亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      Pompeo says U.S. to defend against Iran lawsuit over leaving JCPOA, sanctions
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-08-28 02:36:32 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: A man works on a handwoven carpet at a bazaar in downtown Tehran, Iran, on July 30, 2018. Iran will file a lawsuit with international tribunals against U.S. fresh sanctions on importing handwoven Iranian rugs, Press TV reported on July 28. (Xinhua/Ahmad Halabisaz)

      WASHINGTON, Aug. 27 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Monday that Washington will defend itself in a case brought up by Iran in The Hague to protest the U.S. exit of the landmark Iran nuclear deal, and U.S. re-imposition of sanctions that were lifted under the deal.

      In a statement, Pompeo said that Iran's filing with the International Court of Justice (ICJ) "is an attempt to interfere with the sovereign rights of the United States to take lawful actions, including re-imposition of sanctions, which are necessary to protect our national security."

      Iran brought the case to the United Nations' highest court last month to challenge the U.S. decision to leave the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and to reimpose the sanctions that were suspended as part of that deal.

      Earlier on Monday, the opening day of court hearings in The Hague, the Netherlands, Iran requested that judges at the ICJ order the immediate lifting of U.S. sanctions.

      "The sanctions are unjust and harmful," said Mohsen Mohebi, head of the international legal affairs center of the Iranian President's office. "The sanctions are damaging the economy of Iran, and driving millions of people into poverty."

      Pompeo said "The proceedings instituted by Iran are a misuse of the Court," adding that Washington "will vigorously defend against Iran's meritless claims this week in The Hague," and to continue to work with allies to counter Iran's regional influence and ballistic missile program.

      Moreover, Iran asked the judges to note that the United States breached its obligations to Iran, and order it to terminate the sanctions without delay and stop any threats about further sanctions.

      Tehran also asked judges to make the United States promise that it will not violate its obligations again, and will fully compensate Iran for the violation of its international legal obligations.

      The lawsuit followed the decision by U.S. President Donald Trump in May to quit the JCPOA. The United States also announced the full reinstatement of U.S. nuclear sanctions on Iran.

      Iran accused the the U.S. side of violating a 1955 friendship treaty between the two countries, the Treaty of Amity, Economic Relations, and Consular Rights, and requested the Court to indicate provisional measures.

      Iran gave its oral arguments on Monday. On Tuesday, the United States will have the opportunity to issue their reaction.

      The second round of oral arguments are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday this week. The announcement of the order on the provisional measures by the judges could take months.

      The ICJ is the principal judicial organ of the United Nations. Its role is to settle legal disputes submitted to it by states and to give advisory opinions on legal questions referred to it by authorized UN organs and specialized agencies, in accordance with international law. The seat of the court is in The Hague.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      Pompeo says U.S. to defend against Iran lawsuit over leaving JCPOA, sanctions

      Source: Xinhua 2018-08-28 02:36:32

      File Photo: A man works on a handwoven carpet at a bazaar in downtown Tehran, Iran, on July 30, 2018. Iran will file a lawsuit with international tribunals against U.S. fresh sanctions on importing handwoven Iranian rugs, Press TV reported on July 28. (Xinhua/Ahmad Halabisaz)

      WASHINGTON, Aug. 27 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Monday that Washington will defend itself in a case brought up by Iran in The Hague to protest the U.S. exit of the landmark Iran nuclear deal, and U.S. re-imposition of sanctions that were lifted under the deal.

      In a statement, Pompeo said that Iran's filing with the International Court of Justice (ICJ) "is an attempt to interfere with the sovereign rights of the United States to take lawful actions, including re-imposition of sanctions, which are necessary to protect our national security."

      Iran brought the case to the United Nations' highest court last month to challenge the U.S. decision to leave the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and to reimpose the sanctions that were suspended as part of that deal.

      Earlier on Monday, the opening day of court hearings in The Hague, the Netherlands, Iran requested that judges at the ICJ order the immediate lifting of U.S. sanctions.

      "The sanctions are unjust and harmful," said Mohsen Mohebi, head of the international legal affairs center of the Iranian President's office. "The sanctions are damaging the economy of Iran, and driving millions of people into poverty."

      Pompeo said "The proceedings instituted by Iran are a misuse of the Court," adding that Washington "will vigorously defend against Iran's meritless claims this week in The Hague," and to continue to work with allies to counter Iran's regional influence and ballistic missile program.

      Moreover, Iran asked the judges to note that the United States breached its obligations to Iran, and order it to terminate the sanctions without delay and stop any threats about further sanctions.

      Tehran also asked judges to make the United States promise that it will not violate its obligations again, and will fully compensate Iran for the violation of its international legal obligations.

      The lawsuit followed the decision by U.S. President Donald Trump in May to quit the JCPOA. The United States also announced the full reinstatement of U.S. nuclear sanctions on Iran.

      Iran accused the the U.S. side of violating a 1955 friendship treaty between the two countries, the Treaty of Amity, Economic Relations, and Consular Rights, and requested the Court to indicate provisional measures.

      Iran gave its oral arguments on Monday. On Tuesday, the United States will have the opportunity to issue their reaction.

      The second round of oral arguments are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday this week. The announcement of the order on the provisional measures by the judges could take months.

      The ICJ is the principal judicial organ of the United Nations. Its role is to settle legal disputes submitted to it by states and to give advisory opinions on legal questions referred to it by authorized UN organs and specialized agencies, in accordance with international law. The seat of the court is in The Hague.

      010020070750000000000000011105091374234881
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 开心五月激情五月综合| 国产探花在线精品一区二区| 国产精品白嫩初高生免费视频| 日本一区不卡高清更新二区| 中文字幕av无码免费一区| a毛片在线播放| 麻豆国产传媒精品视频| 少妇高潮大叫好爽喷水| 日本在线观看视频一区二区三区| 中文字幕麻豆一区二区| 亚洲中文字幕乱码免费播放| 加勒比东京热久久综合| 亚洲午夜无码视频在线播放| 国产jjizz女人多水喷水| 欧美精品一国产成人综合久久 | 九月色婷婷免费| 内地自拍三级在线观看| 国产日韩av在线播放| 日韩亚洲中字无码一区二区三区| 亚洲av无码av在线播放| 8090成人午夜精品无码| 精品国产AⅤ一区二区三区V免费| 天气| 国产精品伦人视频免费看| 女女热在线视频精品| 麻豆av一区二区天堂| 强d漂亮少妇高潮在线观看| 国产伦理自拍视频在线| 亚洲综合网一区二区三区| 蜜桃av多人一区二区三区| 中文字幕亚洲好看有码| 五月天综合社区| 在线午夜精品自拍小视频| 精品夜夜澡人妻无码av| 帅男chinesegay飞机| 日本一区二区在线视频免费观看| 福建省| 国产av无码专区亚洲草草| 亚洲aⅴ无码成人网站国产| 人妖熟女少妇人妖少妇| 无码 制服 丝袜 国产 另类|