亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Africa  

      Villagers in fear as heavily armed al-Shabab spotted in Kenya's coastal region

      Source: Xinhua   2018-07-02 21:56:00

      LAMU, Kenya, July 2 (Xinhua) -- The Kenyan authorities on Monday issued a terror alert after suspected group of heavily armed suspected al-Shabab militants were sighted within the vast Boni forest in coastal Kenya's Lamu county.

      The militants numbering to at least 200 were sighted by honey harvesters who were going on their business in Belasange area inside the Boni forest when they stumbled upon the large group of militants.

      The militants are reported to have fired at about 20 civilians but no one was injured as they managed to escape back to safety and reported the incident.

      Locals around the area said they are now living in fear of the militants who are obviously lurking around their villages.

      "We worry that they could attack us anytime now. That has always been the trend. If they are in the forest at this time, it only means that they are preparing to launch an attack somewhere in the county or beyond. We are worried," said Msuo Suli, a village head and honey harvester.

      There was no immediate comment from Kenyan authorities on the presence of the militants in the tourism resort region.

      One of the youth who witnessed the incident Hussein Hamisi, said "we had noticed so many footprints which suggested there had been a group of people and out of curiosity, we followed. That is when we came upon them. We knew it was al-Shabab. We could see guns and other arms. They were in a camp more or less since, we could see tents," said Hamisi.

      "There was smoke also which implied that they were cooking. From the look of things, they had been there for several weeks now. When they saw us they fired in our direction while others fired in the air. We just fled," he added.

      Following the incident, locals in the area now want the government to increase security patrols to avert and combat any possible terror attacks that could be in the pipeline.

      Previous reports have indicated that al-Shabab militants have set base and homes inside the forest from where they operate and live with their families.

      The area is home to at least 2,000 people from the Boni minority community who are traditionally hunters and gatherers.

      The Pandanguo village has however become the perfect target and get-away for al-Shabab militants.

      On July 5, 2017, over 200 al-Shabab militants raided the village, ransacked all houses and made away with cutlery, foodstuff and clothes, leaving the villagers with nothing.

      The village and many others close to the Boni forest all fall within security operation zones that are currently underway.

      The Boni forest is currently under a security operation dubbed the Linda Boni Operation which is meant to flush out al-Shabab militants who are believed to be hiding from where they continue to launch attacks on various parts of the county and beyond.

      The operation was launched by the national government in 2015 and is being conducted by among other units the Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) and other security agencies.

      Editor: Li Xia
      Related News
      Home >> Africa            
      Xinhuanet

      Villagers in fear as heavily armed al-Shabab spotted in Kenya's coastal region

      Source: Xinhua 2018-07-02 21:56:00

      LAMU, Kenya, July 2 (Xinhua) -- The Kenyan authorities on Monday issued a terror alert after suspected group of heavily armed suspected al-Shabab militants were sighted within the vast Boni forest in coastal Kenya's Lamu county.

      The militants numbering to at least 200 were sighted by honey harvesters who were going on their business in Belasange area inside the Boni forest when they stumbled upon the large group of militants.

      The militants are reported to have fired at about 20 civilians but no one was injured as they managed to escape back to safety and reported the incident.

      Locals around the area said they are now living in fear of the militants who are obviously lurking around their villages.

      "We worry that they could attack us anytime now. That has always been the trend. If they are in the forest at this time, it only means that they are preparing to launch an attack somewhere in the county or beyond. We are worried," said Msuo Suli, a village head and honey harvester.

      There was no immediate comment from Kenyan authorities on the presence of the militants in the tourism resort region.

      One of the youth who witnessed the incident Hussein Hamisi, said "we had noticed so many footprints which suggested there had been a group of people and out of curiosity, we followed. That is when we came upon them. We knew it was al-Shabab. We could see guns and other arms. They were in a camp more or less since, we could see tents," said Hamisi.

      "There was smoke also which implied that they were cooking. From the look of things, they had been there for several weeks now. When they saw us they fired in our direction while others fired in the air. We just fled," he added.

      Following the incident, locals in the area now want the government to increase security patrols to avert and combat any possible terror attacks that could be in the pipeline.

      Previous reports have indicated that al-Shabab militants have set base and homes inside the forest from where they operate and live with their families.

      The area is home to at least 2,000 people from the Boni minority community who are traditionally hunters and gatherers.

      The Pandanguo village has however become the perfect target and get-away for al-Shabab militants.

      On July 5, 2017, over 200 al-Shabab militants raided the village, ransacked all houses and made away with cutlery, foodstuff and clothes, leaving the villagers with nothing.

      The village and many others close to the Boni forest all fall within security operation zones that are currently underway.

      The Boni forest is currently under a security operation dubbed the Linda Boni Operation which is meant to flush out al-Shabab militants who are believed to be hiding from where they continue to launch attacks on various parts of the county and beyond.

      The operation was launched by the national government in 2015 and is being conducted by among other units the Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) and other security agencies.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001372965661
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕在线观看国产双飞高清| 国产福利影院在线观看| 人妻精品无码一区二区三区| 国自产拍偷拍精品啪啪一区二区| 亚洲欧美日韩中文二区| 一级毛片网| 久草国产手机视频在线观看| 成人av中文字幕在线| 四虎永久在线精品免费无码| 亚洲精品色婷婷一区二区| 亚洲AV无码国产精品色午夜软件 | 国产一区二区黑丝美女| 91久久精品一二三区蜜桃| 久久久久久国产精品免费网站| 97人妻无码免费专区| 在线观看无码av免费不卡网站| 熟女一区二区中文在线| 国产精品成人片在线观看| 中文字幕亚洲区第一页| 精品日本一区二区视频| 亚洲熟妇av日韩熟妇av| 最新 国产 精品 精品 视频 | 国产在线欧美日韩精品一区二区| 国产精品99一区不卡| 国产精品99久久久久久人| 性一交一乱一乱一视频| 久久久久日本精品人妻aⅴ毛片| 亚洲AV无码乱码一区二区三区| 区。| 一区二区久久精品66国产精品| 免费在线日韩| 亚洲熟女WWW一区二区三区| 尤物国精品午夜福利视频| 精美亚洲一区二区三区| 国产精品后入内射视频| 麻豆国产乱人伦精品一区二区| 无码午夜人妻一区二区三区不卡视频| 无码人妻丰满熟妇区五十路| 久久亚洲精彩无码天堂| 策勒县| av手机在线天堂网|