亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      UN Security Council imposes arms embargo on South Sudan
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-07-14 02:00:54 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: Internally displaced persons (IDPs) prepare food at a temporary camp near Juba International Airport in Juba, capital of South Sudan, Jan. 7, 2017. (Xinhua/Gale Julius)

      UNITED NATIONS, July 13 (Xinhua) -- The Security Council on Friday adopted a resolution to impose an arms embargo on South Sudan in addition to current sanctions, till May 31, 2019.

      Resolution 2428 won nine votes in favor, the minimum requirement for adoption. The remaining six members of the Security Council -- Bolivia, China, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan and Russia -- abstained.

      To be adopted, a Security Council resolution needs nine votes in favor and no veto from any of the five permanent members of the council -- Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States.

      Resolution 2428 renews a travel ban and asset freeze against designated individuals and entities till May 31, 2019. It also renews the mandate of the Panel of Experts, who assist the work of the sanctions committee, until July 1, 2019.

      The resolution adds two individuals to the blacklist for travel ban and asset freeze. They are Malek Reuben Riak Rengu, the former deputy chief of staff of South Sudan's army, and Paul Malong Awan, former chief of staff of South Sudan's army who rebelled last year.

      The resolution expresses deep concern at the failures of South Sudanese leaders to bring an end to the hostilities and condemns the continued and flagrant violations of peace agreements.

      The Security Council adopted a U.S.-drafted resolution on May 31 to renew South Sudan sanctions temporarily till July 15, 2018, to allow time for the introduction of an arms embargo unless the parties stop fighting and agree on a viable political agreement.

      A recent report of UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said fighting did not stop in South Sudan.

      Before the vote, Ethiopian Ambassador to the United Nations Tekeda Alemu, whose country is leading regional efforts to revitalize the South Sudan peace process, told the Security Council that the timing for the introduction of an arms embargo is not right and asked members not to vote for the U.S. draft.

      Shortly after its independence from Sudan in 2011, South Sudan plunged into civil war. Up to 300,000 people are estimated to have been killed since late 2013. More than 1.5 million people have fled to neighboring countries, and many more are internally displaced.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      UN Security Council imposes arms embargo on South Sudan

      Source: Xinhua 2018-07-14 02:00:54

      File Photo: Internally displaced persons (IDPs) prepare food at a temporary camp near Juba International Airport in Juba, capital of South Sudan, Jan. 7, 2017. (Xinhua/Gale Julius)

      UNITED NATIONS, July 13 (Xinhua) -- The Security Council on Friday adopted a resolution to impose an arms embargo on South Sudan in addition to current sanctions, till May 31, 2019.

      Resolution 2428 won nine votes in favor, the minimum requirement for adoption. The remaining six members of the Security Council -- Bolivia, China, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan and Russia -- abstained.

      To be adopted, a Security Council resolution needs nine votes in favor and no veto from any of the five permanent members of the council -- Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States.

      Resolution 2428 renews a travel ban and asset freeze against designated individuals and entities till May 31, 2019. It also renews the mandate of the Panel of Experts, who assist the work of the sanctions committee, until July 1, 2019.

      The resolution adds two individuals to the blacklist for travel ban and asset freeze. They are Malek Reuben Riak Rengu, the former deputy chief of staff of South Sudan's army, and Paul Malong Awan, former chief of staff of South Sudan's army who rebelled last year.

      The resolution expresses deep concern at the failures of South Sudanese leaders to bring an end to the hostilities and condemns the continued and flagrant violations of peace agreements.

      The Security Council adopted a U.S.-drafted resolution on May 31 to renew South Sudan sanctions temporarily till July 15, 2018, to allow time for the introduction of an arms embargo unless the parties stop fighting and agree on a viable political agreement.

      A recent report of UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said fighting did not stop in South Sudan.

      Before the vote, Ethiopian Ambassador to the United Nations Tekeda Alemu, whose country is leading regional efforts to revitalize the South Sudan peace process, told the Security Council that the timing for the introduction of an arms embargo is not right and asked members not to vote for the U.S. draft.

      Shortly after its independence from Sudan in 2011, South Sudan plunged into civil war. Up to 300,000 people are estimated to have been killed since late 2013. More than 1.5 million people have fled to neighboring countries, and many more are internally displaced.

      010020070750000000000000011105091373226741
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 一区二区三区不卡免费av| 亚洲AV无码专区电影在线观看| 亚洲一级av大片在线观看| 中文字幕精品久久久久人妻红杏1| 国产麻豆成人传媒免费观看| 精美亚洲一区二区三区| 亚洲色图在线视频免费观看| 杨幂Av一区二区三区| 丰满人妻一区二区乱码中文电影网| 高潮迭起av乳颜射后入| 久久蜜臀一区二区三区av| 人妖另类综合视频网站| 成年女人片免费视频播放A| 亚洲一区二区三区在线激情| 久久亚洲国产精品一区二区| 亚洲一区二区精品久久岳| 亚洲av粉色一区二区三区| 天天av天天翘天天综合网色鬼| 国产精品视频一区二区噜| 无码人妻少妇久久中文字幕| 永新县| 四虎国产精品免费久久麻豆| 亚洲精品久久久久久久蜜桃臀| 久久国产乱子伦免费精品无码 | 一本大道无码日韩精品影视| 亚洲国产综合性亚洲综合性| 日韩人妻中文字幕一区二区三区| 中文字幕亚洲人妻系列| 国产在线精品福利大全| 北条麻妃精品一区二区三区| 18禁黄无遮挡免费网站| 女人高潮呻吟在线观看| 久久久久亚洲av成人网人人网站| 亚洲成人av一区二区| av永久天堂一区二区三区蜜桃| 蜜桃av一区二区高潮久久| 无码av大香线蕉伊人久久| 日韩一区中文字幕久久| 国产主播一区二区在线观看| 亚洲天堂中文字幕君一二三四| 一区二区三区无码按摩精油|