"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      17 U.S. states sue Trump administration over family separation policy

      Source: Xinhua    2018-06-27 15:14:27

      SAN FRANCISCO, June 26 (Xinhua) -- Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson Tuesday formally filed a multistate lawsuit against U.S. President Donald Trump's "family separation" immigration policy.

      The legal action led by Ferguson and brought to the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington was joined by a coalition comprising the District of Columbia and 17 states, including California, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Vermont and Washington.

      The Washington State Attorney General Office said in a statement Tuesday that the Trump administration has "violated the constitutional due process rights of the parents and children by separating without any finding that the parents pose a threat to the children."

      "The Administration has been violating federal asylum laws by turning away families that show up at ports of entry seeking asylum," it said.

      Describing the case as "something important about who we are as a people," Ferguson said, "We will stand up for the Constitution, basic decency and fundamental American values."

      Ferguson and Washington Governor Jay Inslee announced the lawsuit last week outside the federal prison in SeaTac, Washington, where the federal government was detaining dozens of women after forcibly separating their children from them.

      The Trump administration's "zero-tolerance" policy on illegal immigration dictates that all immigrants arriving U.S. shores illegally should be handed in for prosecution and detained under federal custody, and that children traveling with their parents will be sent separately to the U.S. Health and Human Services Department, where they are supervised by other family members, provided with shelters, or sent to foster homes.

      Facing domestic and international backlash, Trump signed an executive order last Wednesday to end the administration's controversial practice of separating migrant children from their parents crossing the U.S. border illegally.

      "At the same time, we are keeping a very powerful border, and it continues to be a zero tolerance. We have zero tolerance for people who enter our country illegally," Trump said after he signed the executive order.

      The Washington Attorney General Office said Trump's executive order does nothing to reunify families already torn apart by his policy, criticizing it as "riddled with so many caveats as to be meaningless."

      Tuesday's lawsuit said until Trump signed the executive order, his zero-tolerance policy "had resulted in the separation of over two thousand children from their parents at the Southwestern border, most recently at a rate of 50-70 families separated every day."

      "This unlawful practice exacerbates the trauma already suffered by refugee families while simultaneously artificially increasing illegal entry violations," the complaint read.

      Ferguson has filed 27 lawsuits against the Trump administration and has so far won nine of them.

      "My office has not yet lost a lawsuit to the Trump Administration, and we do not intend to lose this one," Ferguson said.

      Also on Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court backed Trump's travel ban targeting citizens of several Muslim-majority nations in a 5-4 vote.

      Trump hailed the ruling as "a tremendous victory for the American people and our Constitution," even though it is expected to spark fresh protests and further divide the country.

      Editor: Xiang Bo
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      17 U.S. states sue Trump administration over family separation policy

      Source: Xinhua 2018-06-27 15:14:27

      SAN FRANCISCO, June 26 (Xinhua) -- Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson Tuesday formally filed a multistate lawsuit against U.S. President Donald Trump's "family separation" immigration policy.

      The legal action led by Ferguson and brought to the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington was joined by a coalition comprising the District of Columbia and 17 states, including California, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Vermont and Washington.

      The Washington State Attorney General Office said in a statement Tuesday that the Trump administration has "violated the constitutional due process rights of the parents and children by separating without any finding that the parents pose a threat to the children."

      "The Administration has been violating federal asylum laws by turning away families that show up at ports of entry seeking asylum," it said.

      Describing the case as "something important about who we are as a people," Ferguson said, "We will stand up for the Constitution, basic decency and fundamental American values."

      Ferguson and Washington Governor Jay Inslee announced the lawsuit last week outside the federal prison in SeaTac, Washington, where the federal government was detaining dozens of women after forcibly separating their children from them.

      The Trump administration's "zero-tolerance" policy on illegal immigration dictates that all immigrants arriving U.S. shores illegally should be handed in for prosecution and detained under federal custody, and that children traveling with their parents will be sent separately to the U.S. Health and Human Services Department, where they are supervised by other family members, provided with shelters, or sent to foster homes.

      Facing domestic and international backlash, Trump signed an executive order last Wednesday to end the administration's controversial practice of separating migrant children from their parents crossing the U.S. border illegally.

      "At the same time, we are keeping a very powerful border, and it continues to be a zero tolerance. We have zero tolerance for people who enter our country illegally," Trump said after he signed the executive order.

      The Washington Attorney General Office said Trump's executive order does nothing to reunify families already torn apart by his policy, criticizing it as "riddled with so many caveats as to be meaningless."

      Tuesday's lawsuit said until Trump signed the executive order, his zero-tolerance policy "had resulted in the separation of over two thousand children from their parents at the Southwestern border, most recently at a rate of 50-70 families separated every day."

      "This unlawful practice exacerbates the trauma already suffered by refugee families while simultaneously artificially increasing illegal entry violations," the complaint read.

      Ferguson has filed 27 lawsuits against the Trump administration and has so far won nine of them.

      "My office has not yet lost a lawsuit to the Trump Administration, and we do not intend to lose this one," Ferguson said.

      Also on Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court backed Trump's travel ban targeting citizens of several Muslim-majority nations in a 5-4 vote.

      Trump hailed the ruling as "a tremendous victory for the American people and our Constitution," even though it is expected to spark fresh protests and further divide the country.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001372842271
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 中国国内新视频在线不卡免费看| av国内精品久久久久影院| japan丰满人妻videoshd| 中文字幕第一区| 亚洲视频一区二区久久久| 日本一区二区三区最新不卡视频| 久久婷婷国产精品香蕉| 亚洲综合精品中文字幕| 综合五月网| 日韩av在线不卡二区高清| 如何看色黄视频中文字幕| 亚欧免费无码AⅤ在线观看| 女人高潮抽搐喷液30分钟视频| 亚洲国产精品一区第二页| 产精品无码久久_亚洲国产精 | 97成人碰碰久久人人超级碰oo| 日本熟妇xxx| 久久精品亚洲一区二区| 中文字幕日韩精品人妻在线| 爱v天堂在线观看| 精品国产网站| 久久久久综合一本久道| 高阳县| 特一级熟女毛片免费观看| 亚洲国产成人手机在线电影| 天天射天天操天天综合网| 在熟睡夫面前侵犯我在线播放| 人妻有码av中文字幕久久琪| av东京热一区二区三区| 一本久到久久亚洲综合| 这里只有精品国产| 国产精品毛片在线看不卡| 亚洲中文字幕乱码免费播放| 国产最新AV在线播放不卡| 男人av天堂专区| 日本欧美午夜| 白朗县| 亚洲欧洲美洲无码精品va| 亚洲va中文在线播放免费| 青草青草伊人精品视频| 亚洲中文字幕精品一区二区|