亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      U.S., Canada resume trade talks to bridge differences over NAFTA
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-09-06 03:31:49 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: U.S. President Donald Trump (2nd L) welcomes visiting Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (1st L) at the White House in Washington D.C., the United States, on Oct. 11, 2017. Trump met with Trudeau amid new NAFTA negotiations. (Xinhua/Yin Bogu)

      WASHINGTON, Sept. 5 (Xinhua) -- Negotiators from the United States and Canada on Wednesday resumed trade talks here to bridge their differences on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) after the two sides failed to reach a deal last week.

      "Our officials have continued to work hard and constructively over the weekend and we are looking forward to constructive conversations today," Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland told reporters on Wednesday in Washington.

      The trade talks came after U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday that there is "no political necessity" to keep Canada in the new NAFTA deal.

      "If we don't make a fair deal for the U.S. after decades of abuse, Canada will be out," Trump said via Twitter, threatening to terminate the 24-year-old trilateral trade deal.

      The White House has pressured Canada to accept the preliminary agreement it struck with Mexico last Monday to update the trilateral trade deal. But Canada insisted that it would only sign a new agreement that is good for the country.

      One of the major sticking points in the talks is a so-called dispute resolution system, contained in Chapter 19 of the original NAFTA agreement. The United States has proposed to scrap the dispute resolution system that Canada regard as crucial.

      "We've said from the very beginning that we need a dispute resolution mechanism like Chapter 19 and we will hold firm on that," Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Tuesday.

      "As I've said, we will not sign a deal that is bad for Canadians and, quite frankly, not having a Chapter 19 to ensure that the rules are followed would be bad for Canadians," he said.

      While U.S. officials have indicated that they are prepared to go ahead and sign a NAFTA deal only with Mexico, the U.S. business community and many lawmakers have insisted that the NAFTA deal should remain a trilateral pact.

      "Anything other than a trilateral agreement won't win congressional approval and would lose business support," President and CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Thomas Donohue said last week.

      Senate Finance Committee Ranking Member Ron Wyden on Tuesday also refuted Trump's assertion that he could unilaterally withdraw from NAFTA without congressional approval.

      "The president needs to take a look at the Constitution - it gives Congress authority over trade. The president cannot pull America out of NAFTA without Congress's permission," Wyden said in a statement.

      Talks on renegotiating the NAFTA began in August 2017 as Trump threatened to withdraw from the trilateral trade deal, which he claimed harmed U.S. industries and jobs.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      U.S., Canada resume trade talks to bridge differences over NAFTA

      Source: Xinhua 2018-09-06 03:31:49

      File Photo: U.S. President Donald Trump (2nd L) welcomes visiting Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (1st L) at the White House in Washington D.C., the United States, on Oct. 11, 2017. Trump met with Trudeau amid new NAFTA negotiations. (Xinhua/Yin Bogu)

      WASHINGTON, Sept. 5 (Xinhua) -- Negotiators from the United States and Canada on Wednesday resumed trade talks here to bridge their differences on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) after the two sides failed to reach a deal last week.

      "Our officials have continued to work hard and constructively over the weekend and we are looking forward to constructive conversations today," Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland told reporters on Wednesday in Washington.

      The trade talks came after U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday that there is "no political necessity" to keep Canada in the new NAFTA deal.

      "If we don't make a fair deal for the U.S. after decades of abuse, Canada will be out," Trump said via Twitter, threatening to terminate the 24-year-old trilateral trade deal.

      The White House has pressured Canada to accept the preliminary agreement it struck with Mexico last Monday to update the trilateral trade deal. But Canada insisted that it would only sign a new agreement that is good for the country.

      One of the major sticking points in the talks is a so-called dispute resolution system, contained in Chapter 19 of the original NAFTA agreement. The United States has proposed to scrap the dispute resolution system that Canada regard as crucial.

      "We've said from the very beginning that we need a dispute resolution mechanism like Chapter 19 and we will hold firm on that," Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Tuesday.

      "As I've said, we will not sign a deal that is bad for Canadians and, quite frankly, not having a Chapter 19 to ensure that the rules are followed would be bad for Canadians," he said.

      While U.S. officials have indicated that they are prepared to go ahead and sign a NAFTA deal only with Mexico, the U.S. business community and many lawmakers have insisted that the NAFTA deal should remain a trilateral pact.

      "Anything other than a trilateral agreement won't win congressional approval and would lose business support," President and CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Thomas Donohue said last week.

      Senate Finance Committee Ranking Member Ron Wyden on Tuesday also refuted Trump's assertion that he could unilaterally withdraw from NAFTA without congressional approval.

      "The president needs to take a look at the Constitution - it gives Congress authority over trade. The president cannot pull America out of NAFTA without Congress's permission," Wyden said in a statement.

      Talks on renegotiating the NAFTA began in August 2017 as Trump threatened to withdraw from the trilateral trade deal, which he claimed harmed U.S. industries and jobs.

      010020070750000000000000011105091374477161
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人aa在线观看视频| 国产香蕉一区二区三区| 日韩成人免费视频| 日本精品视频一区二区国产| 国产精品白浆视频免费观看| 一区二区三区鲁丝不卡| 日本三区视频| 日韩一欧美内射在线观看| 亚洲乱码精品久久久久..| 中国老熟女人hd| 麻豆国产成人AV| 啊灬啊灬别停啊灬用力啊免费| 日产精品一区二区| 亚洲av国产成人精品区| 乐清市| 国产精品亚洲一区二区v3d| 玉山县| 91精品亚洲一区二区三区| 久久av无码精品人妻糸列| 亚洲Va中文字幕无码毛片下载| 色窝综合网| 日本公与熄乱理在线播放| 天堂网av在线| 日韩精品福利视频在线观看| 亚洲激情一区二区三区在线| 日韩欧美精品有码在线观看| 亚洲国产福利一区二区三区| 夜精品a一区二区三区| 国产精品一区二区三区蜜臀| 亚洲一区乱码精品中文字幕| 国产丝袜啪啪| 国产偷v国产偷v亚洲高清| 无套中出丰满人妻无码| 国产成人亚洲精品自产在线| 亚洲国产日韩精品综合| 无码人妻专区一区二区三区| 亚洲国产高清美女在线观看| 日韩不卡av在线一区二区三区| 伊人久久大香线蕉在观看| 成在线人免费无码高潮喷水| 宅男噜噜噜66在线观看|