亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      UN says 3 mln people at risk amidst hostilities escalation in NW Syria
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-09-08 02:42:31 | Editor: huaxia

      A child cries at a camp for the displaced from the rebel-held Syrian province of Idlib, at the village of al-Ghadfa, southeast of the province on Sept. 2, 2018. (Xinhua/AFP)

      UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 7 (Xinhua) -- The UN humanitarian operation director warned Friday that some 3 million people are at risk amidst the ongoing escalation of hostilities in northwestern Syria.

      "There are some 3 million people living in the Idlib de-escalation zone, which includes parts of Idlib, Aleppo, Lattakia, and Hama governorates," John Ging, director of the Operational Division at the UN Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, told the Security Council.

      The Idlib de-escalation zone is the last remaining of the four created by the Astana process, which is poised to be violated. The process, initiated in early 2017 in the neutral Kazakh capital of Astana, works in tandem with the Geneva talks with an aim to resolve the Syrian crisis.

      Ging pointed out that of the 3 million, 2.1 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance, including 1.4 million people who are internally displaced.

      As a result of insecurity, he said schools in western Idlib around Jisr Ash-Shugur and surrounding communities have been suspended.

      Key crossing points between government and opposition controlled areas are also reportedly closed, he added, restricting freedom of movement for the population and contributing to rising food prices and shortages.

      In addition, Ging said the UN has provided "deconfliction information" for 125 humanitarian sites in Idlib to military actors, a measure that aims to facilitate identification of humanitarian facilities.

      "In their military operations, all parties bear the obligation to take constant care to spare civilians, and civilian objects, including humanitarian workers and humanitarian facilities," he said.

      Despite the recent development, the UN and its partners continue to implement a major humanitarian operation throughout Idlib, he said, with an average of two million people reached every month with cross-border assistance from Turkey.

      In the meantime, efforts have been ongoing to ensure that people in need can be supported in the event of an increase in hostilities, he noted.

      "Plans are in place to support up to 900,000 women, children and men that could be affected by conflict, including for up to a potential 700,000 people who may displace north within Idlib and beyond due to hostilities and some 100,000 people who may cross into government controlled areas," he said.

      Humanitarian aid is being prepositioned inside Idlib, as well as in surrounding areas in Aleppo, Lattakia, and Hama, he added.

      He underscored a shortage of some 311 million dollars in funding, which is required if there is an increase in violence resulting in mass displacement.

      "This is funding we do not have, as multiple crises, in eastern Ghouta, in Afrin, in southern Syria, and in Idlib earlier this year, have strained already limited resources," he explained.

      In conclusion of his briefing to the council, he called for a cessation of hostilities, freedom of movement for people, unhindered humanitarian access, and funding for priority response and readiness activities.

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      UN says 3 mln people at risk amidst hostilities escalation in NW Syria

      Source: Xinhua 2018-09-08 02:42:31

      A child cries at a camp for the displaced from the rebel-held Syrian province of Idlib, at the village of al-Ghadfa, southeast of the province on Sept. 2, 2018. (Xinhua/AFP)

      UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 7 (Xinhua) -- The UN humanitarian operation director warned Friday that some 3 million people are at risk amidst the ongoing escalation of hostilities in northwestern Syria.

      "There are some 3 million people living in the Idlib de-escalation zone, which includes parts of Idlib, Aleppo, Lattakia, and Hama governorates," John Ging, director of the Operational Division at the UN Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, told the Security Council.

      The Idlib de-escalation zone is the last remaining of the four created by the Astana process, which is poised to be violated. The process, initiated in early 2017 in the neutral Kazakh capital of Astana, works in tandem with the Geneva talks with an aim to resolve the Syrian crisis.

      Ging pointed out that of the 3 million, 2.1 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance, including 1.4 million people who are internally displaced.

      As a result of insecurity, he said schools in western Idlib around Jisr Ash-Shugur and surrounding communities have been suspended.

      Key crossing points between government and opposition controlled areas are also reportedly closed, he added, restricting freedom of movement for the population and contributing to rising food prices and shortages.

      In addition, Ging said the UN has provided "deconfliction information" for 125 humanitarian sites in Idlib to military actors, a measure that aims to facilitate identification of humanitarian facilities.

      "In their military operations, all parties bear the obligation to take constant care to spare civilians, and civilian objects, including humanitarian workers and humanitarian facilities," he said.

      Despite the recent development, the UN and its partners continue to implement a major humanitarian operation throughout Idlib, he said, with an average of two million people reached every month with cross-border assistance from Turkey.

      In the meantime, efforts have been ongoing to ensure that people in need can be supported in the event of an increase in hostilities, he noted.

      "Plans are in place to support up to 900,000 women, children and men that could be affected by conflict, including for up to a potential 700,000 people who may displace north within Idlib and beyond due to hostilities and some 100,000 people who may cross into government controlled areas," he said.

      Humanitarian aid is being prepositioned inside Idlib, as well as in surrounding areas in Aleppo, Lattakia, and Hama, he added.

      He underscored a shortage of some 311 million dollars in funding, which is required if there is an increase in violence resulting in mass displacement.

      "This is funding we do not have, as multiple crises, in eastern Ghouta, in Afrin, in southern Syria, and in Idlib earlier this year, have strained already limited resources," he explained.

      In conclusion of his briefing to the council, he called for a cessation of hostilities, freedom of movement for people, unhindered humanitarian access, and funding for priority response and readiness activities.

      010020070750000000000000011105091374528031
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久综合九色综合久99| 爆乳午夜福利视频精品| 国产精品亚洲片夜色在线| 亚洲精品一卡2卡三卡4卡乱码天| 国产精品自在线拍国产| 麻豆久久精品亚洲精品88| 蜜桃视频在线观看网站免费 | 国产av天堂亚洲国产av麻豆| 亚洲有码转帖| 亚洲精品国男人在线视频| 亚洲av午夜福利精品一级无| 国产精品黑人一区二区三区 | 国产精品一区二区三区三级 | 在线天堂资源www中文| 久草国产手机视频在线观看| 黑人一区二区三区在线| 高清av一区二区三区在线| 胶南市| 国产精品 精品国内自产拍| 日本精品一区二区在线看| 免费无码av片在线观看中文| 亚洲秘av一区二区三区| 国产av一区二区三区福利 | 久久迷青品着产亚洲av网站| 精品无码AⅤ片| 亚洲一区二区乱码精品| 成年无码av片在线蜜芽| 久久精品美女久久| 国产西西裸体一级黄色大片| 亚洲av美女在线播放啊| 精品不卡一区二区三区| 欧美性猛片aaaaaaa做受| 亚洲一区精品一区在线观看| 久久精品国产亚洲av成人擦边 | 猫咪AV成人永久网站在线观看| 一级成人欧美一区在线观看| 亚洲美腿丝袜福利一区| 国产a级黄色一区二区| 人妻丰满熟妇AV无码区乱| 久久无码人妻一区二区三区午夜| 蜜桃视频在线观看网站免费|