妇啪啪| 国产成人亚洲精品2020| 丝袜系列在线视频国产| 久久久久亚洲AV无码专区一区| 国产精品色内内在线播放| 亚洲情精品中文字幕有码在线| 成人免费观看在线播放视频| 国产码欧美日韩高清综合一区| 一区二区三区午夜无码视频| 国产丰满乱子伦无码专| 久久这里只有精品少妇| 制服丝袜第10页综合| 国产精品久久久久9999| 婷婷开心五月综合基地| 热久久网站|