亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码
       
      U.S., Saudi Arabia agree on "thorough" investigation of journalist's disappearance
                       Source: Xinhua | 2018-10-17 00:01:16 | Editor: huaxia

      File Photo: U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo meets with Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in Riyadh , Saudi Arabia April 29, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Oct. 16 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. State Department said here on Tuesday that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo agreed with Saudi Arabia on the importance of conducting a "thorough, transparent, and timely" investigation of the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

      According to a statement issued by State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert on Tuesday, Pompeo met earlier with Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in Riyadh during his stay in Saudi Arabia.

      Pompeo thanked the king for Saudi Arabia's strong partnership with the United States, Nauert said, adding that the two leaders had discussed a number of regional and bilateral issues.

      Pompeo "also thanked the King for his commitment to supporting a thorough, transparent, and timely investigation of Khashoggi's disappearance," the statement read.

      In a separate statement issued on the same day, Nauert said Pompeo had also met with his Saudi counterpart Adel al-Jubeir.

      Pompeo "thanked the foreign minister for his continued partnership and he and the foreign minister followed up on a range of regional and bilateral issues discussed at the UN General Assembly," the statement read.

      He reiterated U.S. concern over Khashoggi's disappearance, Nauert said, adding that both foreign ministers had "agreed on the importance of a thorough, transparent, and timely investigation."

      Also in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, Pompeo met with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, when he "reiterated the President's concern" over Khashoggi's disappearance, as well as "the President's desire to determine what happened."

      Pompeo welcomed Saudi Arabia's support of the Turkish authorities' investigation, the State Department said, noting that both agreed on the need for an investigation "that provides answers."

      The case of Khashoggi, a journalist and columnist for The Washington Post, has become a major source of tension between the Kingdom and the West.

      Khashoggi has been missing since he entered the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2.

      Unconfirmed reports said that Khashoggi was likely killed inside the compound, a claim denied by Saudi officials as "baseless."

      Earlier on Monday, investigators entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. A Saudi delegation reportedly had entered the consulate one hour before the Turkish police arrived and appeared still to be inside as the search was conducted.

      A latest AP report said that the Turkish police had found evidence in Saudi consulate that Khashoggi was killed there.

      Also on Tuesday, U.S. President Donald Trump denied having any financial interests with the Saudi side, to which the U.S. media had attributed the president's ambiguity towards the case.

      Last week, Trump said during an interview that he will impose severe punishment if Saudi Arabia is confirmed to be behind Khashoggi's alleged death.

      However, he refused to list what measures he would take, only saying that he would not choose to impose sanctions on the country for fear of losing its military sales orders with U.S. companies.

      On Monday, Trump went on to say that "rogue killers" could be responsible for the disappearance, as Saudi king had denied having any information about Khashoggi's case during his call with Trump.

      "I mean, who knows? We're going to try getting to the bottom of it very soon, but his was a flat denial," he said. "It sounded like he, and also the Crown Prince, had no knowledge."

      Saudi Arabia on Sunday warned against any threats to exert economic sanctions or political pressure on the kingdom, saying it will respond with greater action given the kingdom's outsized role in the global economy.

      U.S. media reported on Monday that Saudi Arabia would admit that the disappearance and alleged death of Khashoggi was the result of an interrogation gone wrong.

      A report by CNN quoted two sources as saying that the Saudi side is preparing a report to acknowledge that the interrogation of Khashoggi had been intended to abduct him from Turkey, but went wrong and lead to his death.

      The Saudi report would likely conclude that the operation was carried out without clearance and transparency and that those involved will be held accountable, CNN reported.

      It added that the report was still being prepared and things could change.

      France, Germany and Britain on Sunday expressed concerns over the case, calling for "a credible investigation" into the incident.

      In a joint statement, the top diplomats of the three European countries stressed that "all the light must be shed on the disappearance of ... Khashoggi," and that "there needs to be a credible investigation to establish the truth about what happened, and, if relevant, to identify those responsible ... and ensure that they are held to account."

      Back to Top Close
      Xinhuanet

      U.S., Saudi Arabia agree on "thorough" investigation of journalist's disappearance

      Source: Xinhua 2018-10-17 00:01:16

      File Photo: U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo meets with Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in Riyadh , Saudi Arabia April 29, 2018. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

      WASHINGTON, Oct. 16 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. State Department said here on Tuesday that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo agreed with Saudi Arabia on the importance of conducting a "thorough, transparent, and timely" investigation of the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

      According to a statement issued by State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert on Tuesday, Pompeo met earlier with Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in Riyadh during his stay in Saudi Arabia.

      Pompeo thanked the king for Saudi Arabia's strong partnership with the United States, Nauert said, adding that the two leaders had discussed a number of regional and bilateral issues.

      Pompeo "also thanked the King for his commitment to supporting a thorough, transparent, and timely investigation of Khashoggi's disappearance," the statement read.

      In a separate statement issued on the same day, Nauert said Pompeo had also met with his Saudi counterpart Adel al-Jubeir.

      Pompeo "thanked the foreign minister for his continued partnership and he and the foreign minister followed up on a range of regional and bilateral issues discussed at the UN General Assembly," the statement read.

      He reiterated U.S. concern over Khashoggi's disappearance, Nauert said, adding that both foreign ministers had "agreed on the importance of a thorough, transparent, and timely investigation."

      Also in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, Pompeo met with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, when he "reiterated the President's concern" over Khashoggi's disappearance, as well as "the President's desire to determine what happened."

      Pompeo welcomed Saudi Arabia's support of the Turkish authorities' investigation, the State Department said, noting that both agreed on the need for an investigation "that provides answers."

      The case of Khashoggi, a journalist and columnist for The Washington Post, has become a major source of tension between the Kingdom and the West.

      Khashoggi has been missing since he entered the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2.

      Unconfirmed reports said that Khashoggi was likely killed inside the compound, a claim denied by Saudi officials as "baseless."

      Earlier on Monday, investigators entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. A Saudi delegation reportedly had entered the consulate one hour before the Turkish police arrived and appeared still to be inside as the search was conducted.

      A latest AP report said that the Turkish police had found evidence in Saudi consulate that Khashoggi was killed there.

      Also on Tuesday, U.S. President Donald Trump denied having any financial interests with the Saudi side, to which the U.S. media had attributed the president's ambiguity towards the case.

      Last week, Trump said during an interview that he will impose severe punishment if Saudi Arabia is confirmed to be behind Khashoggi's alleged death.

      However, he refused to list what measures he would take, only saying that he would not choose to impose sanctions on the country for fear of losing its military sales orders with U.S. companies.

      On Monday, Trump went on to say that "rogue killers" could be responsible for the disappearance, as Saudi king had denied having any information about Khashoggi's case during his call with Trump.

      "I mean, who knows? We're going to try getting to the bottom of it very soon, but his was a flat denial," he said. "It sounded like he, and also the Crown Prince, had no knowledge."

      Saudi Arabia on Sunday warned against any threats to exert economic sanctions or political pressure on the kingdom, saying it will respond with greater action given the kingdom's outsized role in the global economy.

      U.S. media reported on Monday that Saudi Arabia would admit that the disappearance and alleged death of Khashoggi was the result of an interrogation gone wrong.

      A report by CNN quoted two sources as saying that the Saudi side is preparing a report to acknowledge that the interrogation of Khashoggi had been intended to abduct him from Turkey, but went wrong and lead to his death.

      The Saudi report would likely conclude that the operation was carried out without clearance and transparency and that those involved will be held accountable, CNN reported.

      It added that the report was still being prepared and things could change.

      France, Germany and Britain on Sunday expressed concerns over the case, calling for "a credible investigation" into the incident.

      In a joint statement, the top diplomats of the three European countries stressed that "all the light must be shed on the disappearance of ... Khashoggi," and that "there needs to be a credible investigation to establish the truth about what happened, and, if relevant, to identify those responsible ... and ensure that they are held to account."

      010020070750000000000000011105091375371431
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品中文字幕一区二区三区| 中国老妇女50xxxxhd| 日韩视频无码免费一区=区三区| 国产成人精品日本亚洲成熟| 少妇无码吹潮| 黄色三级网站免费| 538国产视频| 亚洲精品一区二区三区蜜臀| 国产精品一区二区日韩精品| 免费国产在线精品三区| 亚洲精品美女久久久久网站| 国产在线中文字幕精品| 国产精品美人久久久久久AV| 蜜臀av一区二区国产在线| 托克逊县| 国产91一区二这在线播放| 亚洲熟女WWW一区二区三区| 无码成人精品区在线观看| 久久无码高潮喷水抽搐| 亚洲精品一区二区三区播放 | 亚洲精品suv精品一区二区| 高h秘书不许穿内裤1vh| 夜夜躁日日躁狠狠久久av| 丰满人妻在公车被猛烈进入电影| 成年女人片免费视频播放A| 亚洲精品在线+在线播放| 国产swag在线观看| 高清高速无码一区二区| 国产一区二区三区在线免费播放| 久久久久久久综合日本| 亚洲熟女国产熟女二区三区| 91极品尤物在线观看播放| 一二三四在线视频观看社区| 亚洲处破女 www| 日本激情视频一区在线观看| 亚洲综合色区无码专区| 丝袜足控一区二区三区| 少妇被日到高潮的视频| 日本一区免费喷水| 天堂69亚洲精品中文字幕| 青草99在线免费观看|