"/>

      亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
      Lao authorities speed up search, relief, recovery efforts in flood-hit south
      Source: Xinhua   2018-08-09 12:28:31

      VIENTIANE, Aug. 9 (Xinhua) -- Lao authorities have been speeding up the search, relief and recovery efforts after the flash flood in Attapeu province, where around 100 people are still missing, local daily Vientiane Times reported on Thursday.

      Lao Deputy Prime Minister Sonexay Siphandone said that locating the missing people remains a matter of urgency as many foreign rescue teams have returned home.

      As of Wednesday, the death toll from the July 23 inundation caused by the collapse of an auxiliary dam at the Xe-Pian Xe-Namnoy hydropower project in Attapeu, some 560 km southeast of Lao capital Vientiane, had climbed to 35.

      Among the 35, three died in hospital, Sonexay on Wednesday told a meeting of the National Ad Hoc Committee in charge of dealing with the aftermath of the flood.

      A local official involved in victim assistance said hope was fading for those who were still missing. Many of them were children and old people, who witnesses said had been swept away by the raging torrent. Rescue efforts have been hampered by difficult conditions as they wade through deep, sticky mud. And with many of those missing thought to be buried in the mud, heat-detecting devices are unlikely to function, said the daily.

      Unexploded ordnance (UXO) dropped by the United States during the Vietnam War that is reportedly still buried in the flooded area is an added difficulty in the search and rescue effort.

      The deputy prime minister told officials to properly distribute relief supplies to meet the needs of all affected villagers.

      The Lao Ministry of Public Works and Transport was told to expedite construction of four bridges and improve roads to ease access between the provincial capital and Sanmaxay district and accelerate the transport of supplies to temporary shelters.

      More than 6,000 displaced people are now living in five temporary centers, including five schools.

      Sonexay called for hard work to speed up the construction of temporary houses to accommodate those currently living in schools. This would enable the schools to reopen for the start of the new academic year, which begins next month.

      The committee noted that the most urgent need was for dried and instant food and rice, along with drinking water and clean water for daily use, as well as household and cooking equipment.

      The official stressed the need to ensure the supplies and money that had been donated was used efficiently for the intended purposes, and in a transparent manner.

      On July 23, a saddle dam of the Xe-Pian Xe-Namnoy hydroelectric power project, invested by South Korean, Thai and Lao companies, burst, unleashing flood water from the mountain to 13 villages of Sanamxay district downstream the Xe Pian River.

      Six villages were almost submerged by the muddy flood with 13,000 villagers being affected. Till Wednesday, 35 people have been confirmed dead and 96 others remain missing in the dam collapse accident.

      Editor: mym
      Related News
      Xinhuanet

      Lao authorities speed up search, relief, recovery efforts in flood-hit south

      Source: Xinhua 2018-08-09 12:28:31
      [Editor: huaxia]

      VIENTIANE, Aug. 9 (Xinhua) -- Lao authorities have been speeding up the search, relief and recovery efforts after the flash flood in Attapeu province, where around 100 people are still missing, local daily Vientiane Times reported on Thursday.

      Lao Deputy Prime Minister Sonexay Siphandone said that locating the missing people remains a matter of urgency as many foreign rescue teams have returned home.

      As of Wednesday, the death toll from the July 23 inundation caused by the collapse of an auxiliary dam at the Xe-Pian Xe-Namnoy hydropower project in Attapeu, some 560 km southeast of Lao capital Vientiane, had climbed to 35.

      Among the 35, three died in hospital, Sonexay on Wednesday told a meeting of the National Ad Hoc Committee in charge of dealing with the aftermath of the flood.

      A local official involved in victim assistance said hope was fading for those who were still missing. Many of them were children and old people, who witnesses said had been swept away by the raging torrent. Rescue efforts have been hampered by difficult conditions as they wade through deep, sticky mud. And with many of those missing thought to be buried in the mud, heat-detecting devices are unlikely to function, said the daily.

      Unexploded ordnance (UXO) dropped by the United States during the Vietnam War that is reportedly still buried in the flooded area is an added difficulty in the search and rescue effort.

      The deputy prime minister told officials to properly distribute relief supplies to meet the needs of all affected villagers.

      The Lao Ministry of Public Works and Transport was told to expedite construction of four bridges and improve roads to ease access between the provincial capital and Sanmaxay district and accelerate the transport of supplies to temporary shelters.

      More than 6,000 displaced people are now living in five temporary centers, including five schools.

      Sonexay called for hard work to speed up the construction of temporary houses to accommodate those currently living in schools. This would enable the schools to reopen for the start of the new academic year, which begins next month.

      The committee noted that the most urgent need was for dried and instant food and rice, along with drinking water and clean water for daily use, as well as household and cooking equipment.

      The official stressed the need to ensure the supplies and money that had been donated was used efficiently for the intended purposes, and in a transparent manner.

      On July 23, a saddle dam of the Xe-Pian Xe-Namnoy hydroelectric power project, invested by South Korean, Thai and Lao companies, burst, unleashing flood water from the mountain to 13 villages of Sanamxay district downstream the Xe Pian River.

      Six villages were almost submerged by the muddy flood with 13,000 villagers being affected. Till Wednesday, 35 people have been confirmed dead and 96 others remain missing in the dam collapse accident.

      [Editor: huaxia]
      010020070750000000000000011100001373784641
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲熟妇AV乱码在线观看| 耿马| 精品一区二区国产av| 久久中文字幕久久久久| 毛片无码一区二区三区| 四虎影视永久免费观看| 天堂亚洲免费视频| 吉木萨尔县| 高清国产一级毛片国语| 亚洲色婷婷综合久久| 一本大道香蕉久中文在线播放| 人人妻人人澡av| 乌兰浩特市| 免费一级欧美大片久久网| 国产亚洲成av片在线观看| 又色又爽又黄又无遮挡网站 | 国产AV无码专区亚洲AWWW| 日本一区三区高清视频| 天堂AV无码AV毛片毛| 女人的天堂av在线播放| 国产免费观看av大片的网站| 久久精品国产屋| 西西少妇一区二区三区精品| 免费大黄网站在线观看| 欧美亚洲中日韩中文字幕在线| 18禁精品一区二区三区| 国产精品亚洲专区一区二区| 无码8090精品久久一区| 中文字幕制服国产精品| 国产羞涩免费视频在线观看| 中西区| 日本岛国精品中文字幕| 国产精品jizz在线观看软件| 中文字幕视频| 抚远县| 青青草99久久精品国产综合| 精品人妻中文字幕av| 久久精品黄色免费热线| 日产国产精品一区二区| 久久久久亚洲AV无码去区首| 国产亚洲三级在线视频|